What's new

New pics of INS Vikramditya

well with china inducting its AC's the scenario should be different. Our area of interest may be under threat. What happens when varyag an 67000 tonne carrier comes face to face with our virat which would definitly feel dwarfed.

or are we banking on american AC's in such a situation??

China having a carrier will have little impact on our area of interest because the way to our region from China ie Malacca strait is narrow and heavily guarded. We have Andaman and Nicobar Islands as the door to Malacca. But if we want to fight with China in the Pacific or Indian Ocean than both India and China's carriers will play a important role.

or are we thinking that china would never send its AC's near our area of core interest??
They cant. If the carrier is not deployed in our area before war because way between India and China is not a open ocean but a strait.

or are we banking on american AC's in such a situation??
Its out of question and why should we when our navy and airforce are so well equipped compared to China? Our missiles, our submarines, our destroyers, our submarine killers and air defence missile all are either comparable or better.

But USN navy is much more powerful than IN or PLAN in both Indian and Pacific oceans, so in reality its presence will 'matter'. We cant ignore them.

China having a carrier will have little impact on our area of interest because the way to our region from China ie Malacca strait is narrow and heavily guarded. We have Andaman and Nicobar Islands as the door to Malacca. But if we want to fight with China in the Pacific or Indian Ocean than both India and China's carriers will play a important role.

They cant. If the carrier is not deployed in our area before war because way between India and China is not a open ocean but a strait.

Its out of question and why should we when our navy and airforce are so well equipped compared to China? Our missiles, our submarines, our destroyers, our submarine killers and air defence missile all are either comparable or better.

But USN navy is much more powerful than IN or PLAN in both Indian and Pacific oceans, so in reality its presence will 'matter'. We cant ignore them.

This is inaccurate. There is practically nothing significant that India has that is better than China.

By 2020, the Chinese Navy would have even built up a lead over the Indian Navy even in the Indian Ocean. The whole of the Indian Navy would struggle to face a Chinese task force composed of 2 100,000 tonne nuclear supercarriers(along with over 150+ aircraft), 6-8 Type 052D destroyers and 3-4 Type-095 SSNs.

China does not consider the Indians as a peer(at least for the next few decades at least), they are aiming to match the US toe-to-toe.

This is inaccurate. There is practically nothing significant that India has that is better than China.

By 2020, the Chinese Navy would have even built up a lead over the Indian Navy even in the Indian Ocean. The whole of the Indian Navy would struggle to face a Chinese task force composed of 2 100,000 tonne nuclear supercarriers(along with over 150+ aircraft), 6-8 Type 052D destroyers and 3-4 Type-095 SSNs.

China does not consider the Indians as a peer(at least for the next few decades at least), they are aiming to match the US toe-to-toe.

I hope you are aware that the US just recently has placed two warship permanently at Singapore.

Therefore, the Indian Ocean will be a controlled access by the US Navy!

And the US Pacific Fleet roams around.

It is not India that has to take care of the Chinese, the US is more concerned.

Practically there are many things that IN has way better than PLAN or they are aiming!

By 2020, the Chinese Navy would have even built up a lead over the Indian Navy even in the Indian Ocean.
By 2020? Let China make a better navy than Korean and Japanese navies forget about Indian ocean. Thats a wet dream.

The whole of the Indian Navy would struggle to face a Chinese task force composed of 2 100,000 tonne nuclear supercarriers(along with over 150+ aircraft),
China will struggle to make carrier forget 'super' and fielding them! Wet dreamers can dream but in reality its difficult.

6-8 Type 052D destroyers and 3-4 Type-095 SSNs.
These will be wiped out by P-15A, Akula and P-8I. Technologically far superior!

Qualitatively IN also does not consider PLAN as peer and PLAN matching USn is a joke. :lol:

Worthless post with chest thumping on others as usual!! :rolleyes:

I hope you are aware that the US just recently has placed two warship permanently at Singapore.

Therefore, the Indian Ocean will be a controlled access by the US Navy!

And the US Pacific Fleet roams around.

It is not India that has to take care of the Chinese, the US is more concerned.

You have proved my point. Only the US can go against the Chinese Navy moving forward. India cannot hope to fight it out with Chinese 100,000 tonne supercarriers as India does not plan to have anything comparable in the next decade. India's biggest carrier will be around 65,000 tonnes and these carriers will only carry half the number of combat aircraft as the 100,000 tonne supercarriers that China has in the pipeline.

I think the US and China will be near peers in 2020-2030 timeframe and then China will have an overwhelming advantage over the US. From around 2040 then India could possible start challenging the Chinese Navy firstly in the Indian Ocean and then globally.

You have proved my point. Only the US can go against the Chinese Navy moving forward. India cannot hope to fight it out with Chinese 100,000 tonne supercarriers as India does not plan to have anything comparable in the next decade. India's biggest carrier will be around 65,000 tonnes and these carriers will only carry half the number of combat aircraft as the 100,000 tonne supercarriers that China has in the pipeline.

I think the US and China will be near peers in 2020-2030 timeframe and then China will have an overwhelming advantage over the US. From around 2040 then India could possible start challenging the Chinese Navy firstly in the Indian Ocean and then globally.

Perfect assumption!! But assumtions never indicates the final outcome... Its better to compare the present.

Fact:
Masterring a carrier battlegroup is needs dacades of pratice to do safly and effectively. As others mantioned it before. Let china make a 40000 tone carrier 1st...retroffiting of vayarg is not making anew AC. Indian navy has every asset to counter china effectively. By d time china achives expertise in handling ac's it will be already 2040. By d way, india is much better and experienced in handling ac's.
Fiction:
ur entire post is a fiction.
Even chineese navy will not make such tall claims.

Fact:
Masterring a carrier battlegroup is needs dacades of pratice to do safly and effectively. As others mantioned it before. Let china make a 40000 tone carrier 1st...retroffiting of vayarg is not making anew AC. Indian navy has every asset to counter china effectively. By d time china achives expertise in handling ac's it will be already 2040. By d way, india is much better and experienced in handling ac's.
Fiction:
ur entire post is a fiction.
Even chineese navy will not make such tall claims.

OK. Whatever you say my friend. Let us wait till 2020 and then we shall see.

If you want to persist in thinking that India is a peer to China then please keep fantasising as that is your right.

If you want to persist in thinking that India is a peer to China then please keep fantasising as that is your right.

yeah mate....i will suggest u the same...coz u have ri8 to live in ur dreamland and boast about chineese capabilities..
Gud day my friend

Epic face palm a bangladeshi fighting for china or better doing chest thumping on someones else achivments

Epic face palm a bangladeshi fighting for china or better doing chest thumping on someones else achivments

Typical response when someone shows up the absurdity of Indians trying to compare their country to China.

Let us compare the GDP's of China and India in 2011 : China x4 compared to India

Indigenous Military Capability: China can make virtually everything that it requires whereas the only substantial system that India has made is the Akash SAM.

If India was on the same level as China then I would not hesitate to say that it is. The reality is that living standards in India are pretty much the same as Bangladesh.

Typical response when someone shows up the absurdity of Indians trying to compare their country to China.

Let us compare the GDP's of China and India in 2011 : China x4 compared to India

Indigenous Military Capability: China can make virtually everything that it requires whereas the only substantial system that India has made is the Akash SAM.

If India was on the same level as China then I would not hesitate to say that it is. The reality is that living standards in India are pretty much the same as Bangladesh.

living standerd in india is way better than bangladesh. Other wise crores of illegal immigrants would not have create an havoc in india.
Different between india and china is china proceed with reverse engineering and made the weapons in bulk where is india is building its weapon ri8 from the scratch.
Actually u should get ur facts ri8 coz most of the weapons exept lca and insaas, others are with per with the world or china.
Problem is that only failures gets noticed.
I hope u go through Indian navy thread. Its the most advanced of all forces. And the best part is most of the weapons it posseses are indigeneous.

living standerd in india is way better than bangladesh. Other wise crores of illegal immigrants would not have create an havoc in india.
Different between india and china is china proceed with reverse engineering and made the weapons in bulk where is india is building its weapon ri8 from the scratch.
Actually u should get ur facts ri8 coz most of the weapons exept lca and insaas, others are with per with the world or china.
Problem is that only failures gets noticed.
I hope u go through Indian navy thread. Its the most advanced of all forces. And the best part is most of the weapons it posseses are indigeneous.

As far as living standards are concerned, why does Bangladesh have a life expectancy of 67 years compared to India's 64 then? It is a rhetorical question so I will answer it myself below.

Unlike India, Bangladesh is a homogenous state that is small in area and therefore there is little variation between different regions unlike as that in India. India is different as it has a very diverse ethnic mix that has decided to pool sovereignty to create a federal state called India. There are huge variations in living standards between the constitutent states in India - of the two largest states(Maharasta & Uttar Pradesh) in terms of population, there is a 3.5x difference in GDP/capita between them. While Bangladesh cannot compare to the HDI indexes of states like Kerala in the south of India, it is much better than the poorest Indian states like Bihar(although credit must be given to it's great economic performance over the last decade and it could quite easily catch up with Bangladesh in a decade or so) and Uttar Pradesh. Overall BD matches the average of the numerous Indian states.

As for indigenous Indian weapons, please name me one major system(apart from Akash SAM) that is 100% made in India? Arjun, LCA do not count as major subsystems(engines, radar etc) are still imported.

You have no idea what you're talking about. US knows this better than you and they have probably already made multiple strategies on containing China before China can pose a real threat. Anyways this thread is about India's new AC Carrier. I know, sour grapes.

Back
Top Bottom