What's new

Need Help with running 1 mile in 7 minutes for ASF

Well I certainly can't
for weight loss,it really depends what you are made of? is it ore proteins in your body or more fats? if its fats then what type of fat?
The best way of losing weight is short intense episodes of exercise all day long.
Do very intense 5-10 minutes of exercise then stop for an hour and a half. Do same again and again.
Normally people do 1-2 hour continuous exercise a day for weight loss and that doesn't work. In many cases its detrimental as instead of consuming fat reserves the body starts using up muscle protein causing muscular weakness while fats remain there.
Short intense burst of exercise and the giving time to the body to recover, trigger fat consumption by the body as it gets time to breakdown the fat molecules.
Then theres is the problem of "Brown fats" which are the reserves on belly. They dont break down with exercise and the body needs to go into shock for triggering brown fats consumption. The shock can be from very intense excise which is not recommended unless you know what you re doing. The other way round is to take cold shower until you shiver. About 5 Minutes of cold shower should cause your body temperature to lower enough for the body to think its a crisis and start consuming emergency fat reserves the "Brown fats".
But if you just want to run, thats cardio. You need to increase stamina by doing just that gradually. Run daily and keep pushing yourself.

It will be a lot easy if you can find a partner, running with someone slightly better than you is the best inspiration.

Start with simple plain walking at a steady pace. keep increasing the distance every day by whatever increment you can even if it is just 10 meters more than previous day. when you can walk 4 km (4 times your target distance), start increasing the speed instead of distance, such that you cover the same 4km in less time even if that time is just 10 seconds less than previous day. once you reach the max speed at which you can walk for the whole 4km, start intermittent jogging, 100 meter walk, 10 meter run, 100 meter walk, 10 meter run. then start increasing the run distance every day even if it's just one meter more than the previous day. Within 60 days you should be able to run a KM under 6 minutes (but keep walking the remaining 3 km, for stamina building.) once you reach your target of 1km under 5 or 6 minutes, start increasing the run distance by 10 (or whatever) meters from previous day as well as total distance from 4 km to some more from previous day.

Don't run on hard pavement, use good quality running shoes with shock absorbing soles.
There is no exercise better than walking, cheap and fun.

Push ups is the best exercise to build upper body strength. If you can't do proper push ups, use half push ups (using knees to pivot instead of ankles when doing on the floor) or use a table or chair. there are a bunch of quality tutorials on youtube for beginners.

Your walking - running advice is perfect. I used to do the same (without any trainer advising me) and had built up to around 10 kms, at between 5.5-6 min/km pace on my Strava.

Then I quit (going round and round the race course was really boring, though the surfeit of thighs and butts in lycra did help ...) and went back to cycling full time.

I did my 200, 300 and 400 km brevets last November and December. Was gunning for the 600 and the coveted Super Randonneur title (certificate and medal from Paris) but during the 400 developed by ITB pain on my right.

Now Ive been off my bike for more than a month and getting fat.

Done with physio, doing basic toning and balancing exercises at home. Plan to start swimming to cross train now, with some weights too.

No sense just cycling like a lunatic like I was doing last year. Man of extremes ...

To the OP, please eat less. Starve if you have to for a few months. Simply exercise is not going to help you.

110 is not bad. Ive seen worse. But at least get it down to 90-95 before you start doing some weights and cardio. Or you'll screw your back and knees for sure.

Cheers, Doc

Your walking - running advice is perfect. I used to do the same (without any trainer advising me) and had built up to around 10 kms, at between 5.5-6 min/km pace on my Strava.

Then I quit (going round and round the race course was really boring, though the surfeit of thighs and butts in lycra did help ...) and went back to cycling full time.

I did my 200, 300 and 400 km brevets last November and December. Was gunning for the 600 and the coveted Super Randonneur title (certificate and medal from Paris) but during the 400 developed by ITB pain on my right.

Now Ive been off my bike for more than a month and getting fat.

Done with physio, doing basic toning and balancing exercises at home. Plan to start swimming to cross train now, with some weights too.

No sense just cycling like a lunatic like I was doing last year. Man of extremes ...

To the OP, please eat less. Starve if you have to for a few months. Simply exercise is not going to help you.

110 is not bad. Ive seen worse. But at least get it down to 90-95 before you start doing some weights and cardio. Or you'll screw your back and knees for sure.

Cheers, Doc

Nice..given me major fitness goals

Stop scaring people with your dole.

Cheers, Doc

Ouch ...........

Its my duty to inform people of the reality ....... don't want them having unrealistic models or role models.

Whats good for an ogre may not be good for a normal human being.

Ouch ...........

Its my duty to inform people of the reality ....... don't want them having unrealistic models or role models.

Whats good for an ogre may not be good for a normal human being.

Am sure most of your bhagoras are scared of your posts itself.

@Oscar was right though. I'm an unintelligent bigot with anger management issues.

Cheers, Doc

Who cares ........... they can suck the lollipop.

If our respective nations go to the canines, as they well might, and we are hounded out by our own, as we well might, it would be really interesting if we go back to where we came from and had Round II ...

Without a baby on one side this time.

Cheers, Doc

If our respective nations go to the canines, as they well might, and we are hounded out by our own, as we well might, it would be really interesting if we go back to where we came from and had Round II ...

Without a baby on one side this time.

Cheers, Doc

Hmmmm ..... I think it would be better if joined forces and first taught these bigots a lesson ....... like make them humans.

After that we can start with round II ....... but for that you need to have someone side with you, like you in your original numbers are a minority for us now ....... a minority that needs our protection and safety.

Well unfortunately my mother doesn't let me go to gym because she believes that its waste of time and study so Gym is not an option

If you're old enough to get a job you're old enough to go to the gym. Stop letting your mother treat you like a baby. Respect for parents is one thing, but sometimes you have to use your own logic. You are a grown man, at the peak of your youth, if you are not physically developing yourself now, you never will.

Assalamu alaikum.

I want to join ASF (Airports Security force) next year but the problem is that I weigh 111 Kg and I am losing the weight by the grace of Allah so I am confident that I'll be fit to join the next year but the problem is that I can't run a mile in 7 let alone 10 minutes. I'll run out of breath easily and I also can't do push ups. So I need tips from experts on how can I do the above mentioned things which will enable me to join up next year.

There is no short cut, no cure, no aid, only diet and exercise.

Tell us what is your current diet like and what exercise do you do?

Hmmmm ..... I think it would be better if joined forces and first taught these bigots a lesson ....... like make them humans.

After that we can start with round II ....... but for that you need to have someone side with you, like you in your original numbers are a minority for us now ....... a minority that needs our protection and safety.

Bro, dig out my post/s to @Mangus Ortus Novem yesterday. :D

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom