What's new

Official British Brexit thread.

:o: what. have you seen the news?
http://www.cityam.com/244795/aviva-...end-trading-many-amid-brexit-woes-uncertainty

banks are allowing to make more and more loans below the limit of 10 times their capital. you do know a stress test on our banks revieled all banks passed but some just about and that that just made it were past banks with problems lloyds rbs. heck in italy 9 of them failed and a few others. also dont forget paris and berlin are proposing to banks to move to their cities as they are promissing better deals than us. at upto 10% of our gdp right their gone. why? some orangutan and a nut case scaredthe sh!t out of the british public. we give 350 million to the eu. bla bla bla. did you read the email where she said that they established that was a lie this was debated on the 28th of june (her email was in my spam inbox hence the lateness) also that for a few months and possibly years were in for a rough ride.

boris..... his political career is down the drain
farage........ him to
the pair of them basically abandoned ship.

Capital requirements are ten times, prior to the 2009 crash, but you have to remember the banks are in a far better position to deal with this. The Bank of England has made £250bn of liquidity available to banks, but senior bankers are saying this is unnecessary.
Paris and Berlin can propose all they want, they lack the external economies of scale London has. I went to a presentation by Richard Taylor (head of Barclays investment) and he stated clearly that banks will not just up sticks and move. You also have to take into account that Euro capital in and outflows form a smaller part of the transactions in the city. HSBC came out with a statement that they already have sufficient staff to handle such issues on the mainland, so jobs here will not be lost. The Eurozone is also a very sluggish growth market, so any impact remains to be seen.
I didn't get any email, and sadly a great deal of the current emails flying around are utter rubbish from some remain folks who can't take what has happened.
Farrage said from day one he will leave, once we exit the EU. Borris is waiting for 2020, he's not stupid, which many people take him for.

Last edited:
Theresa May v Andrea Leadsom to be next prime minister
_90316748_mayleadsom.jpg

Theresa May and Andrea Leadsom will battle it out to become the next leader of the Conservative Party after Michael Gove was eliminated from the contest.

After the second MPs' ballot, Home Secretary Mrs May finished with 199 votes, Energy Minister Mrs Leadsom 84 and Mr Gove, the justice secretary, 46.

Conservative members will now decide the winning candidate, with the result due on 9 September.

The winner will become the UK's second female prime minister.

Which Bhuddi is right candidate for PM?

Capital requirements are ten times, prior to the 2009 crash, but you have to remember the banks are in a far better position to deal with this. The Bank of England has made £250bn of liquidity available to banks, but senior bankers are saying this is unnecessary.
Paris and Berlin can propose all they want, they lack the external economies of scale London has. I went to a presentation by had Richard Taylor (head of Barclays investment) and he stated clearly that banks will not just up sticks and move. You also have to take into account that Euro capital in and outflows form a smaller part of the transactions in the city. HSBC came out with a statement that they already have sufficient staff to handle such issues on the mainland, so jobs here will not be lost. The Eurozone is also a very sluggish growth market, so any impact remains to be seen.
I didn't get any email, and sadly a great deal of the current emails flying around are utter rubbish from some remain folks who can't take what has happened.
Farrage said from day one he will leave, once we exit the EU. Borris is waiting for 2020, he's not stupid, which many people take him for.
yes 10 times the capital but since the brexit that is no longer in effect anymore they can inject as much as they want to stabile things. but when the public panic and with draw their money then the banks go opps and run to the boe asking for tens of billions. oh and the 250 billion is from our cash reserves.
banks will say anything to stabilise the markets and keep everyone calm.
oh an bojo for 2020.......... really.... did he tell you that? or did a fortune teller from blackpool pleasure bech tell you.

that post was rude and it infuriates me when people buy the cr@p the big wigs say. in 2 years max were all going into a recession

looks like the germans are in the know
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016...ws-60-chance-of-recession-deutsche-bank-says/

i would bet you £1 million that if we had the chance to re vote that there would be an overwhelming amount of those wanting to remain

Theresa May v Andrea Leadsom to be next prime minister
_90316748_mayleadsom.jpg

Theresa May and Andrea Leadsom will battle it out to become the next leader of the Conservative Party after Michael Gove was eliminated from the contest.

After the second MPs' ballot, Home Secretary Mrs May finished with 199 votes, Energy Minister Mrs Leadsom 84 and Mr Gove, the justice secretary, 46.

Conservative members will now decide the winning candidate, with the result due on 9 September.

The winner will become the UK's second female prime minister.

Which Bhuddi is right candidate for PM?
its theresa may shes near enough won.

yes 10 times the capital but since the brexit that is no longer in effect anymore they can inject as much as they want to stabile things. but when the public panic and with draw their money then the banks go opps and run to the boe asking for tens of billions. oh and the 250 billion is from our cash reserves.
banks will say anything to stabilise the markets and keep everyone calm.
oh an bojo for 2020.......... really.... did he tell you that? or did a fortune teller from blackpool pleasure bech tell you.

that post was rude and it infuriates me when people buy the cr@p the big wigs say. in 2 years max were all going into a recession

looks like the germans are in the know
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016...ws-60-chance-of-recession-deutsche-bank-says/

i would bet you £1 million that if we had the chance to re vote that there would be an overwhelming amount of those wanting to remain

its theresa may shes near enough won.

The public isn't going to panic, banks are prepared for far worse eventualities now and there will be no run. This just sounds like the endless prophecies of doom that we heard time and time again. None of which have come to pass.
It's an open secret within the conservatives that Johnson will run in 2020, plenty of papers reported the same.
You have no idea that we will go into recession and even if we do, we will pull out of it and emerge stronger.
As for the million pound bet, keep your money, I have't come across a single person who has said they will vote remain from Brexit, in actual fact I've met plenty of remain folks who said they would have voted out, had they known that many of the things predicted didn't happen, and I hope it stays that way.

The public isn't going to panic, banks are prepared for far worse eventualities now and there will be no run. This just sounds like the endless prophecies of doom that we heard time and time again. None of which have come to pass.
It's an open secret within the conservatives that Johnson will run in 2020, plenty of papers reported the same.
You have no idea that we will go into recession and even if we do, we will pull out of it and emerge stronger.
As for the million pound bet, keep your money, I have't come across a single person who has said they will vote remain from Brexit, in actual fact I've met plenty of remain folks who said they would have voted out, had they known that many of the things predicted didn't happen, and I hope it stays that way.
well lets agree to disagree
on a lighter note the f35 from the raf will be at farnbrough next week

well lets agree to disagree
on a lighter note the f35 from the raf will be at farnbrough next week

Lol people still go to Farnborough? It's more commercial than anything now.
It's a bump, rip-off and has far less than RIAT. I'll be there tomorrow and put up a thread later.

I was rather occupied and missed out on the Brexit fun. However the first thing I did once I heard UK was "out" was to buy two Union Jacks for my car. It was great day for the world and a even greater day for Britain. Stand and salute time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom