What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

R.I.P

He tried to get out of population area to avoid civilian causalities and gave his own life. Really was a hero.

Paf's Uav Crash near sergodha

7-13-2010_113174_1.gif

source http://geo.tv/7-13-2010/u113174.htm

Last edited:
One killed, 12 hurt as Indian MiG crashes in village

One killed, 12 hurt as Indian MiG crashes in village
Saturday, 24 Jul, 2010 2:30 pm
KOLKATA : A farmer died and at least 12 other people were injured on Saturday when a Soviet-era MiG-27 Indian war plane crashed into a village in eastern India, police said.

The pilot ejected before the crash in Moinagudi village, some 600 kilometres (370 miles) north of the West Bengal state capital Kolkata, Indian Air Force spokesman Rajib Sahoo told AFP.

"The MiG-27 was on a routine sortie when it crashed into the village killing one person and injuring 12 others on the ground," the official said.

Police inspector-general Ranveer Kumar said the farmer was tilling his land when he was struck by the fighter jet which killed him instantly.

Sahoo blamed the crash -- the second involving an Indian MiG-27 since February 16 -- on an unspecified technical fault.

India grounded its fleet of single-seater Mig-25s, bought from the then Soviet Union in the 1980s, after the last crash.

But the military brought them back into operation in June after the aircraft were deemed to be "airworthy."

India hopes to replace its ageing fleet of Soviet-era fighter jets with 123 new military aircraft as part of a 12-billion-dollar purchase project.
Copyright AFP (Agence France-Presse), 2010

Do most of you NOT read the title of a thread properly before posting?? :blink:

isuggest u to make another thread "notify international aircraft crashes"

Well, generally it would be irrelevant to Pakistan, Otherwise we could keep posting stuff we get from AR's in AFM.
So to me its fairly useless.
Doesn't concern me that much if an ultralight of the Ecuadorian Air force goes down.
However.. Ill pass on the idea..

Sorry guys instead of opening a thread I'll post here.

An airplane (suspected large plane) crashed coming from Karachi to Islamabad, News says hitting Margilla Hills. Stay tuned.

Updated at: 1004 PST, Wednesday, July 28, 2010
ISLAMABAD: A mini-plane is reported to have been crashed into Margala Hills near Pakistani capital Islamabad on Wednesday morning, Geo news reported.

The authorities are still trying to determine the exact location of the crash site while it has also been feared that the plane was flying from Turkey.

Meanwhile, the plane crashed behind the mountainous range, Margalla Hills, behind Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad.

Updates...

Its not a small plane. It is a passenger plane, 152 people were on board.

Back
Top Bottom