What's new

One in five women raped in US: White House report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Social issue turned into a joke by you guys

Yes I'm the one who made the derogatory comment with a popcorn smiley in this thread.
Now let me go into a thread on a suicide attack in Pakistan and make a similar comment. I'll get congratulatory responses. You are right!

' Social Issue turned into a joke by you guyz'. Huh! Just need to screen the forum a bit and check how many rape related news we guyz open to score Brownie points.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the US of A. But I've been to god only knows how many parties here, the amount of drunk chicks that get fingered without their knowledge/when they are too drunk to say no is too damn high. Nobody ever reports that shit.

Pretty sure every non-Indian/Asian chick I know has had that happen to them. Or just about anyway.

Okay you have no counter argument to make. About Indian men here on PDF, most are the victims of media manipulation and the fact that India had conceded the ground entirely to the Western academicians to interpret India through their extremely biased white supremacist lens. That is going to change henceforth.

India is miles ahead of USA in its understanding of human condition and relationships.
I have plenty of counter arguments to make: The Indians living and working here in the US. And then there is the Internet.

The Indian women engineers that I work with, my company do not care what caste they are and we will enforce our ways and our laws upon both Indian men and women within our jurisdictions. If an Indian man harass an Indian woman, he will be fired then turn over to the police, who will also care nothing for what castes they are back in India. So for all your comments about Americans being 'savages', it is we Americans who are civilizing you Indians, albeit one Indian at a time. Too bad for that considering the sorry conditions in India, from filthy rivers to slums, may be we should send our EPA over there and get things done. May be we should send our religious leaders over there and get your 'holy men' to clean themselves up, put on some clean clothes, and stop eating rotting meat.

Who ever justified rapes? Did I say that Indians should start teaching rapes in school? Did I say that Indian moms should ask their boys to rape a girl everyday? So where in my argument did you get the idea that I was supporting or justifying rapes?

So what is your point showing me that article? Or is the Indian village "court" ordering gang rape of women worse than the institutionalized rape that the American justice system does when it routinely "cavity" searches on every suspect. Are you telling me that having the American marshal's hand up one's *** is human rights?
In the US, if a man rape a woman, it is because he is an animal. In your India, if a man rape a woman, it is because of her, whether she is of a lower caste or a foreigner. Bodily searches are for security reasons as a last resort by a sophisticated state. Rape as an instrument of retaliation is reserved for primitives.

I have plenty of counter arguments to make: The Indians living and working here in the US. And then there is the Internet.
The Indian women engineers that I work with, my company do not care what caste they are and we will enforce our ways and our laws upon both Indian men and women within our jurisdictions. If an Indian man harass an Indian woman, he will be fired then turn over to the police, who will also care nothing for what castes they are back in India. So for all your comments about Americans being 'savages', it is we Americans who are civilizing you Indians, albeit one Indian at a time. Too bad for that considering the sorry conditions in India, from filthy rivers to slums, may be we should send our EPA over there and get things done. May be we should send our religious leaders over there and get your 'holy men' to clean themselves up, put on some clean clothes, and stop eating rotting meat.

You will do diddly squat. Most Indians come back to India and marry. What will you do? Force them to marry an American white and not within their caste? Indian men do not as a norm harass Indian women or as a cultural requirement :lol:. So please do report any man who harasses a women, you have my full support. India does not care much for caste either where jobs are concerned. That is why you see all castes working in all kinds of jobs. Americans were savages and are savages, just look at the state of your society - rampant alcoholism, drug abuse, prostitution, sexually transmitted diseases, uncontrolled homicides, broken homes, kids shooting kids in school, mass imprisonment, state sanctioned rapes, racism, state sanctioned robbery where all bankers authorized to rob the entire country, military experiments on Americans, etc. etc. etc. It is India which is civilizing you guys. Indian philosophies which taught you the importance of human dignity and divinity. Indian gurus whose ashrams are full who gave you message of civility and peace. See those doing yoga, meditation, kirtans and look at the peace on their faces. That is the civilizing influence of India on Americans. India is green. Almost all Indians drink from tap water and are no worse for it. Most Americans drink bottled water because they do not trust their tap water. Indians are richer than Americans in real terms with 80% Indians owning their own homes and farmlands and gold. It is Americans who eat 6-month to 1 year old frozen meat, whereas the meat eaten in India is fresh with the animal slaughtered in the morning and consumed by nightfall. All the clothes in the world will not hide the ugliness hidden in the American mind and body.

In the US, if a man rape a woman, it is because he is an animal. In your India, if a man rape a woman, it is because of her, whether she is of a lower caste or a foreigner. Bodily searches are for security reasons as a last resort by a sophisticated state. Rape as an instrument of retaliation is reserved for primitives.

Indians who rape are animals too and no it is not because of caste differences. There are 6-7 million foreigners visiting India every year. Given your argument all there is gender equality in your countries, I would assume that the of 6-7 million foreigners visiting India both genders are in equal numbers. So if 3-3.5 million foreign women visit India very year. Of that this year there have been 5-6 rape cases of a foreign woman in India, that is hardly a stat which points toward institutionalized raping of foreign woman as you allude.

You can make all kind of excuses for institutionalized rapes and cover it with various terms like bodily searches, yada, yada, yada, all it amounts to is a lipstick on a pig.

Last edited:
You will do diddly squat. Most Indians come back to India and marry. What will you do? Force them to marry an American white and not within their caste?
Who is forcing anyone to do anything? But then again, by virtue of being in America, we are forcing Indian men to become more civilized.

Indian men do not as a norm harass Indian women or as a cultural requirement :lol:.
You are correct with that laughing icon. It is hilarious. So sad of that delusion that even your fellow Indians do not believe you.

So please do report any man who harasses a women, you have my full support.
That is funny. Now you said you fully support the exposure of Indian men harassing women, but a while back, you effectively called Dalit women and activists liars for exposing their horrors.

Americans were savages and are savages, just look at the state of your society - rampant alcoholism, drug abuse, prostitution, sexually transmitted diseases, uncontrolled homicides, broken homes, kids shooting kids in school, mass imprisonment, state sanctioned rapes, racism, state sanctioned robbery where all bankers authorized to rob the entire country, military experiments on Americans, etc. etc. etc.
And yet we see plenty of Indians living here. From 7-Eleven store owners to engineers.

It is India which is civilizing you guys. Indian philosophies which taught you the importance of human dignity and divinity. Indian gurus whose ashrams are full who gave you message of civility and peace. See those doing yoga, meditation, kirtans and look at the peace on their faces. That is the civilizing influence of India on Americans. India is green. Almost all Indians drink from tap water and are no worse for it. Most Americans drink bottled water because they do not trust their tap water. Indians are richer than Americans in real terms with 80% Indians owning their own homes and farmlands and gold. It is Americans who eat 6-month to 1 year old frozen meat, whereas the meat eaten in India is fresh with the animal slaughtered in the morning and consumed by nightfall. All the clothes in the world will not hide the ugliness hidden in the American mind and body.
Yeah...All you Indians living in the US read that? You guys really think what this foolish lady just spouted is credible?

Indians who rape are animals too and no it is not because of caste differences.
That is bullshit and the Indian men on this forum knows it is bullshit.

Who is forcing anyone to do anything? But then again, by virtue of being in America, we are forcing Indian men to become more civilized.

Lol, by the virtue of being in America they are getting civilized? Indian Americans are holding onto their Indian values as dear to life. Just look at the amount of Indian cultural centers and programs Indian Americans are involved in. They are more right-wing Hindus than the Hindus in India itself.

That is funny. Now you said you fully support the exposure of Indian men harassing women, but a while back, you effectively called Dalit women and activists liars for exposing their horrors.

I said I support exposure of any man who harasses a women regardless of nationality, religion, or caste. Dalit activists are mostly phony and most are fronts for evangelical Christian organizations. So they keep churning out church-directed victimization saga more frequently than Bollywood churns out masala movies.

And yet we see plenty of Indians living here. From 7-Eleven store owners to engineers.

Yeah, Indians have to discharge their civilization burden. They need to tame and civilize America. It is the brown man's burden. So overall a favor done to America. On a more serious note, it is because of the value differential between a dollar and rupee. Indian rupee is not the world's reserve currency, so it cannot artificially inflate its value unlike the dollar. Until this disparity exists, there will be people trying to take advantage of it and move to where they can find higher value for their effort.

Yeah...All you Indians living in the US read that? You guys really think what this foolish lady just spouted is credible?

Why, did that shock you out of your American exceptionalism delusion. Do you plan to shoot yourself now or what?

That is bullshit and the Indian men on this forum knows it is bullshit.

Sure, ask the Indian men on this forum how many lower caste women they have raped and how many have been taught by their parents and their religion to rape.

Last edited:
Lol, by the virtue of being in America they are getting civilized? Indian Americans are holding onto their Indian values as dear to life. Just look at the amount of Indian cultural centers and programs Indian Americans are involved in. They are more right-wing Hindus than the Hindus in India itself.
You bet.

I said I support exposure of any man who harasses a women regardless of nationality, religion, or caste. Dalit activists are mostly phony and most are fronts for evangelical Christian organizations. So they keep churning out church-directed victimization saga more frequently than Bollywood churns out masala movies.
You mean like this one...

Introduction — Portal
Vulnerably placed at the bottom of India’s caste, class and gender hierarchies, DalitWomen experience endemic gender and caste discrimination and violence. They bear the brunt of untouchability, caste oppression, poverty and political subordination along with Dalitmen. They share gender based discrimination and exploitation from the patriarchal systems inside and outside the home. The interface of the severely imbalanced social, economic and political power equations in caste and patriarchy impacts Dalit Women uniquely, distinct from the experience of other women or Dalitmen.

A micro study of 124 cases by Centre for Dalit Rights of atrocities in 5 districts of Rajasthan between October 2004 and January 2006, showed that 55 of these cases were directly inflicted on Dalit Women and Girl children. They ranged from rape, gang rape, rape of minor girls, murder and attempt to murder, physical assault, battering and acid attack. Another 28 women were affected along with their families through land related violence, social boycott, murder of husbands and sons. It is clear that Dalit Womenare the prime victims in violence against Dalit communities.
Basically, you are telling the world that the sorry conditions of women in general, and Dalits in particular, do not exist, or at best nothing like what the 'white' media reported from India.

Let us see what else going on in India when it comes to rape...

The bizarre story of rape and murder of a Dalit girl in Haryana | Tehelka.com
What does it take for a rape to be declared a rape? A girl gone missing, her mutilated body found on a deserted stretch, an unprecedented three post-mortems? Apparently in Haryana, even that is not enough.

It has been seven days since a 20-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Haryana’s Jind city. There are no suspects and the police refuses to give details of their inquiries and investigations. The body has not been cremated; it’s lying wrapped in white sheets, in a refrigerated glass case in the grounds of Jind’s Samanya Hospital. It has for company, the girl’s father and about 300 protesters camped out in the hospital agitating everyday for justice and action from the police and the state.
Looks pretty phony to me. Must be satire from The Onion.

What else...

Tripura: Five-year-old girl murdered while resisting rape | Tehelka.com
On the evening of 25 April, yet another minor girl fell prey to sexual abuse, this time inTripura.

A five-year-old girl, who was studying in kindergarten, was raped and murdered on Thursday late evening in Chelagang, a remote hamlet in Tripura’s Korbook sub-division in Gomati district, about 130 KM away from state capital Agartala. The body of the girl was recovered on Friday evening after the accused, Sanjit Saha (35), a worker in a local sweet shop, accepted of committing the crime after the police arrested him on suspicion. On Saturday, the Sub Divisional Judicial Magistrate of Amarpur sent the accused to a police remand for five days.
Mr. Ratnadip Choudhury must be starting out a career as a comedian.

What else...

Understanding India’s rape crisis | Harvard Gazette
...still has extremely high rates of child marriage, of teenage pregnancy, and of domestic violence. There’s still a sense that boys and men are fed before girls and women, so that if there’s not enough milk to go around in a family, it goes to the boys. Ways in which women are not valorized are endemic in the society. Once the sense that women are less important in some way is endemic and accepted, as it is, once large sections of Indian society accept that women are there to service men, that men are justified in hitting their wives, then pervasive gender violence comes as no great surprise.
What a 'civilization' for US to emulate, one where women are considered not just legal but philosophical second class beings. Not human beings, mind you. But just beings.

Yeah, Indians have to discharge their civilization burden. They need to tame and civilize America. It is the brown man's burden. So overall a favor done to America. On a more serious note, it is because of the value differential between a dollar and rupee. Indian rupee is not the world's reserve currency, so it cannot artificially inflate its value unlike the dollar. Until this disparity exists, there will be people trying to take advantage of it and move to where they can find higher value for their effort.
No need to get serious. Your arguments were never serious to start.

Why, did that shock you out of your American exceptionalism delusion. Do you plan to shoot yourself now or what?
Compare to your primitive India, I am shock that you do not acknowledged US as superior, despite our young age in the world.

Sure, ask the Indian men on this forum how many lower caste women they have raped and how many have been taught by their parents and their religion to rape.
As if they will admit...

The bizarre story of rape and murder of a Dalit girl in Haryana | Tehelka.com

Tripura: Five-year-old girl murdered while resisting rape | Tehelka.com

LOL. So that is it? Blogs and reports from Tehelka? The Ford Foundation funded paper? And Harvard Gazette?

The founder and Editor-in-Chief of Tehelka is in jail right now on rape charges and his paper about to close down given its illegal funding and the amount of corruption involved. A paper with less than 2000 prints in circulation and you are quoting it? Bravo.

Harvard and its South Asian studies or India Studies department is as clued in about India as a Jihadi about the value of human life. Try harder please. Also while there are horrendous rape epidemic in US itself, Harvard's focus on India speaks volumes of its misplaced concerns. Should Harvard not be tending to the 22 million rape victims in USA first?

What a 'civilization' for US to emulate, one where women are considered not just legal but philosophical second class beings. Not human beings, mind you. But just beings.

India is the right civilization for USA to emulate. Women in India are consider superior human beings and not only that they are also elevated to the positions of goddesses. Indian history is full of female goddess, Queens, administrators, warriors, entrepreneurs. Various kingdoms in Indian territory have long history of being ruled by women and also there are large sections of India where to date society is matriarchal.

Here some of my favorite queens and warriors

Rani Lakshmibai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kittur Chennamma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Abbakka Chowta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Keladi Chennamma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Razia Sultana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorite goddesses

The warrior goddess Durga riding her tiger and making a mincemeat of a villain.
images

The goddess of wealth, Lakshmi.

god5e.jpg

Now look at the political empowerment of Indian women.

Leader of ruling party in parliament -- Sonia Gandhi
Leader of opposition in parliament --Sushma Swaraj
Speaker of the house -- Meira Kumar.
Ex-president of India -- Pratibha Patil.
Ex-Chief Minister of UP, Delhi -- Mayawait and Shiela Dixit
Current Chief Minister of WB and TN -- Mamata Banerjee and Jayalalitha
Ex-Ambassador of India to USA -- Nirupama Rao
Most current Ambassadors of India to important foreign countries are all women.

There are a million grassroots women leaders in panchayats (village governing bodies)

Between the four women chief ministers of India they ruled 400 million people. When you take into account both the ruling party and the main opposition party leaders, they are both women and rule the entire country.

No need to get serious. Your arguments were never serious to start.

LOL.

Compare to your primitive India, I am shock that you do not acknowledged US as superior, despite our young age in the world.

Primitive India? There is more civilization India has forgotten than America has every experienced. 50 years of being on the top of the world and already looking at the abyss - that is is what USA is. Boy show some respect when you are talking about a greater than 5000 year old civilization.

As if they will admit...

Well you have seen how self-hating they are and claim to be so honest about improving India, I am sure if there are one or two they wont mind confessing here on this forum where most of us as anonymous.

LOL. So that is it? Blogs and reports from Tehelka? The Ford Foundation funded paper? And Harvard Gazette?
Must be tough to see the truth. Please make it official that these articles are false.

India is the right civilization for USA to emulate. Women in India are consider superior human beings and not only that they are also elevated to the positions of goddesses.
Yeah...The status of women in India must be mysterious to the rest of the world. Kinda hard to rape a statue, you think?

Primitive India? There is more civilization India has forgotten than America has every experienced. 50 years of being on the top of the world and already looking at the abyss - that is is what USA is. Boy show some respect when you are talking about a greater than 5000 year old civilization.
Madam...The reality is that people do not live in the past or in fantasylands and it seems like you are living in both. People who live in the now are interested in what can be and have been accomplished NOW, not what was forgotten. And in the absence of accomplishments, people will respect those who accomplished and jeered those who live in the past.

Well you have seen how self-hating they are and claim to be so honest about improving India, I am sure if there are one or two they wont mind confessing here on this forum where most of us as anonymous.
So according to you, those who disagree with you are liars and self hating. Am sure you understand that they would consider you delusional. But we already know that.

I just do not understand this..you are professional and are on this forum from 2009..still going for tit for tat tactics..
these are real time society problem and happens everywhere..but it's also true america has this issue but is not taken seriously..
how come india is related to this thread ...this only shows your denial attitude towards your country problem and you like only blame game...:tup:

The kind of comment made earlier, begged for such a reply from her.

In anycase, highlighting american or any other western problems arent going to wish away the media negativism towards the Third World. They would still continue to show a 90's clip of kid playing in garbage with the Mars mission narrative running in the background. Thats world for you.

The kind of comment made earlier, begged for such a reply from her.
But when an Indian called my country a 'shame to the world' despite US being flawed have done much good for the world, it should not begged a response from me?

In anycase, highlighting american or any other western problems arent going to wish away the media negativism towards the Third World. They would still continue to show a 90's clip of kid playing in garbage with the Mars mission narrative running in the background. Thats world for you.
That is like someone with a broken wooden wheel wagon laughing at someone with a flat tire. Highlighting our flaws give people temporary respite from the misery of wherever they are in and given the availability of the Internet, an American invention and good for the world, such escapes are inevitable and eagerly sought out.

Rapists have no color or creed, all they have is....an intense urge to rape

Americans are a shame to the world...

Anyone who has spent more than a few days in America knows the statistics are complete BS and cannot be compared across nations.

If 1 in 5 women in the US have been raped then chances are that someone in every single family has been raped. Ridiculous.

Must be tough to see the truth. Please make it official that these articles are false.
There is no need to. People understand they are filth. Every rape and every social conflict being termed as caste warfare suits the Western agenda of creating trouble in India.

Yeah...The status of women in India must be mysterious to the rest of the world. Kinda hard to rape a statue, you think?
It is not mysterious to the rest of the world. Most who really know India know how lucky Indians are. Now you can try raping a statue and let us know if you found it hard or not.

Madam...The reality is that people do not live in the past or in fantasylands and it seems like you are living in both. People who live in the now are interested in what can be and have been accomplished NOW, not what was forgotten. And in the absence of accomplishments, people will respect those who accomplished and jeered those who live in the past.

Well the political representation of Indian women is a reality. The economic growth of India is a reality. The fact that Indians are modernizing is a reality. You yourself claimed that you work with a lot of Indian women which also shows the progressiveness of Indian society. India of course can do a lot better, but then try managing a country with so many ethnicities and religions and languages and still remain as free as India really is, then you would understand the insurmountable challenges India has faced and overcome. Given where the British left us 60 years ago, India has literally pulled itself up off its bootstraps. This is hardly fantasyland stuff.

So according to you, those who disagree with you are liars and self hating. Am sure you understand that they would consider you delusional. But we already know that.

No I won't claim the Indians here to be liars, it is more like Stockholm syndrome. Effect of our past colonization and adoration of our colonizers by the Indians.

Does not matter what they consider me to be, in the heart of heart they know it is the truth.

There is no need to. People understand they are filth. Every rape and every social conflict being termed as caste warfare suits the Western agenda of creating trouble in India.
Right...Next it will be the Western media that created the caste system. :lol:

It is not mysterious to the rest of the world. Most who really know India know how lucky Indians are. Now you can try raping a statue and let us know if you found it hard or not.
It is mysterious. On the one hand, superstitions elevated women and you extolled the virtues of that, but on the other hand, five yrs old girls are raped and the local authorities gave no shits about her. So please spare us how many statues and paintings of Indian goddesses you have, as if everyone cares about your superstitions. Show us how India can lead the world in gender equality.

Ooopss...Never mind that last...:rolleyes:

Well the political representation of Indian women is a reality. The economic growth of India is a reality. The fact that Indians are modernizing is a reality. You yourself claimed that you work with a lot of Indian women which also shows the progressiveness of Indian society. India of course can do a lot better, but then try managing a country with so many ethnicities and religions and languages and still remain as free as India really is, then you would understand the insurmountable challenges India has faced and overcome. Given where the British left us 60 years ago, India has literally pulled itself up off its bootstraps. This is hardly fantasyland stuff.
Yeah...But is US who is the 'shame to the world'. If you are serious about self reflection, you would have gone after that comment instead of my response to that idiot.

No I won't claim the Indians here to be liars, it is more like Stockholm syndrome. Effect of our past colonization and adoration of our colonizers by the Indians.

Does not matter what they consider me to be, in the heart of heart they know it is the truth.
Yes, you do and you have. Not in words, but pretty much in intent and that have been obvious.

Now please prove the readers that those stories I posted about the on going atrocities in your 'glorious' India are false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom