What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

I'm not dicussing what China can't or cannot do by itself. Merelystating fact that MAN is doing business in China, and what business that is. Don't let your pride clutter your judgement.
Aliaselin, I've reread the entire thread. Probably I thought you were being sarcastic in #113 about post #112. With hindsight, your statement was actually supportive. Apologies!

Let aliaselin do his work..
I don't think I have in any way interfered with Aliaselin.

Available public sources indicate radar and electronic equipments on C28A will be western. Engines may well be MAN diesels. Many Chinese domestic and export warships - including Type 054/A - have diesels from non-chinese origin, or locally built licenced copies thereof. It would make sense to align weapons fit with MEKO A200, but the Algerian navy operates ships and systems from a variety of sources (Russia, China, Italy, Germany) so it would not be strange to find it isn't aligned. Also, elements of a Chinese weapons fit could match with some other systems already in service (e.g. Russian AK176mm cannon and Chinese AShM missile on Djebel Chenoua class FACs.)

Most recent official model; it shows only small difference to the CG. That guy must have some private information to do the CG
32269_343112_444121.jpg

It is hard to believe Algeria only bought simplified type 730 and HHQ-7 as SAM; however, this may be why it is a corvette but not a frigate.

Accurate parameter from CSTC delegate:
length: 120m, wideth: 14.4m, draught: 3.87m, loaded: 2880 ton.
armament:
- A single barreled 76mm main gun
- 8x C802A anti-ship missiles
- 1x FM90N launcher with 8x surface to air missiles
- 2x Type 730 CIWS located on top of the helicopter hangar
sonar from China, searching radar is SMART-S MK2, navigation radar is from Kelvin Hughes.

Other three built locally is on discussion for China and Algeria.

Last edited:
Type 730 CIWS
Most recent official model; it shows only small difference to the CG. That guy must have some private information to do the CG
View attachment 24608

It is hard to believe Algeria only bought simplified type 730 and HHQ-7 as SAM; however, this may be why it is a corvette but not a frigate.

There's your answer.
It's in effect a 'light frigate'.

China_State_Shipbuilding_Trading_Co_C28A_Corvette_Algeria_DSA_2014_news_2.jpg

CSTC Showcases the future Algerian Navy C28A Corvette and Thai Navy LPD models at DSA 2014

According to the CSTC representatives, the weapons fit will be of Chinese origin exclusivelyThe hull mounted sonar will be of Chinese origin, but Algeria has selected Thales Smart-S Mk2 3D air and surface surveillance radar and Kelvin Hughes for the navigation radar.

Smart-S Mk2 naval radar Medium Long Range S Band Multibeam Solid State Surveillance Target Designation Thales Nederlands Turkish Royal Moroccan Danish Canadian French Navy Marine Nationale Cassard Absalon datasheet pictures photos video specifications

14039874200704121101103tz5.jpg

Accurate parameter from CSTC delegate:
length: 120m, wideth: 14.4m, draught: 3.87m, loaded: 2880 ton.
armament:
- A single barreled 76mm main gun
- 8x C802A anti-ship missiles
- 1x FM90N launcher with 8x surface to air missiles
- 2x Type 730 CIWS located on top of the helicopter hangar
sonar from China, searching radar is SMART-S MK2, navigation radar is from Kelvin Hughes.

DSC_0045_zps2ec1300c.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom