What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

you need to find an un-tetherable balance between flight safety/protecting the valuable assets (pilots, aircrafts) with cost-effectiveness and remaining within a contrained budget

in theory, you could install ejection seats (not sure if its ever been done on such an aircraft). It has a large enough canopy to enable it; but there would have to be some major modifications.

Quite frankly, I think its due for some face-lifting and modernizations; albeit its just a trainer

High cost E seats are never put into low tech aircraft like Cessna, or Mushak. These are piston engine powered aircraft, and all such categories of planes are designed to glide safely to some distance and may make a perfect landing with power off, if suitably handled by pilot.
I remember about 4-5 years back, i read in a newspaper that Mushak planes are commercially offered by Aeronautical complex at a price of Rs 6 Million. I think a single MB seat must cost close to 1 M $ (8 crore rs). the cockpit of Mushak is small, and 2 seats cannot be accommodated side by side. besides it will considerably increase the weight of aircraft which a 200 horsepower engine cannot lift.

First of all, a pilots life is much expensive compared to a 1M $ seat. Hope you know how much it costs to train a pilot and the pilots own life linked to its family is separate to that.

If they can't procure MB seats, alternatives are there. There are now Chinese variants also, they can be tested as China itself is using them in their jets, atleast it will increase the chances of saving a pilots life.

In last few years, we have lost more then 4-5 pilots alone to Mushak crashes.

MIG-27 crashes in WB
BY : centralchronicle
A MiG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in a tea garden near New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal on Friday but the pilot managed to eject safely.
idrw.org

ops.

RIP to the plane.

When did these Mig-27 got clearance??? I think so still a number of Mig-27 in IAF are grounded for inspection!!

I was also under impression they were grounded until further notice, given the spate of crashes they have been undergoing in iaf

ops.

RIP to the plane.

When did these Mig-27 got clearance??? I think so still a number of Mig-27 in IAF are grounded for inspection!!
Abu Zolfiqar said:
I was also under impression they were grounded until further notice, given the spate of crashes they have been undergoing in iaf

MIG-27s supposedly have gone through a recent upgrade, i knew the MIG-23MF were grounded and in the process of being phased out.
However, i did read somewhere that the IAF strives to log flying hours to prove it's preparedness........ with whatever that's available.

i wonder which squadrons are based in West Bengal

i feel that almost every Mig crash the indians suffer from takes place over there

what's going on?

have u seen the flight safety record of those V-22s since their induction?

I'm surprised they fly those in Afghanistan

have u seen the flight safety record of those V-22s since their induction?

I'm surprised they fly those in Afghanistan

i kno their flight record is bad...very bad...

and marines wanted to use it in afghanistan....i think.

I''ll be very honest with you. The idea of the V-22 osprey is clever -especially for an entity like US Marines which requires a mix of medium/long transport roles while also having ability to land vertically in unstable environment; It has pretty decent range, top speed and carrying capacity but the track record leaves question marks (especially if you look at the nature of the accidents ---all which resulted in sizeable personnel casualties)

I had NO idea these aircrafts were active in Afghanistan; I was under impression americans use those chinooks for heavy cargo/troops transport.

i havent even flown this aircraft, and it still scares the hell out of me just looking at it :D

p.s. MV-22 is used for naval role. I think as a naval recce aircraft this platform would make a huge amount of sense --provided that all shortfalls and security concerns are addressed

Last edited by a moderator:
like i said, it's a bit of a shame.

the idea is fantastic, project execution didnt go so well......nor did pilot training/experience I suppose.

seems to be a perfect aircraft for naval patrol/logistics, given the tilt rotor design. But $70 million a pop makes it quite cost prohibitive for most countries

like i said, it's a bit of a shame.

the idea is fantastic, project execution didnt go so well......nor did pilot training/experience I suppose.

seems to be a perfect aircraft for naval patrol/logistics, given the tilt rotor design. But $70 million a pop makes it quite cost prohibitive for most countries

yup, well i guess they r probably gonna ground the whole fleet for now.....or maybe for forever!

People, remember this is a revival of a 70s project, after initially being shelved, the US Marines saw a potential for the platform, but so far it's only proved to be a lost cause.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom