What's new

Non-defence doubts thread

According to Indian law, climbing any peak or trekking in high altitudes without prior permission is an offence, punishable under Indian Penal Code. Though you can apply for it here if you want -

Indian Mountaineering Foundation > Home
Oh! I am a regular citizen!!:-)
I was just reading about Indian citizenship, then came across this piece, I was actually wondering why is it prohibited? Any security reasons? Or something else.
Is it prohibited for every citizen or just them? (Googling now)

Oh! I am a regular citizen!!:-)
I was just reading about Indian citizenship, then came across this piece, I was actually wondering why is it prohibited? Any security reasons? Or something else.

Nothing much serious - the original Indian Penal Code was drafted way back in 1860 by the British Government - and as a result of the government's negligence there are hundreds of outdated and archaic laws still existing which may have lost their relevance but are clogging the statute books. Thanks to the Modi Administration that they have started cleaning it up -
Union Cabinet nod to repeal over 700 archaic laws | The Indian Express

Maybe this one is also one of them - though there are some legitimate concerns as well and therefore those apply to the ordinary citizens as well - you will have to register at the apex body for mountaineering in India that is the Indian Mountaineering Foundation no matter you'r an Indian citizen or NRI or PIO or a foreigner - and fulfill it's rules and regulations if you wanna enjoy the sport!

Back
Top Bottom