What's new

NEXT STEPS FOR PAC AND THE JF-17 THUNDER

What about Kamara Aviation City, anyone?

Its an ambitious project that requires new infrastructure development, new academia establishment and modern tech put on their hands. Thats more of an R&D cum technology development city whose MS and PhDs would IN SHA ALLAH be spearheading the whole process. So it might take atleast 10-15 years that first batch of this city starts putting in their contributions.

even a country like Saudi Arabian has learnt its lesson that US is friends to none, Saudis used to import 95% of their weapons now they have set up a factory in Saudia in collaboration with South Africa to produce Artillery in Saudia,
We should also start producing most of our weapons indigenously !! make new partners spend more on R&D

think is differant from knowing and that radar is specifically for the gripen modifying it will be too expensive so the vixen series will suffice
One of the main advantages of Raven ES-05 is swash plates which is something Vixen doesn't have. Chinese AESA radars are cheaper than Vixen and they offer same/greater capabilities.

One of the main advantages of Raven ES-05 is swash plates which is something Vixen doesn't have. Chinese AESA radars are cheaper than Vixen and they offer same/greater capabilities.
the vixen 1000-e has that too, the radar is on a arm which can move
squared_medium_squared_original_Vixen1000e_AESA_exmod36_S.jpg

but the 500 is flat fitted
SG_Vixen500E_HR.jpg

but the raven includes an irst which i dont think @Quwa hasn't mentioned
getasset.aspx

SG_Vixen500E_HR.jpg

getasset.aspx
Yep the Raven and Vixen look very similar, it could just be that the Raven was re-branded for the NG. Spotting the Skyward IRST integration to the Raven was a great catch @Blue Marlin

Yep the Raven and Vixen look very similar, it could just be that the Raven was re-branded for the NG. Spotting the Skyward IRST integration to the Raven was a great catch @Blue Marlin
the skyward irst is smaller than the pirate irst on the eft and can be bundled to the vixen as they are seperate pieces of kit. but the vixen + the skyward irst are made to work to together.

Last edited:

SG_Vixen500E_HR.jpg

getasset.aspx

It seems like Pakistan is going to take full benefits from the Italians after the Indians got them blacklisted.
We are discussing of JF-17 block 3 but nothing much has been mentioned in regards to the JF-17 B. We know that it would be based on Block 2 specifications but for how long.

If PAF decided JF-17 B to be used as a dedicated LIFT & Tactical Strike platform then what could be see on this?

It seems like Pakistan is going to take full benefits from the Italians after the Indians got them blacklisted.
We are discussing of JF-17 block 3 but nothing much has been mentioned in regards to the JF-17 B. We know that it would be based on Block 2 specifications but for how long.

If PAF decided JF-17 B to be used as a dedicated LIFT & Tactical Strike platform then what could be see on this?
the jf-17b was made due to client demand i would assum they would induct about 4 squadrons i guess but i depends if it meets the lift requirements.

Have they started any work?
we have,,
at least we are talking about it in threads!!
:P

By "started aby work" if you mean now construction etc then no, there is nothing like that going on, not even on procurement level as yet. The idea was made public only in 2016 and i doubt there will be any funds allocated to it previously.
However considering the maintenance facilities for different planes, manufacturing plant for JF-17, test area etc already in place, i would say that some significant amount or infrastructure is already in place. However IF we actually do want to make something credible and reliable then there are still LOTS of things that need to be worked on and it will take years to complete IF we actually do go forward with this plan. I HOPE WE DO!

I think the first thing to do is to establish intellectual base, i.e, to have a world class university dedicated to R&D in the aviation and aeronautics fields. But when we look around, there are actually quite some institutions there already in this field. First and foremost is the IST (institute of space technology) but I think, that is SUPARCO specific. I have knowledge that Air University has dedicated group for R&D for Embedded Systems for aviation but don't know the details. May be an Air University campus in Kamra with enough funds and dedication can give a much needed initial kick. Also I see that our forces are reluctant to engage civilians compared to other forces in the world. May be that British Raj pride will take few more decades to fade away.
@Windjammer @MastanKhan

Much appreciated for your research guys .I have one question .Is Raven/Vixen Plug and play or you need structural modifications .

Much appreciated for your research guys .I have one question .Is Raven/Vixen Plug and play or you need structural modifications .
Depends on the fighter. All AESA radars need room to carry cooling equipment and a larger power supply, so if the fighter doesn't have the space already, some structural work will be necessary. As the PAF looks at its options, it will examine how well each vendor has managed in terms of efficiency (i.e. maximum possible output with minimum required power). The more efficient, the easier it will be to integrate onto the JF-17 platform.

I don't want to speculate or assume that the Leonardo Raven/Vixen is good on that front, nor do I want to suggest the Chinese aren't there. We'll have to wait and see.

Depends on the fighter. All AESA radars need room to carry cooling equipment and a larger power supply, so if the fighter doesn't have the space already, some structural work will be necessary. As the PAF looks at its options, it will examine how well each vendor has managed in terms of efficiency (i.e. maximum possible output with minimum required power). The more efficient, the easier it will be to integrate onto the JF-17 platform.

I don't want to speculate or assume that the Leonardo Raven/Vixen is good on that front, nor do I want to suggest the Chinese aren't there. We'll have to wait and see.
What is the progress on the Turkish Front regarding AESA for the F-16's?
PAF considering that for the JF-17 and F-16's?

Back
Top Bottom