What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

They are not open but doesn't mean there is no way in at all.....DSI have a little bump by which the RCS is reduced .... Its not that they have put some hard metal in front of it to stop anything to come in...

I said the chances are less compared to other fighters.

Yes! birds can be found at any height ranging to 30,000fts...the pilots needs to be very careful and ready for their protection all the time...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Thats great thinking and observation. Lets hope it was a bird strike that caused the crash and not a tech problem or else the project in the end would be criticized by some people.
There is no question of tech problem. If it was then we wouldn't have seen Thunderz performing so well in the airshows and defending our skies so skillfully....:smokin:

JFT inlets are not open as other jets, less chance for bird hitting the engines
Yes! we can also think about the act of terrorism on our aircraft. maybe somebody/terrorist shot it down if it was flying low by any gun or lasers etc...cuz we got so many terrorists entered within our country from outside......I guess we shold consider that too. Cuz our Army is at war with these evil pplz...Sometimes ago somebody tried to use lasers on our PIA airliners too....:smokin:

JFT inlets are not open as other jets, less chance for bird hitting the engines

Do u have a blower at ur home? Try a simple test, pick a small thing or make a small ball of scrap paper. now turn it on, release/drop the ball from a height that it crosses the blower inlet closely and see the magic.
Then see this video

Now think rationally, not in trolling way. The man sucked into a A-6 intake which is powered by a turbojet not turbofan engine. He was Aprox 70-80 kg guy that sucked in just because he let his head near to intake and you are arguing on a bird.
JF-17 inlets are wide enough to house a person easily at one side. I have seen US Navy ground crew sliding into the intake of F/A-18 to clear it before flight, have u ever seen F-18s old intake. I prefer you to see them again. Jf-17 intakes are just a lil small in size then F-18 intake.
Now for the bird, if any bird come in the direction of aircraft, no matter it is flying a few meters away, it will be sucked into the jet just like the paper ball that will be sucked up into your blower after the fall. Even a small sparrow can destroy a jet engine to some extent.
We have seen wire gauze like structure in Mig-35 intake to avoid such things but Jf-17 does not house anything like that.
Still it is not confirmed that the bird-hit was the cause of crash but the rate of probability is high.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Is birdhit as official release? I have just heard this on forums...i believe report isnt made yet.

Suspected.. thats all you get from most in the profession.
Till they cart off the wreckage to a place for a through examination(look for signs of a strike).
And possibly recover the recorder from the seat.. cant be sure.

Suspected.. thats all you get from most in the profession.
Till they cart off the wreckage to a place for a through examination(look for signs of a strike).
And possibly recover the recorder from the seat.. cant be sure.

if its a bird strike than

plan did not went down in a second . . . .

there should have to be some kind of communication between controller and the pilot
and there should not be any kind of ambiguity to that . . .

i suspect its some thing else . . .

there should have to be some kind of communication between controller and the pilot

At low alt, which is what is being suspected. a bird getting sucked into the engine can be lethal.
The pilot was flying over a civilian area, so he gains a little altitude and gets the best range out of that situation to get the stricken aircraft out of potential collateral damage. He is communicating.. so the ATC's log would be handy in the investigation.
A few seconds after the mishap.. the aircraft has become uncontrollable and is about to hit the ground, the pilot ejects at what is fairly low alt.. but the seat get him out of the situation. However his chute does not deploy and he does not survive.
The jet goes on at its speed for a mile or two and crashes inverted.

The only possible explanation for this is a catastrophic engine failure that made the aircraft unflyable.
Or the computer systems on board suffered massive failure and then the hydraulics too failed
This is VERY VERY unlikely.
The only thing that makes sense is an outside variable caused the failure.

Anyway, the investigation is probably ongoing and the results will come in. They'll probably be released to AFM.. so you'll find out then.

Until that report comes in, to all and sundry.. the JF is still an extremely reliable piece of equipment that has not suffered a single failure(even a minor one) until this incident.
That speaks volumes.

According to my sources, Sqn Ldr Hussain informed the ATC about bird strike and as soon as telling about failure to manage controls, he ejected.
At low alt, which is what is being suspected. a bird getting sucked into the engine can be lethal.
The pilot was flying over a civilian area, so he gains a little altitude and gets the best range out of that situation to get the stricken aircraft out of potential collateral damage. He is communicating.. so the ATC's log would be handy in the investigation.
A few seconds after the mishap.. the aircraft has become uncontrollable and is about to hit the ground, the pilot ejects at what is fairly low alt.. but the seat get him out of the situation. However his chute does not deploy and he does not survive.
The jet goes on at its speed for a mile or two and crashes inverted.

The only possible explanation for this is a catastrophic engine failure that made the aircraft unflyable.
Or the computer systems on board suffered massive failure and then the hydraulics too failed
This is VERY VERY unlikely.
The only thing that makes sense is an outside variable caused the failure.

Anyway, the investigation is probably ongoing and the results will come in. They'll probably be released to AFM.. so you'll find out then.

Until that report comes in, to all and sundry.. the JF is still an extremely reliable piece of equipment that has not suffered a single failure(even a minor one) until this incident.
That speaks volumes.

True that. The only possible ways for chutes not getting deployed are:

1) The altitude and angel of ejection was low. This means their wasn't enough air pressure against the pilot acting against gravity which would force the chutes to get deployed.

2) Some neglection by airmen.

Though the second has chances of possibility of below 10%, the angel and attitude of ejection is safe to blame.

According to my sources, Sqn Ldr Hussain informed the ATC about bird strike and as soon as telling about failure to manage controls, he ejected.

True that. The only possible ways for chutes not getting deployed are:

1) The altitude and angel of ejection was low. This means their wasn't enough air pressure against the pilot acting against gravity which would force the chutes to get deployed.

2) Some neglection by airmen.

Though the second has chances of possibility of below 10%, the angel and attitude of ejection is safe to blame.

The PK16 is a variant of the seat on the F-35.. it is designed for escape from zero-zero situations.. at most angles and G loads.
However, it is possible that the aircraft was ALREADY inverted before the ejection.. and that after trying to point the jet away from collateral damage he wasted too much altitude for a safe ejection.

I would urge all to resist speculation and wait for the official accident report.

The PK16 is a variant of the seat on the F-35.. it is designed for escape from zero-zero situations.. at most angles and G loads.
However, it is possible that the aircraft was ALREADY inverted before the ejection.. and that after trying to point the jet away from collateral damage he wasted too much altitude for a safe ejection.

The body was found two kilometers away from the crash site.Also keep in mind that the plane crashed on the mountain and not on the ground. How can one believe that the height would not be adequate enough to eject from the plane.

the question is still there. Howcome the aircraft was in inverted position over the civil area and at low altitude???
when he tried to do ejection. Our pilot didn't know that the parachute won't open while jumping out from inverted aircraft??? our pilot can't be so dumb....:smokin:

the question is still there. Howcome the aircraft was in inverted position over the civil area and at low altitude???
when he tried to do ejection. Our pilot didn't know that the parachute won't open while jumping out from inverted aircraft??? our pilot can't be so dumb....:smokin:

Sir,

This is being silly, ----he took the plane away from the populated area and took his only chance that he had---to eject from the inverted plane---he knew he was a goner but at least he tried---maybe by a freak chance he could survive----. You know miracles do happen---this time it didnot----so must he be blamed----. I would----that he would have rather bailed out earlier when he had the oppurtunity---bu then these pilots---you can't tell them what to do under these circumstances---.

Back
Top Bottom