What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

Sir what I am saying is Pakistan has already 4 F22 Frigates which it recently from China are you saying 7 more F22 or better version of this would be added in Pakistan Navy

Yes this plan is in pending since 3 years. Also plan for developing a SSK and N-Submarine.

Yes this plan is in pending since 3 years. Also plan for developing a SSK and N-Submarine.

I know we have economy problems but still has Pakistan Navy some sort of plans I mean how many Frigates they want to have in their fleet by 2025 and Submarines any idea

Enlarged?

Isnt it bigger than 2880 ton C28A...!

C28A suggests: Corvette 2800tons Algeria
F22P means: Frigate 2200 tons Pakistan

Why call a 2800ton ship a corvette and a 2200 ton ship a frigate? Also considering that the Type 056 corvette is less than 2000 tons. And particularly since the C28A model (if that IS the model) looks more like an modified (enlarged?) F22P.

Supposed C28A
corvette.jpg

Tout sur la défense au Maghreb: Tout sur les futures corvettes lourdes chinoises de la marine Algérienne

F22P
14039874200704121101103tz5.jpg

Why call a 2800ton ship a corvette and a 2200 ton ship a frigate? Also considering that the Type 056 corvette is less than 2000 tons. And particularly since the C28A model (if that IS the model) looks more like an modified (enlarged?) F22P.

Supposed C28A
corvette.jpg

Tout sur la défense au Maghreb: Tout sur les futures corvettes lourdes chinoises de la marine Algérienne

F22P

What the picture shows is an export version of Type 054A

See http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...rigate-lhd-submarine-designs.html#post4002838 :yahoo:

Chinese Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co. (CSOC) has unveiled New High Performance Frigate has length of 135 meters, breadth of 15.3 meters and displacement of 3700t with top speed of 28 kts.
Chinese New High Performance Frigate ~ Chinese Military Review

Chinese+New+High+Performance+Frigate+export+pakistaChinese+New+High+Performance+Frigate+%25283%2529.jpg

Still, this leaves the question C28A versus F22P

Supposed C28A
corvette.jpg

F22P

Type 054A
chinese-frigate.jpg

Comparing to Type 054A, the export one only changes the bow of ship and Type 730 to AK-630. Changing the bow is to make it more stealthy, while the hull is exactly the same as Type 054A. Moreover, the displacment is about the same for the two ships (normal displacement 3700T to full displacemnt 4000T).
As for the second question, I have given my answer in previous post.

Is there ANY image of C28A? If so, please post.

@previous poster: I'm not arguing about the model (although I remain not totally convinced it is 054A export)). It remains strange to call the smaller vessel a frigate and the larger vessel a corvette. I've yet to see an adequate explanation.

Exactly it's an export version but very big 3700 tonn (C28A 2800 tonn)

May be it will be an derivative version of 054 class frigate ?

Is there ANY image of C28A? If so, please post.

@previous poster: I'm not arguing about the model (although I remain not totally convinced it is 054A export)). It remains strange to call the smaller vessel a frigate and the larger vessel a corvette. I've yet to see an adequate explanation.

Calling it corvette or frigate is not depend on the builders but the customers. F22P, C28A and Type 056 are for different customers, so compring among them does not make sense.

Calling it corvette or frigate is not depend on the builders but the customers. F22P, C28A and Type 056 are for different customers, so compring among them does not make sense.

Uhm, well, I beg to differ.

Possible pic, see LIMA 2013 pictures photos images video International Naval exhibition Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace malaysia defence industry military maritime security naval technology navy <
Pic 4th row, 2nd column. CSOC stand at Lima 2013 showing poster, including `frigate(2800t)´ next to ´high performance frigate´ aka ´frigate(3700t).

Sir Pakistan is going to buy upgraded form of F22P 4 at least and if we get more money may be 8 so their chance C284 and upgraded F22P are the same thing @Penguin
@Ceylal when Algeria ordered 2 MEKO 200 Frigates ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm, well, I beg to differ.

Possible pic, see LIMA 2013 pictures photos images video International Naval exhibition Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace malaysia defence industry military maritime security naval technology navy <
Pic 4th row, 2nd column. CSOC stand at Lima 2013 showing poster, including `frigate(2800t)´ next to ´high performance frigate´ aka ´frigate(3700t).

This one may be the prototype of the ship.
The radar looks like this one&#65306;
http://img5.itiexue.net/1523/15234533.jpg
I have mentioned C28A will not use Chinese made radar

Sir Pakistan is going to buy upgraded form of F22P 4 at least and if we get more money may be 8 so their chance C284 and upgraded F22P are the same thing @Penguin

Upgraded F22P will use Chinese equipment, so will not be like this one. Anyway, Pakistan Navy and Algerian Navy belongs to different technology system and use different data link (Chinese vs Europe)

official letter from the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technoligie sent to the Bundestag :15/11/2012

Arms exports to Algeria : ....and ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems AG to supply two frigates of the Meko-series and plans two more to be manufactured by the country itself

defenceweb

TKMS recently sold two Meko A200 frigates to the Algerian Navy, which are based on the four Meko A200s supplied to the South African Navy. Algeria&#8217;s ministry of defence ordered the vessels on March 26 after a year of negotiations. Gehlhoff said that the Algerian contract went into effect in August and will be followed by six months of design work, for delivery of ships in three to four years&#8217; time, which is a relatively short period.

Back
Top Bottom