What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

All of the 3 C28A sitting together.
Notice that 920 has been repainted to white, so it may be handed over to Algeria soon
View attachment 255851
PN is planning to bring in similar Ship under the name F-22P Block-II about 4 of them to replace the Type-21 Amazon class Frigates?

Really a beauty, when PN will be building this type as F-22P Block-IIs? I think PN should have started up now, we have 2 docks for this type of Ship and can do 2 of them simultaneously.

Sylver A-35 + quadpacked VT-1 is possible > I suppose that could work using the same kind of missile director.
So, why not a short Chinese VLS with quadpacket FM90?
  • The Crotale NG (New Generation), entered production in 1990. This version used the new VT-1 missile with Mach 3.5 speed, load factor to 35G, 11 km range, 13 kg warhead (8m kill-zone) and 6,000 m ceiling.
  • The system includes a S-band Pulse Doppler radar (20 km), Ku-band TWT tracking radar (30 km), Thermal camera (19 km), Daylight CCD camera (15 km), and an IR localiser.

184317jk4z3aqbbr33zzac.jpg

Last edited:
It is in the pipeline...We are to Russia what Israel is to America.
With China, our relations are deeper and stronger and date from the early fifties...Chinese help to our war against the french is beyond the imaginable considering the distance that separates us. Algeria was instrumental in the seat that China occupies in the UN security counsel. Our actual president, played a tremendous role in ousting Taiwan from the chair and sit China.
Does Algeria plan to produce three more of these Frigates in Algeria ?

Does Algeria plan to produce three more of these Frigates in Algeria ?
3 C28A will be built in Algeria as well as 2 Meko 200AN and one BDSL..Algeria has an acquired experience in building that type of craft. All the Djebel chenoua fregates are home built.

3 C28A will be built in Algeria as well as 2 Meko 200AN and one BDSL..Algeria has an acquired experience in building that type of craft. All the Djebel chenoua fregates are home built.
Three are currently on order from China. Are you saying three MORE to be buyilt in Algeria (for a total of 6)?

three corvettes C28A. Radar and electronic equipment will be supplied by Thales, and mounted in Algeria. They will be built at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard
Algerian National Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thales radar was already fitted in China.

Three are currently on order from China. Are you saying three MORE to be buyilt in Algeria (for a total of 6)?
Yes..The equipment for dry dock has already been furnished and is in place in Mers el Kebir..

The Meko 200AN pictures after sea trials...
dzarmy 9 23 15 meko.jpg
dzarmy 9 23 15 meko.jpg1.jpg
dzarmy 9 23 15 meko.jpg2.jpg
dzarmy 9 23 15 meko.jpg3.jpg

Field test trials of the Ka 52 ongoing in Algeria
dzarmy 9 23 15 ka52 trials.jpg

Yes..The equipment for dry dock has already been furnished and is in place in Mers el Kebir..
Just looked at Mers el Kebir via Google Earth. The image is dated 5 July 2015. There doesn't seem to be any a shipdock/drydock, just a floating dock?

From what I've found, the C28A class was commissioned in 3 ships with an option for 3 others of the same type. Can't find much documentation on this though and also not on the taking up of the option for 3 more. Please help: where do we look?

Please help: where do we look?
It is very hard to get info, Algerians are very secretive. I posted while back , in the Algerian army thread, picture of the dry docks furnished by the Chinese...I will put some feeders out there and if I succeed in finding something tangible and reliable, I will share it..

C28A looks like upgraded version of F22 P
That's because it is a further development by the same Chinese shipyard that built F22P

It is very hard to get info, Algerians are very secretive. I posted while back , in the Algerian army thread, picture of the dry docks furnished by the Chinese...I will put some feeders out there and if I succeed in finding something tangible and reliable, I will share it..
Like I said, I saw a floating dry dock, but not a landbased 'construction dock' or slipyard

Algerian Naval Ship Adhaffer Visits Kochi

Algerian Naval Ship Adhaffer is at Kochi on a three day visit from 13 to 16 Oct 15. Col Tayeb Morseli of the Algerian Navy is the Head of the Mission and Cdr Yahi Ali is the Commanding Officer of the visiting foreign ship. During the visit, various interactions with Southern Naval Command have been planned.
SNC_1_15Oct15.jpg

Rear Admiral RB Pandit Presenting Memento to Col Tayeb Morseli of the Algerian Navy

On 14 Oct 15, the Head of the Mission accompanied by the Commanding Officer, Algerian Naval Ship Adhaffer had called on the Rear Admiral RB Pandit Chief of Staff, Southern Naval Command. The Officers and sailors of Southern Naval Command visited the ship and Algerian navy personnel visited the various training facilities at Southern Naval Command.

ANS Adhaffer had last visited Klang, Malaysia and will depart Kochi AM 16 Oct 15 for Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

source: indiannavy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom