What's new

The destruction of Persian Library in Ctesiphon by Arab Forces

Muhammad Saftain Anjum

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was listening to Faisal Warraich's vlog
where I learned that when Arab Forces entered the Lands of Persian Dynasty,They came by a big Library in Ctesiphon.
Arab Forces were clueless what to do of this library.Caliph Hazrat Umar (R.A) told them to destroy that library.
Screenshot_20231114_003632~2.jpg

I think that was not a good move.That library was built by hardwork of many generations of Peraians.
Some of the books here were written by the engineers who built Taq e Kasra which is a symbol of greatness of Persian Architecture.The books were collected from the scholars across the world.
Taq-Kasra.jpg

Should have just spared that Library.
What i learnt from this historical event is that Sometimes too much superiority complex can lead to wrong doings.

No wonder ,Mongols destroyed the Arabian Litrature/Technological centre,Baghdad.You reap what you sow

lot of our libraries, centers of education, cities were destroyed too - but not an muslim/arab specific thing though
similar things happened in Egypt too, Greeks/Byzantine, Armenians, Mongols in China, Baghdad - all old civilizations experienced such traumatic events throughout their history especially in Europe and ME

Last edited:
lot of our libraries, center of educations, cities were destroyed too - but not an muslim/arab specific thing though
similar things happened in Egypt too, Greeks/Byzantine, Armenians - all old civilizations experienced such traumatic events throughout their history especially in Europe and ME
When fanatics take over...you can see what happens.

lot of our libraries, center of educations, cities were destroyed too - but not an muslim/arab specific thing though
similar things happened in Egypt too, Greeks/Byzantine, Armenians - all old civilizations experienced such traumatic events throughout their history especially in Europe and ME
The common mistake almost every civilization did was to put too much money on architecture should have spent that money on the innovation of weapons.
When fanatics take over...you can see what happens.
The early Arab Muslims had never seen the technology progress of this magnitude at heir own homeland.
So their World view was very limited.Though when they came out of their shell and conquered advanced civilizations,they adapted rather quickly to the realms of new world and actually absorbed the knowledge.

where I learned that when Arab Forces entered the Lands of Persian Dynasty,They came by a big Library in Ctesiphon.
Arab Forces were clueless what to do of this library.Caliph Hazrat Umar (R.A) told them to destroy that library.View attachment 1012222
I think that was not a good move.That library was built by hardwork of many generations of Peraians.
Some of the books here were written by the engineers who built Taq e Kasra which is a symbol of greatness of Persian Architecture.The books were collected from the scholars across the world.
View attachment 1012264
What i learnt from this historical event is that Sometimes too much superiority complex can lead to wrong doings.

No wonder ,Mongols destroyed the Arabian Litrature/Technological centre,Baghdad.You reap what you sow
Nonsense, it was mostly useless poetry and praises for false gods, stories about their kings, more stories about the same kings, more made up stories and mostly p0rno novels.

They did not have a sigle star chart or a map of the world.

What is your source for this?
No history book has reported this.
There was a library in Tisophon, but it was never set on fire and taken as booty by Arabs.

What is your source for this?
No history book has reported this.
There was a library in Tisophon, but it was never set on fire and taken as booty by Arabs.
It is commonly known.

It was mostly poems and praises of Kings because all the resources belonged to the Kings.

The Chinese had a larger collection of written works detailing plants and their usages, medicines etc. But those too were mostly used to keep records of crops, events and philosophies.

There are legends that ancient Chinese medicine practitioners had discovered 70+ different and various ways of checking a patient's pulse.

It is commonly known.

It was mostly poems and praises of Kings because all the resources belonged to the Kings.

The Chinese had a larger collection of written works detailing plants and their usages, medicines etc. But those too were mostly used to keep records of crops, events and philosophies.

There are legends that ancient Chinese medicine practitioners had discovered 70+ different and various ways of checking a patient's pulse.
No its a lie.

Nope. Islam respect knowledge. From Persian libraries and scholars I believe the Muslim golden age is started. Arab from Mecca and Madinah dont have that thing, they are also not occupied by Rome. If they destroyed those libraries you would not see Muslim schoolar like Ibnu Rusdy and others that is later taken by Western world and started their renaissance

Just dont believe so easily when you hear someone saying this and that in YT without proof

Due to the earlier Muslim respect on knowledge then humanity can witnessing Islamic Golden Age that is acknowledged by even Westerners.

Last edited:
No its a lie.
The Chinese used matrix methods to keep track of crops and production. First known recorded use of matrices was in China. The modern math textbooks give credit to Gauss but also mention Chinese contribution and use of matrices.

There was nothing but p0rn novels and stories in the so called Persian library.

The Arabs had their linguistics and poetry, the Persians had their stories amd p0rn novels.

Nope. Islam respect knowledge. From Persian libraries and scholars I believe the Muslim golden age is started. Arab from Mecca and Madinah dont have that thing, they are also not occupied by Rome. If they destroyed those libraries you would not see Muslim schoolar like Ibnu Rusdy and others that is later taken by Western world and started their renaissance

Just dont believe so easily when you hear someone saying this and that in YT without proof

Due to the earlier Muslim respect on knowledge then humanity can witnessing Muslim Golden Age that is acknowledged by even Westerners.

These Youtubers are a scourge. They will say anything and everything to get views and clicks. And if somehow they can give Islam a negative rating then it is the cherry on top.

There is no such thing as Persian medicine. The Persians did not study the nature like for example the Chinese.

Chinese had various ways of checking one's pulse, devised and innovated martial arts, studied the skies and the plants.

Last edited:
China also invented the gun powder, the paper and the compass.

The compass is THE MOST important invention and the MOST important technological achievement of mankind.

In Star Trek terminology, the invention of the compass is like the invention of the warp engine.

Without that level, a civilization is not even worth a "Hi"!!

The Chinese used matrix methods to keep track of crops and production. First known recorded use of matrices was in China. The modern math textbooks give credit to Gauss but also mention Chinese contribution and use of matrices.

There was nothing but p0rn novels and stories in the so called Persian library.

The Arabs had their linguistics and poetry, the Persians had their stories amd p0rn novels.

These Youtubers are a scourge. They will say anything and everything to get views and clicks. And if somehow they can give Islam a negative rating then it is the cherry on top.

There is no such thing as Persian medicine. The Persians did not study the nature like for example the Chinese.

Chinese had various ways of checking one's pulse, devised and innovated martial arts, studied the skies and the plants.
It is a very stupid comment.
Your IQ level is interesting.

It is also said in historical books that there were some important books in the library of Tisphon:
A book in which the faces of the Sassanid kings were painted, the book of Mani,Avesta, the book about the Persian calendar and the rest of the books.

In terms of science, Iranians were always superior to Arabs.Before Islam, the Arabs were backward savages, during the golden age of Islam, most of the scientists were Iranian. Even now, Iranians are superior to Arabs in terms of science

A
Arab Forces were clueless what to do of this library.Caliph Hazrat Umar (R.A) told them to destroy that library.View attachment 1012222
View attachment 1012264

Arab armies or Muslim armies? Do not be smart and start using Arab as a euphemism for Muslims.

Are you now disparaging the second caliph of Islam Umar ibn al-Khattab? If you are a Muslim, then Umar ibn al-Khattab’s (RA) decision should satisfy you. If he deemed those books to be destroyed, then we should not question him.

It is also said in historical books that there were some important books in the library of Tisphon:
A book in which the faces of the Sassanid kings were painted, the book of Mani, the book about the Persian calendar and the rest of the books.

In terms of science, Iranians were always superior to Arabs.Before Islam, the Arabs were backward savages, during the golden age of Islam, most of the scientists were Iranian. Even now, Iranians are superior to Arabs in terms of science
Modern math textbooks cite Chinese use of matrices.

There is not a single valid textbook that mentions anything of worth from Persia.

Not a single map, nor a single star chart was concepualised by the Persians.

They mostly wrote poems or p0rn novels in praises of their kings.

Almost every civilization or people have had a library. Some wrote it down, some were oratory. But none came close to China or the builders of the pyramids.

A building full of p0rn novels is not "really" a library. A library implies a cross-subject collection.

A book in which the faces of the Sassanid kings were painted, the book of Mani,Avesta, the book about the Persian calendar and the rest of the books.

Exactly, they wrote praises of their kings, and some p0rn. Nothing else.

A

Arab armies or Muslim armies? Do not be smart and start using Arab as a euphemism for Muslims.

Are you now disparaging the second caliph of Islam Umar ibn al-Khattab? If you are a Muslim, then Umar ibn al-Khattab’s (RA) decision should satisfy you. If he deemed those books to be destroyed, then we should not question him.
They weren't really books as in a modern book. But were just collections of poems for their kings and p0rnographic stories.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom