What's new

No PayPal in Pakistan but Available in Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Brunei and India !!!

There was another thread of paypal in pakistan. One thing i dont understand is why its such a big deal?
How do u guys make payments electronically currently? Here we can use debit/credit cards, wallets like Paytm google pay or pay directly from our bank accounts without having to use cards using Unified Payment Interface (every bank account supports it, u just have to register). And if i am making payment directly at the store i dont even have to use card as i have it stored in samsung pay, so just tap my phone at the terminal whether its new nfc machine or old magnetic. for security, it asks for my pin and fingerprint everytime i make a payment.
Each bank account holder can avail these facilities.
And they are all secure as well, either thru ur PIN, Password, OTP or 3d secure pin if u have it.
So we can pay for all our utilities online.
We have PayPal but i have never used it, never needed it, nobody i know uses it and this is when so many of cousins work in banks like AmEx, Barclays and Bank of America.
Whats the system in pakistan?
Looking forward to this discussion coz i really dont understand this obsession with PayPal.

No PayPal in Turkey either.

Banking system in Pakistan is good and secure enough if you have used one for transaction you will come to know that it's much safer.

Everything they done for transaction is using your own sim mobile for verification. Pin code send to your mobile and until you have those pin code for transaction you can't make the transaction. So what else you are looking for cyber payment method for secure method?.

It's more to do with US Govt then PayPal itself as you can see much less develop country has paypal and Pakistan hasn't.

If PayPal every come to Pakistan it will be next thing like CPEC and US knows that.

For someone who’s lived abroad in the UK, banking in Pakistan seems like you’v returned to the stone ages. Yes...they’r trying to update it but It’l take time

And then Slowly slowly then you become accustomed to it

There was another thread of paypal in pakistan. One thing i dont understand is why its such a big deal?
How do u guys make payments electronically currently? Here we can use debit/credit cards, wallets like Paytm google pay or pay directly from our bank accounts without having to use cards using Unified Payment Interface (every bank account supports it, u just have to register). And if i am making payment directly at the store i dont even have to use card as i have it stored in samsung pay, so just tap my phone at the terminal whether its new nfc machine or old magnetic. for security, it asks for my pin and fingerprint everytime i make a payment.
Each bank account holder can avail these facilities.
And they are all secure as well, either thru ur PIN, Password, OTP or 3d secure pin if u have it.
So we can pay for all our utilities online.
We have PayPal but i have never used it, never needed it, nobody i know uses it and this is when so many of cousins work in banks like AmEx, Barclays and Bank of America.
Whats the system in pakistan?
Looking forward to this discussion coz i really dont understand this obsession with PayPal.

1) Most of Pakistanis banks (not all) only support 3d secure credit card , not 3d secure debit card

{3D Secure > VBV/Verfied by Visa , Mast Scure code}

2) Non 3d secure cards, does not work on 3d secure sites for payment

3) Bitcoin is not legal in Pakistan (i think, not confirmed), bitcoin is very costly in Pakistan,
if you need to spend 25 dollars for any purchase, you need 6-7 dollar more (because bitcoin is costly, people charge extra here and you need 1-2 dollar while sending to merchants for bitcoin miners)

4) PayPal is more secure and good for purchaser/buyer, read #7 post on page 1,

pakistani banking sector is worse ever they are still living in 1970

Banking sector needs a major overhauling.
We need to standardized banking sector and create some kind of deposit insurance to bring customer confidence. Also, any bank not following standard procedures should be force to shutdown by government. If we have solid banking sector backed by latest technology, we can have paypal and many other things that are currently missing or difficult to do.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is an independent federal agency insuring deposits in U.S. banks and thrifts in the event of bank failures. The FDIC was created in 1933 to maintain public confidence and encourage stability in the financial system through the promotion of sound banking practices.

Last edited:
Why PayPal is that much important? We already face huge current account deficit, with PayPal every tom d!ck and harry will start spending ForEx on foreign products and services.

PayPal's worth is a huge support to Western Digital Economy.
If any competitor was to rise in competition, that too from other companies, like China.
Its gonna become a threat to the west. :P

I think Pakistan should make up a similar system of its own for the people and in support for PKR.

If any competitor was to rise in competition, that too from other companies, like China.

I think Pakistan should make up a similar system of its own for the people and in support for PKR.

It might work internally but it all depend on the system and how secure it is. No other country will use it unless it’s secure, approved and backed by banking sector.

Why PayPal is that much important? We already face huge current account deficit, with PayPal every tom d!ck and harry will start spending ForEx on foreign products and services.

Many people in Pakistan will be able do Business using PayPal. They can buy and sell stuff with PayPal, eBay, Amazon, Facebook and many other companies take PayPal.

Almost no one uses PayPal for domestic payments and PayPal support for international payments in India is limited to selected few banks.

i pay direct from my bank accounts via my VISA card

Pakistan Debit/Credit card mostly does not work on European, American sites, ex
Almost no one uses PayPal for domestic payments and PayPal support for international payments in India is limited to selected few banks.

Yes, In Pakistan CASH ON Delivery (COD) is available for shopping, for sending payments, JazzCash, EasyPaisa and Banks online payments available, but for International Payments PayPal is Best, as it is more secure for customers, and it has more benefits,

If your VISA Debit Card is not 3d Secure (VBV/Verified by Visa), it will not work on 3d Secure Sites,
In Pakistan only Faysal Bank and HBL offeres 3D Secure Debit Cards, And only Few Banks offer 3d Secure Credit Card, and not every one can afford Credit Cards...

3d Secure Cards:
Visa Card > VBV/Verified by Visa
Master Card > Master Secure Code

You have fully outdated info.

1. Paypal fully supports local payments ( Indian Paypal to Indian Paypal )
2. Paypal India supports All banks to recieve money
3. Paypal supports ALL Credit cards to send money
4. Paypal Supports almost 70% Bank Debit Cards to send payment.

The one and only limitation is ( that too due to lical RBI norms when RBI forced paypal to follow regulations) that all funds must be withdrawn to bank DAILY. This happens automatically.

Its Unsafe.

Pakistan Debit/Credit card mostly does not work on European, American sites, ex

Yes, In Pakistan CASH ON Delivery (COD) is available for shopping, for sending payments, JazzCash, EasyPaisa and Banks online payments available, but for International Payments PayPal is Best, as it is more secure for customers, and it has more benefits,

If your VISA Debit Card is not 3d Secure (VBV/Verified by Visa), it will not work on 3d Secure Sites,
In Pakistan only Faysal Bank and HBL offeres 3D Secure Debit Cards, And only Few Banks offer 3d Secure Credit Card, and not every one can afford Credit Cards...

3d Secure Cards:
Visa Card > VBV/Verified by Visa
Master Card > Master Secure Code

UBL Wiz, MCB Lite, and HBL Debit cards have worked best for me.

Lots of video game stores take it and lots of online stores take it.

I dont know what sites you're refering to, but if you're talking about shopping sites.
Then its on them to provide service outside of their service zone but they dont.
Why? Because its simple, They only cater to those inside the service zones and you arent able to purchase because your card address is not under their service.

Back
Top Bottom