What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Very sad news. RIP warriors. Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajioun.

There are unconfirmed reports that the helicopter was targeted by M23 group during its attacks on Congolese army. If the reports are true, then whoever targeted UN Peacekeepers must pay a very steep price.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am sorry to spam different threads. I didn't mean to do so. I was not fully aware of the rules here. I will avoid it in the future.

Yes I know that results of such investigations are usually not made public. And I already know that PAF will never release such reports to public or even relatives as it is seen as defaming for them. Probably that was one reason I got even more curious to find the cause of it from other people as I knew PAF is not going to tell me anyway.

It is possible that it is a combination of pilot error (non-compliance with the aerobatics rules) and maintenance lapses. Maybe it was just a game of luck and no maintenance lapse is involved at all. But a mechanical failure was indeed involved in it. And a control failure did happen. And that was the only part I was trying to know during my whole search endeavour.

I am not expecting any further details about it from the authorities anyway. I was just going out-of-the way to share the video with the investigating bodies for helping them. As this specific crash video is not viral on social media yet.

Thanks again for your time. JAZAKALLAH KHAIR.
It is certain that IF a maintenance lapse is confirmed the people involved will be reprimanded severely or their careers might be in jeopardy. Generally in Pakistan because pilots are officers and maintenance people ratings the officers are able to take the maintenance people to task more than each other.
However, it will likely come down to inspection hours and how it was carried out along with the pilot’s actions as well.

Either way, the pilot’s time was written.. many years ago a P-3C went down due to engine failure even though it has 4 of them - due to the nature of their flying they have to go as low as 100ft and losing an engine causes sudden altitude loss where a 100ft goes in less than a second.

Even now a Pakistan Army helicopter went down due to fire and 6 Pakistanis were lost that have people who hold them dear as well. Investigation will be carried out there and perhaps the families will know or maybe they will not - the best we can do is pray for them.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am sorry to spam different threads. I didn't mean to do so. I was not fully aware of the rules here. I will avoid it in the future.

Yes I know that results of such investigations are usually not made public. And I already know that PAF will never release such reports to public or even relatives as it is seen as defaming for them. Probably that was one reason I got even more curious to find the cause of it from other people as I knew PAF is not going to tell me anyway.

It is possible that it is a combination of pilot error (non-compliance with the aerobatics rules) and maintenance lapses. Maybe it was just a game of luck and no maintenance lapse is involved at all. But a mechanical failure was indeed involved in it. And a control failure did happen. And that was the only part I was trying to know during my whole search endeavour.

I am not expecting any further details about it from the authorities anyway. I was just going out-of-the way to share the video with the investigating bodies for helping them. As this specific crash video is not viral on social media yet.

Thanks again for your time. JAZAKALLAH KHAIR.

sorry to hear about your loss, you can try to get in touch with this person : https://www.youtube.com/c/CWLemoine/about and see if goes through your video, he is ex Viper pilot and he runs a very knowledgeable channel

Early reports coming out that a #PakistanAirForce F-7P aircraft crashed near Mianwali while on training sortie. The Pilot ejected safely with no loss of life or property on ground.

FB_IMG_1653461230059.jpg

I remember in a live firing exercise a few years ago, one of the BAF F-7BGs had its rocket pod explode (probably one of the rockets inside exploded in situ with the combustibles because it could not leave the chamber), the resulting impact took out one wing, unbalanced it and the aircraft went out of control - and corkscrewed into the ground in less than a second. Pilot could not react fast enough or pull up.

Some stuff in an F-7 will always be questionable in quality and it's not the fault of the Chinese. Just older unreliable technology lacking modern safety in design. It is what it is.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom