What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

SMART-S MK2 is a very cost-effective 3D-radar for a corvette. Combined all previous information, VL-MICA or Crotale Navel MK3 may be installed.
In my opinion, the five new ships ordered by Algeria (2 frigate + 3 corvette) may be enough and suitable for your navy, but as you said, HQ-16 or similar medium range SAM such as ESSM or Aster15 is more favorable at least for the two MEKO A200.

It will be one of the two, Aster15 (on Algeria BDSL 474) or Umkhonto IR-ER missiles ( on MEKO A200)

SMART-S MK2 is a very cost-effective 3D-radar for a corvette. Combined all previous information, VL-MICA or Crotale Navel MK3 may be installed.
In my opinion, the five new ships ordered by Algeria (2 frigate + 3 corvette) may be enough and suitable for your navy, but as you said, HQ-16 or similar medium range SAM such as ESSM or Aster15 is more favorable at least for the two MEKO A200.
I think they will stick you the chinese weapons, but with a western C3I fit and main radar.

Weaponery will be western.
On the Meko's, most likely yes.
The MEKO A-200 in Algerian configuration will be fitted with the following weapons:
» 8x Diehl Defence RBS15 Mk3 anti-ship missiles
» 16x Denel Umkhonto SAM (launched from VLS tubes)
» 1x 76-mm/62 Super Rapid gun by Oto Melara (main gun)
» 2x Rheinmetall remotely controlled MLG27 guns
Algerian Navy signs deal with ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems for 2+2 Meko A200 Frigates: Details
TKMS will supply two Meko A-200 frigates and six AgustaWestland Super Lynx helicopters under the €2 175 520 000 contract. According to Russia’s Periscope magazine, the ships will be armed with RBS 15 Mk III anti-ship missiles, Umkhonto IR surface-to-air missiles, Oto Melara and Rheinmetall guns and MU 90 torpedoes. The helicopters will be equipped with Mokopa air-to-ground missiles
Algeria buying Chinese frigates | defenceWeb

But on the Chinese corvettes? (which is what we were discussing)
MISSILE FRIGATE
OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL
751137IMG1593Copy.jpg

Last edited:

The Chinese contract is limited to furnishing 3 hulls , even the turbines are MAN. All defence system, and frigate protection is of western design. Italy is more than likely, will be the country where those frigates will be completed.

The Chinese contract is limited to furnishing 3 hulls , even the turbines are MAN. All defence system, and frigate protection is of western design. Italy is more than likely, will be the country where those frigates will be completed.
Well, if you can provide sources to back that up .... e.g. defence journals, government or business statements.

You are aware that:

PLAN 053H3 (Jiangwei II) is fitted with:
Propulsion:CODAD, 2 shaft, 2 x 18E390VA diesel @ 14,000 hp (17.6 kW) & 2x MTU diesel @ 8,840 hp (6.5 kW)

F22Ps are fitted with
  • 2 × Tognum MTU 12V 1163 TB 83 @ 10.5 MW
  • 2 × MTU cruise diesels @ 6.6 MW
I.e. the chinese licence produce Wartsila and MTU diesels. Likewise with MAN. Many chinese armored vehicles are powered by MAN diesels.

MAN Diesel employs over 7,700 staff, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, the Czech Republic, India and China. MAN Diesel has production facilities in Augsburg, Copenhagen, Frederikshavn, Saint Nazaire, Aurangabad and Shanghai

MAN Diesel & Turbo China Production Co., Ltd.
Fengming Road 9, Wujin High-Tech Industrial Zone
213164 Changzhou China
Phone +86 519 8622-7165
Fax +86 519 8622-7000
Locations | MAN SE
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE
-
INTERNATIONAL OFFICES

The MAN Diesel & Turbo worldwide production plants | MAN SE

Specifically Changzhou produces turbochargers, steam turbines, isothermal compressors
Where is what built? | MAN SE

Last edited:
In 2000, MAN Diesel (then known as MAN B&W Diesel) acquired Alstom Engines Ltd from GEC. This included the former diesel businesses of English Electric, Mirrlees Blackstone, Napier & Son, Paxman, and Ruston

Chinese built HTMS Pattani OPV is powered by
Propulsion:2 × Ruston16RK270 diesel engines, driving two shafts with controllable pitch propellers

Under a May 2002 agreement, the China State Shipbuilding Corporationbuilt the Pattani and her sister ship HTMS Naratiwat at the Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai

I think that tells you enough about the ALgerian ships too, ordered from the same company, to be fitted with MAN diesels....

Well, if you can provide sources to back that up .... e.g. defence journals, government or business statements.

You are aware that:

PLAN 053H3 (Jiangwei II) is fitted with:
Propulsion:CODAD, 2 shaft, 2 x 18E390VA diesel @ 14,000 hp (17.6 kW) & 2x MTU diesel @ 8,840 hp (6.5 kW)

F22Ps are fitted with
  • 2 × Tognum MTU 12V 1163 TB 83 @ 10.5 MW
  • 2 × MTU cruise diesels @ 6.6 MW
I.e. the chinese licence produce Wartsila and MTU diesels. Likewise with MAN. Many chinese armored vehicles are powered by MAN diesels.

MAN Diesel employs over 7,700 staff, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, the Czech Republic, India and China. MAN Diesel has production facilities in Augsburg, Copenhagen, Frederikshavn, Saint Nazaire, Aurangabad and Shanghai

MAN Diesel & Turbo China Production Co., Ltd.
Fengming Road 9, Wujin High-Tech Industrial Zone
213164 Changzhou China
Phone +86 519 8622-7165
Fax +86 519 8622-7000
Locations | MAN SE
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE
-
INTERNATIONAL OFFICES

The MAN Diesel & Turbo worldwide production plants | MAN SE

Specifically Changzhou produces turbochargers, steam turbines, isothermal compressors
Where is what built? | MAN SE
Right. All of the military engine used by PLAN are in-licensed produced in China, also tank engine. Some people say MBT-2000 use 6TD-2 because China can not produce it, but actually China can produce 1,300 HP and 1,500 HP engines in-licensed from MTU. The only reason for choosing 6TD-2 is our customer like cheap things.

Well, if you can provide sources to back that up ....
Penguin, I am not in French court and I don't need to back up anything. Sorry to be a little coarse with you. You base your opinion of the F22 delivered to Pakistan, what Algerian contracted with the Chinese, as I wrote above, is just the hull. Nothing else, even the turbine is German made, ie imported from Germany...
Eventually, the proof that you are requesting will hit the news in a near future. Be patient..

Right. All of the military engine used by PLAN are in-licensed produced in China, also tank engine. Some people say MBT-2000 use 6TD-2 because China can not produce it, but actually China can produce 1,300 HP and 1,500 HP engines in-licensed from MTU. The only reason for choosing 6TD-2 is our customer like cheap things.
I'm not dicussing what China can't or cannot do by itself. Merelystating fact that MAN is doing business in China, and what business that is. Don't let your pride clutter your judgement.

Penguin, I am not in French court and I don't need to back up anything. Sorry to be a little coarse with you. You base your opinion of the F22 delivered to Pakistan, what Algerian contracted with the Chinese, as I wrote above, is just the hull. Nothing else, even the turbine is German made, ie imported from Germany...
Eventually, the proof that you are requesting will hit the news in a near future. Be patient..
I've given my opinion, with the supporting materials. You give you opinion: where are you supporting materials? i.e. what is your opinion based on? I'm not interesting in groundless speculation.

I've given my opinion, with the supporting materials. You give you opinion: where are you supporting materials? i.e. what is your opinion based on? I'm not interesting in groundless speculation.

You supporting material are outdated and were a mere speculation...Mine are just opinions, based on my knowledge on the Algerian /Chinese relations and a deep knowledge of China thru business.

There are just opinions and this just a forum...

You supporting material are outdated and were a mere speculation...Mine are just opinions, based on my knowledge on the Algerian /Chinese relations and a deep knowledge of China thru business.

There are just opinions and this just a forum...
Outdated, really? Which, in what way? Please provide NEWER, UP TO DATE ones (or don't you have any?) Meanwhile, your knowledge is fact as illustrated by .... what?

Sorry, can't tell you about my business, but rest assured, I deal with more complicated analyses on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't tell you about my business, but rest assured, I deal with more complicated analyses on a daily basis.
Neither can I...but your infos are away off..and let leave it a that. The future will prove one us right...I doubt , it is going to be you..

Neither can I...but your infos are away off..and let leave it a that. The future will prove one us right...I doubt , it is going to be you..
You give 0 evidence, indication or supporting material that shows my analysis is off, or that the materials used in it are off. So, it is just your word (or credibility) against mine. I had hoped you could do better, would be more substantive. Alas, you can't (or won't). You're not even coming up with a plausibel counterargument! You wouldn't do well that way in a refereed, peer reviewed journal, that I can tell you for sure.

Last edited:
You give 0 evidence, indication or supporting material that shows my analysis is off, or that the materials used in it are off. So, it is just your word (or credibility) against mine. I had hoped you could do better, would be more substantive. Alas, you can't (or won't). You're not even coming up with a plausibel counterargument! You wouldn't do well that way in a refereed, peer reviewed journal, that I can tell you for sure.
You get the jest of it...But whatever I am doing in my world ..I am doing great..no complaint whatsoever... Have a great day and great success in your endeavor..

Let aliaselin do his work..

Back
Top Bottom