What's new

New pics of INS Vikramditya

Typical response when someone shows up the absurdity of Indians trying to compare their country to China.

Let us compare the GDP's of China and India in 2011 : China x4 compared to India

Indigenous Military Capability: China can make virtually everything that it requires whereas the only substantial system that India has made is the Akash SAM.

If India was on the same level as China then I would not hesitate to say that it is. The reality is that living standards in India are pretty much the same as Bangladesh.

:rofl:

Look! OK! China booooo.... Bangladesh the real shuperpawar! Brother of Sharad Pawar! They have a very very powerful navy that can sink entire US Navy with in minutes!

Do you know how you are degrading your country with Chinese disguise? :lol:

His dream of 10000000000 ton Shuper Chinese carrier destoryed the thread with trolling!

As far as living standards are concerned, why does Bangladesh have a life expectancy of 67 years compared to India's 64 then? It is a rhetorical question so I will answer it myself below.

Unlike India, Bangladesh is a homogenous state that is small in area and therefore there is little variation between different regions unlike as that in India. India is different as it has a very diverse ethnic mix that has decided to pool sovereignty to create a federal state called India. There are huge variations in living standards between the constitutent states in India - of the two largest states(Maharasta & Uttar Pradesh) in terms of population, there is a 3.5x difference in GDP/capita between them. While Bangladesh cannot compare to the HDI indexes of states like Kerala in the south of India, it is much better than the poorest Indian states like Bihar(although credit must be given to it's great economic performance over the last decade and it could quite easily catch up with Bangladesh in a decade or so) and Uttar Pradesh. Overall BD matches the average of the numerous Indian states.

As for indigenous Indian weapons, please name me one major system(apart from Akash SAM) that is 100% made in India? Arjun, LCA do not count as major subsystems(engines, radar etc) are still imported.

i never counted lca or arjun. Apart from akash sam the top notch indian weaponary include destroyers, corvets, arihant class subarines, IAc, bhim, Druva, Pinaka MRLB, Insas etc. Missile systems are excluded. And India is improving day by day.
PDV and AAD will also be a success story under BMD.
Personally i think we should go in the chineese way of ctrl+c and ctrl+v format

As far as living standards are concerned, why does Bangladesh have a life expectancy of 67 years compared to India's 64 then? It is a rhetorical question so I will answer it myself below.

Unlike India, Bangladesh is a homogenous state that is small in area and therefore there is little variation between different regions unlike as that in India. India is different as it has a very diverse ethnic mix that has decided to pool sovereignty to create a federal state called India. There are huge variations in living standards between the constitutent states in India - of the two largest states(Maharasta & Uttar Pradesh) in terms of population, there is a 3.5x difference in GDP/capita between them. While Bangladesh cannot compare to the HDI indexes of states like Kerala in the south of India, it is much better than the poorest Indian states like Bihar(although credit must be given to it's great economic performance over the last decade and it could quite easily catch up with Bangladesh in a decade or so) and Uttar Pradesh. Overall BD matches the average of the numerous Indian states.

As for indigenous Indian weapons, please name me one major system(apart from Akash SAM) that is 100% made in India? Arjun, LCA do not count as major subsystems(engines, radar etc) are still imported.

I never counted lca or arjun. Apart from akash sam the top notch indian weaponary include destroyers, corvets, arihant class subarines, IAc, bhim, Druva, Pinaka MRLB, Insas etc. Missile systems are excluded. And India is improving day by day.

I never counted lca or arjun. Apart from akash sam the top notch indian weaponary include destroyers, corvets, arihant class subarines, IAc, bhim, Druva, Pinaka MRLB, Insas etc. Missile systems are excluded. And India is improving day by day.

I want systems where everything is made in India. You made a claim so please back this up. Any country can make hulls for ships.

Also, systems that are not yet operational cannot be counted.

You have no idea what you're talking about. US knows this better than you and they have probably already made multiple strategies on containing China before China can pose a real threat. Anyways this thread is about India's new AC Carrier. I know, sour grapes.

If you say so Mr Genuis.

Your logic means the US will be superpower in 2011, 2111, 3011, .....etc. You have not really thought through what you are saying, have you now?

Btw, I only jumped in when someone claimed that Indian Navy is better than China's. If they had not, then I would never have gotten involved

I want systems where everything is made in India. You made a claim so please back this up. Any country can make hulls for ships.

Also, systems that are not yet operational cannot be counted.

No country make everything on its own! But you will not understand that.

If you say so Mr Genuis.

Your logic means the US will be superpower in 2011, 2111, 3011, .....etc. You have not really thought through what you are saying, have you now?

So you were talking about Chinese superiority by 2111? Thats possible! By 3011 even Bangladesh can be superpower! but before that there will be era of Bhutan, Somalia and Fiji as superpowers! lol

Btw, I only jumped in when someone claimed that Indian Navy is better than China's. If they had not, then I would never have gotten involved
And then you runaway, after declaring shupparcarier of china invincible! lol You started burning as I said IN is better than China's. :lol: Think what is the relation between you and China!

This guy's 'logic' are funny!

probably if LCA navy is ready in time or it might just have MiG-29k fighters LCA naval version could be on Vikrant class aircraft carrier as well

probably if LCA navy is ready in time or it might just have MiG-29k fighters LCA naval version could be on Vikrant class aircraft carrier as well

Both Vikramaditya, Vikrant will be capable of having Naval LCA and Mig-29K.

Every nation imports some systems..i say major systems from other country's..not even us or ussr or china makes everything on their own..its not the point that 100% should be made in India. Others wise chineese products are all copy paste stuff. So they have not made anything yet according to ur logic.
What say..whats ur opinion?? U may say it is one biased point of view.

. The whole of the Indian Navy would struggle to face a Chinese task force composed of 2 100,000 tonne nuclear supercarriers(along with over 150+ aircraft), 6-8 Type 052D destroyers and 3-4 Type-095 SSNs.

Could you plz check your history and tell me
1) how many aircraft carriers the chinese navy has operated so far compared to India?
2) how many battles the chinese navy has fought using aircraft carriers compared to India?
3) How many years of experience the chinese navy has in using aircraft carriers compared to India?
4) How many aircraft cariiers in the world can carry/operate 150+ aircraft?

So you were talking about Chinese superiority by 2111? Thats possible! By 3011 even Bangladesh can be superpower! but before that there will be era of Bhutan, Somalia and Fiji as superpowers! lol

Agreed and by then even the bangladeshi navy will have it's own shupacarrier. :rofl:

Every nation imports some systems..i say major systems from other country's..not even us or ussr or china makes everything on their own..its not the point that 100% should be made in India. Others wise chineese products are all copy paste stuff. So they have not made anything yet according to ur logic.
What say..whats ur opinion?? U may say it is one biased point of view.

US, France, China(J-11B) and Russia can make the whole part of a plane as an example - airframe, engine and radar. They are not reliant on anyone else for key sub-systems. I have little time for this "every nation uses components from other nations" argument anymore. Still waiting to hear which major system, apart from Akash SAM, India currently has deployed in it's inventory.

@daterSaab - "4) How many aircraft cariiers in the world can carry/operate 150+ aircraft?"

A little bit of thinking would have made anyone realise that 150 aircraft would have been spread between the 2 aircraft carriers.

If Indians cannot come up with anything better than the arguments that I have been seeing, then I will no longer bother replying. Most here want to argue for the sake of arguing.

US, France, China(J-11B) and Russia can make the whole part of a plane as an example - airframe, engine and radar. They are not reliant on anyone else for key sub-systems. I have little time for this "every nation uses components from other nations" argument anymore.

@daterSaab - "4) How many aircraft cariiers in the world can carry/operate 150+ aircraft?"

A little bit of thinking would have made anyone realise that 150 aircraft would have been spread between the 2 aircraft carriers.

Chinese arms are Russian or stolen.

Still waiting to hear which major system, apart from Akash SAM, India currently has deployed in it's inventory.

You know nothing.

Look at the ship. You cannot even dream about this. do you?

DSC_3211-748232.jpg

lch.jpg

If Indians cannot come up with anything better than the arguments that I have been seeing, then I will no longer bother replying. Most here want to argue for the sake of arguing

Are you talking about supercareer?

US, France, China(J-11B) and Russia can make the whole part of a plane as an example - airframe, engine and radar. They are not reliant on anyone else for key sub-systems. I have little time for this "every nation uses components from other nations" argument anymore. Still waiting to hear which major system, apart from Akash SAM, India currently has deployed in it's inventory.

If Indians cannot come up with anything better than the arguments that I have been seeing, then I will no longer bother replying. Most here want to argue for the sake of arguing.

I think you have very poor knowledge about how these things work..

See,first thing is,whatever be the development,it is a progressive development.Nobody re-invents the wheel to make a car.You may belong to a unique category to think like that.

Second thing is,these aircrafts you are talking about are actually made from components that are supplied from a host lot of countries.The F-16/F-35 has components supplied from a host of countries including Japan,Germany,France etc.TASL,a subsidiary of the Indian business group TATA,also supplies components for F-16.Its just a matter of cost and efficiency.at the end of the day,everybody wants a system that works efficiently and the cost is low.
Even the example that you are giving about J-11 is flawed in the very basics.J-11 is a fighter jet developed from the Russian Su-27SK.Even many of the jets use Russian engines( Lyulka AL-31F ).The Chinese also have their WS-10A engines as well.

Lastly,regarding that super-carrier.Making something really big doesnt necessarily make it better than any other.It depends upon what your requirement is.The classic case of "Spruce Goose" comes to my mind now.If the Chinese have any such requirement then they will do it.However,I think that idea is still at the stage or proposal.If that be the case,I see no point in building up a case for comparison based on some proposed idea,where no material work has happened in the ground.

I have one question.....
Will it be able to compete with chinese VARYAG..????:undecided:

No as it is around 20,000 tonnes lighter than the VARYAG. The Indian carrier will carry 24 Mig-29s, while the Chinese carrier could easily carry more of much larger J-15.

Back
Top Bottom