What's new

Need Help with running 1 mile in 7 minutes for ASF

Tactical Ghost

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Assalamu alaikum.

I want to join ASF (Airports Security force) next year but the problem is that I weigh 111 Kg and I am losing the weight by the grace of Allah so I am confident that I'll be fit to join the next year but the problem is that I can't run a mile in 7 let alone 10 minutes. I'll run out of breath easily and I also can't do push ups. So I need tips from experts on how can I do the above mentioned things which will enable me to join up next year.

Assalamu alaikum.

I want to join ASF (Airports Security force) next year but the problem is that I weigh 111 Kg and I am losing the weight by the grace of Allah so I am confident that I'll be fit to join the next year but the problem is that I can't run a mile in 7 let alone 10 minutes. I'll run out of breath easily and I also can't do push ups. So I need tips from experts on how can I do the above mentioned things which will enable me to join up next year.

I suggest you change your diet and stop eating atta! Eat greens and lean meat at a ratio of 3-1.

Assalamu alaikum.

It is not that difficult short steps jogging for an hour is enough to clear your mile test. Do it twice a day morning and evening.

Assalamu alaikum.

oh another thing, do any of your gym's have a stairs machine? if not elliptical trainer is a good substitute to it. Use them as an aid to help with running.

oh another thing, do any of your gym's have a stairs machine? if not elliptical trainer is a good substitute to it. Use them as an aid to help with running.

Well unfortunately my mother doesn't let me go to gym because she believes that its waste of time and study so Gym is not an option

Well unfortunately my mother doesn't let me go to gym because she believes that its waste of time and study so Gym is not an option

:(:( My mum was the same and I can't tell you to disobey your mum. Jump rope will help with overcoming the breathing difficulties and ofcourse go see a doctor to get a full check up on things like the heart.

Assalamu alaikum.

For weight Loss:

Start cycling. When you get down around 90-95 Kg, then start jogging. Dont run yet. If you run at 111 KG, you are exerting pressure on your knees un necessarily.
Also remember that cycling is a great way to build stamina before running.

For 1 mile in 7 mins:

Mark the distance. put your headphones on and start your fav jam.

Tilt your body forward and your head down when you start off. Start slow, very slow. Your aim at this time is not complete in time, but complete the distance, meaning you have to jog and walk one mile. Your time on first day could be around 15 minutes. RELAX. its ok.
COMPLETE the one mile whether by jog or walk or both. Dont give up after 1km.

If your legs are sore, dont jog next 2 days.

Next day (if our legs arent sore), start off again, same way. Try doing it in 14 minutes. Then keep cutting the time down everyday or every alternate day by 1 minute. After a week you could be at 10 or 11 minutes for 1 mile.

The trick is always to start slow, then after 400m increase the pace a bit. 1 mile is 1600m. Divide it every 400m and increase pace a bit after every 400m. If you feel pain in stomach, stop jogging at once, start walking. If you cant walk, stand on a side, but complete the 1 mile. The day you give up and dont complete that 1 mile, your mind will start to give into failure.Thats the last thing you want.

Military training is all about mind game. A human body can do anything, literally, as long as the mind tells it to do. Dont sprint at start, it will kill your stamina. If you want to sprint, sprint n last 200m so you can finsih the 1 mile.

Dont run more than 4 days a week. Running causes most injuries.

PUSH UPs:

Lie down facing downwards with chest on ground with hands on sides, palms on ground. slowly lift your chest up, let the knees keep touching the ground. Practice it 10 times a day.

After a week, try lifting one or both knees. Its ok if you fall on your chest. Put the knees on ground again. Just lift chest.

When you can eventually lift chest and both knees from the ground, then increase 1 push up everyday. Try going from 10 to 15 to 20. If you can do 20 easily then take upto 25 and more.

Keep arms moderately apart. if you keep arms too wide, you will exert chest muscles. If you keep arms too narrow, you will exercise your triceps.

Keeping them moderately apart, you are building strength in upper body by exercising shoulder, chest and triceps. This is the best combination.

:(:( My mum was the same and I can't tell you to disobey your mum. Jump rope will help with overcoming the breathing difficulties and ofcourse go see a doctor to get a full check up on things like the heart.
I will In sha Allah

Assalamu alaikum.

I was 14 and I could not run a mile in 16 mins , and I was round. I became 15 and I could run a mile under 7 and was a square. Now I can run it im 5:45 secs , tip, every night do rwr( run walk run ) , first run them if tired start fast walking , then again run. Find a rhythm. No salan, butter ghee, oil. Eat boiled masala chicken with veggies

For weight Loss:

Start cycling. When you get down around 90-95 Kg, then start jogging. Dont run yet. If you run at 111 KG, you are exerting pressure on your knees un necessarily.
Also remember that cycling is a great way to build stamina before running.

For 1 mile in 7 mins:

Mark the distance. put your headphones on and start your fav jam.

Tilt your body forward and your head down when you start off. Start slow, very slow. Your aim at this time is not complete in time, but complete the distance, meaning you have to jog and walk one mile. Your time on first day could be around 15 minutes. RELAX. its ok.
COMPLETE the one mile whether by jog or walk or both. Dont give up after 1km.

If your legs are sore, dont jog next 2 days.

Next day (if our legs arent sore), start off again, same way. Try doing it in 14 minutes. Then keep cutting the time down everyday or every alternate day by 1 minute. After a week you could be at 10 or 11 minutes for 1 mile.

The trick is always to start slow, then after 400m increase the pace a bit. 1 mile is 1600m. Divide it every 400m and increase pace a bit after every 400m. If you feel pain in stomach, stop jogging at once, start walking. If you cant walk, stand on a side, but complete the 1 mile. The day you give up and dont complete that 1 mile, your mind will start to give into failure.Thats the last thing you want.

Military training is all about mind game. A human body can do anything, literally, as long as the mind tells it to do. Dont sprint at start, it will kill your stamina. If you want to sprint, sprint n last 200m so you can finsih the 1 mile.

Dont run more than 4 days a week. Running causes most injuries.

PUSH UPs:

Lie down facing downwards with chest on ground with hands on sides, palms on ground. slowly lift your chest up, let the knees keep touching the ground. Practice it 10 times a day.

After a week, try lifting one or both knees. Its ok if you fall on your chest. Put the knees on ground again. Just lift chest.

When you can eventually lift chest and both knees from the ground, then increase 1 push up everyday. Try going from 10 to 15 to 20. If you can do 20 easily then take upto 25 and more.

Keep arms moderately apart. if you keep arms too wide, you will exert chest muscles. If you keep arms too narrow, you will exercise your triceps.

Keeping them moderately apart, you are building strength in upper body by exercising shoulder, chest and triceps. This is the best combination.
Ah thank you for the wonderful tutorial but is indoor cycling recommended ?

I am a good for nothing loser so I don't even know how to ride a cycle :(

I was 14 and I could not run a mile in 16 mins , and I was round. I became 15 and I could run a mile under 7 and was a square. Now I can run it im 5:45 secs , tip, every night do rwr( run walk run ) , first run them if tired start fast walking , then again run. Find a rhythm. No salan, butter ghee, oil. Eat boiled masala chicken with veggies
Thanks for the tips.... I'll try my best to eat veggies

Its 80% diet! What you consume will impact you greatly and as you are joining a paramilitary organization I will recommend running in boots as you will be wearing them on duty.

Its 80% diet! What you consume will impact you greatly and as you are joining a paramilitary organization I will recommend running in boots as you will be wearing them on duty.

Ah boots.... Oh what are your thoughts on ASF btw ?

Back
Top Bottom