What's new

No women or dogs allowed in library: Aligarh Muslim University

Status
Not open for further replies.
what.. which ones??

In Christianity we light lamps in the evening.. Some of the Christian women wear Sindhur on their forehead.. Women give priority to Mangalsuthra than wedding ring in India.. Even some of the woman in Islam use mangalsuthra and also wear nose ring to show they are married. There was a thread in this forum about Islam in subcontinent is more similar to Hinduism than Arab.. You can check it out if you find it.. Its very informative.. There are plenty of other practices too which we copied from Hinduism..

from what i know from my only visit to a church many years back, the sunday sermon begins at 9:00 am, yes??
I've no idea about the timings! But ask me about the dames out there and....:smitten:

swayamwar i know of only from mahabharat... i don't know of any historical time when this happened... the vedas and "laws of manu" essentially says that a lady is first in custody of her father or brother, and after marriage ( single ) she goes into custody of her husband... i had a long argument with indrani about this, months ago... so, swayamwar is not hinduism but practices within hindu royalty.

This is in there in ramanaya also , and thing is that with the passage of time many liberal customs vanished , and bigotry started to flourish in our society such as Harding of caste system , introduction of sati , and many more

In Christianity we light lamps in the evening.. Some of the Christian women wear Sindhur on their forehead.. Women give priority to Mangalsuthra than wedding ring in India.. Even some of the woman in Islam use mangalsuthra and also wear nose ring to show they are married. There was a thread in this forum about Islam in subcontinent is more similar to Hinduism than Arab.. You can check it out if you find it.. Its very informative.. There are plenty of other practices too which we copied from Hinduism..

those are cultural practices... there is nothing in islam to visually identify a married lady... and nose rings have been used everywhere for thousands of years... and lighting the lamp by christians in india amounts to idolatry, which is not the intention i think of christianity... same would be the case for christian ladies wearing sindoor.

but yes... many muslims ( like mujhaidind ) have adopted hindu practices, like segregation of the sexes and forced marriages and dowry and so on.

Lets see, we are becoming an intolerant society. A simple respect to other religions become so hard for us.. Christian evangelical societies openly abusing Hinduism, Muslims throwing stones at holy possessions by Hindus and Christian nuns were raped by members of Hindu organisations. I will tell you a story which I read from the local new paper.. A hindu guy married a muslim woman.. Obviously gals community up in arms against it.. They had to run away.. Only the guys family supported it.. Hindu organisations said they will support this marriage and them if girl converted to Hinduism.. Guys family opposed it because they were both teachers and respect other religions too.. So they were also after this guy and his family. Daily stones were thrown to his house by both parties.. He is now planning to leave the place.. Why cant any one talk against these kind of actions.. Every other organisations is busy morale policing public about how to sit and stand but they do not care about people who are hungry and lack shelters.. Government, instead of taking action against these watch silently because, they are afraid of vote banks. I can show you plenty of examples like this..
Yes this problem suddenly appeared after may 16 :rofl:
Till may 16 it was not there

I've no idea about the timings! But ask me about the dames out there and....:smitten:

well, i am wooing a catholic dame... you gave me a fantastic idea... i will find out which church she goes on sundays... :D

Why you care about what happening anywhere in the world. Just tell me what is the benefiting of making India a Hindu rashtra? What is the benefit of it to people of India?? Just because we belong to another religion does not makes us less Indian or supporter of any other country.. We were born and bought up here..
Hindus are the reason minorities are not being burned alive in Brick Furnaces and that reason needs to be protected.

those are cultural practices... there is nothing in islam to visually identify a married lady... and nose rings have been used everywhere for thousands of years... and lighting the lamp by christians in india amounts to idolatry, which is not the intention i think of christianity... same would be the case for christian ladies wearing sindoor.

but yes... many muslims ( like mujhaidind ) have adopted hindu practices, like segregation of the sexes and forced marriages and dowry and so on.

Well Hinduism can be of cultural and religious.. Do you know that even Christians and Islams look for good timings and rahu kalam and also there are many who believes in vasthu shastra also..

Hindus are the reason minorities are not being burned alive in Brick Furnaces and that reason needs to be protected.

There are plenty of instances where Hindu groups burn alive people too..

well, i am wooing a catholic dame... you gave me a fantastic idea... i will find out which church she goes on sundays... :D
Thum log ithne desperate ho gaye ho kya? Ladkio ke bina khana hazm nahi hotha? :hitwall: :angry: :pissed::lol:

So when are they having a kiss of love in AMU?

don't be silly... there is no huma qureshi to be found nowadays in amu... nor is amu in syria... do you think the burqas there will even send a flying kiss??

There are plenty of instances where Hindu groups burn alive people too..
Not unless we are attacked.
And as far as the "patriotism" of christian churches is concerned , it was unraveled in the Kondankulam Protests controversy .

Thum log ithne desperate ho gaye ho kya? Ladkio ke bina khana hazm nahi hotha? :hitwall: :angry: :pissed::lol:

who?? me and pulsar??

Well Hinduism can be of cultural and religious.. Do you know that even Christians and Islams look for good timings and rahu kalam and also there are many who believes in vasthu shastra also..

well, i have myself been asked about "qibla" by someone who wanted to lease my house... qibla is the direction of kaaba... it seems very important to many modern indian "muslims"... it is like saying prayers in mosques very loudly or getting that ugly dot on the forehead that comes from banging forehead on the mosque floor during five times prayer... islam in india nowadays for many is about being seen "muslim"... and not about being one.

@Pulsar

do you attend churches?? if so, are you in bangalore?? if so, which are the churches near christ college and in koramangala??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom