What's new

NE India Corner

Do people in the NE watch a lot of Korean stuff?
Not any more or less than people from other part of country, and mostly by young people, but the number is certainly nowhere as big as fans from metros. you should check the fan page numbers and members of animie and korean stuff in facebook from delhi and mumbai and even south India. they are way bigger than anywhere N.E is, but somehow N.E gets the reputation of being the number 1 east asian fan from india.
delhi comicon and animie festivals are so much bigger than our local festivals in all respect.

Last edited:
great music.. link to full song??

It's in the youtube comment section but any way
here..
1st song is "oriental dreams" by shalo kent
Check his other song too "And we say" it was aired onVH1

2nd is "chasing ghost" by alobo naga, you can pass this one, not that great.

3rd one is "diamond" by polar light
no videos yet, but you can buy the song for just 15 bucks or entire EP for just 70 bucks from here..
https://www.oklisten.com/album/talking_to_the_trees_ep
http://indihut.com/polar-lights/
One of my fav. local band, their songs are awesome, some songs here..

here..
Check his other song too "And we say" it was aired onVH1

2nd is "chasing ghost" by alobo naga, you can pass this one, not that great.

3rd one is "diamond" by polar light
no videos yet, but you can buy the song for just 15 bucks or entire EP for just 70 bucks from here..
https://www.oklisten.com/album/talking_to_the_trees_ep
http://indihut.com/polar-lights/
One of my fav. local band, their songs are awesome, some songs here..

well found it... i am loving shalo kent, cant actually believe he is from india!!! NE is a whole new india

well found it... i am loving shalo kent, cant actually believe he is from india!!! NE is a whole new india
Glad you liked it, Country is full of surprises is n't it? Even we natives get to find something new each day.

Another one, i hope they release an album or EP soon.
We the Giants from Nagaland.

Other artists featured in video, Virie and Zaza

Glad you liked it, Country is full of surprises is n't it? Even we natives get to find something new each day.
when people talk about india they think about filthy main land cities , but treasures lie somewhere else!!!!:smitten::smitten:

Another one, i hope they release an album or EP soon.
We the Giants from Nagaland.
i cant seem to find kents official channel can you point me to his website ,channel or instagrm?

ok here.
https://soundcloud.com/shalo-kent
https://www.facebook.com/shalo.kent
https://www.instagram.com/shalokent/
https://www.youtube.com/user/shalokentofficial/videos

Dude is rich, his sisters owns a clothing line called "Jandshasha clothing", They are graduates from NIFT delhi, i think.
13651722_517300161811813_1149453678_n.jpg

:p::p::p::p::p::p::p:
Do they live in nagaland or abroad??

Do they live in nagaland or abroad??
They have pictures from all over the country,mostly from nagaland but no pictures from abroad so i think they stay in nagaland.
Shalo lives in nagaland, don't know where exactly, could be either Kohima or Dimapur

Another One
Dude lives in Hyderabad and went full black in this video:D, Nevertheless very catchy song.
"Young Dirrt"

They have pictures from all over the country,mostly from nagaland but no pictures from abroad so i think they stay in nagaland.
Shalo lives in nagaland, don't know where exactly, could be either Kohima or Dimapur

Another One
Dude lives in Hyderabad and went full black in this video:D, Nevertheless very catchy song.
"Young Dirrt"
nice song...video...nah they are pretending to be a west underworld people like eminem which they arre not, kent and virie are better

Not any more or less than people from other part of country, and mostly by young people, but the number is certainly nowhere as big as fans from metros. you should check the fan page numbers and members of animie and korean stuff in facebook from delhi and mumbai and even south India. they are way bigger than anywhere N.E is, but somehow N.E gets the reputation of being the number 1 east asian fan from india.
delhi comicon and animie festivals are so much bigger than our local festivals in all respect.
Korean TV (Arirang & KBS) keeps showing reports,year after year how big Hallyu is really big in India.They always visit NE India and keep showing visual of NE Indian's dancing to K-Pop numbers.

I visit SK often and people expect me to know the latest K-Pop number when at Karaoke because the telly said so.l always blamed NE Indians for my miseries! :guns:

here..
This lyrics will either you get super laid or you end up spending the whole weekend at your mate's house!
Start a new thread in Members section that covers some cool musicians from NE!:D

Korean TV (Arirang & KBS) keeps showing reports,year after year how big Hallyu is really big in India.They always visit NE India and keep showing visual of NE Indian's dancing to K-Pop numbers.
I visit SK often and people expect me to know the latest K-Pop number when at Karaoke because the telly said so.l always blamed NE Indians for my miseries! :guns:
This lyrics will either you get super laid or you end up spending the whole weekend at your mate's house!
Start a new thread in Members section that covers some cool musicians from NE!:D

lol.. i didn't know what "Hallyu" was, i had to google.There are some young people who are really into korean things, they learn dance and the songs very earnestly, but number wise nowhere near other part of India.
About opening new thread, nah man, this thread is cool, this thread is meant for casual discussions, besides i can't keep tract of all the local artists, there are too many of them. I just listen selectively to those who get shared via wattsapp and other platforms.

@cloud_9 these girls are cute:smitten:They are from Mizoram and arunachal

Last edited:
Sushila Chanu
India's Women Hockey Team Captain

India%25E2%2580%2599s-Women-Hockey-Team-Captain-Sushila-Chanu%2540Dontgiveupworld.jpg

While whole India is celebrating the success of MS Dhoni, here is the dark side of Indian athletes. Sushila Chanu, the captain of Indian Hockey team is still working as a Ticket collector in Mumbai. She stays in small rent room and goes to her duty. Watch this video where she checks the ticket. We live in a country where Cricketers get millions and rest of the athletes is still struggling even after leading the team in Olympic.

Sushila Chanu born and brought up in Imphal, Manipur in 1992. She started playing Hockey at the age of 11 as her uncle encouraged her to play. She is from a poor family background. Her father is a driver and her mother is a housewife.

The only income she gets is through TTC profession and also she has to lead hockey team. Her daily allowance gets deducted as she has a training camp to attend. In an interview with Hindustan Times, she said,” It’s enough for my own expenses as I don’t have to pay rent and when I am the camp, the food is taken care of.”

“My Railway job is a necessity for me and that is something I have to do”, she said. When she is not representing her skills as a captain, she can be found doing her duty for nation, at Masjid station.
Sushila Chanu’s story is an inspirational one. We hope she achieves her dreams and etch her name in her passionate field.

A Legend We Forgot. Dr Talimeren Ao: India’s First Football Captain From Nagaland.

As Hero ISL 2016 is getting excited as each match gets overwhelming response from a “Cricket Loving” country, it’s time for us to go back to the roots and the acknowledge the Pioneers of Indian Football team about whom we speak very little. In fact you forget their legacy.

One of the Legendary Footballer is Dr. Talimeren Ao. If you haven’t heard about him, Dr. Talimeren Ao is the captain of Indian Football team in the first official match in 1948 London Olympics. He was also the part of 1950 world cup team, but the team was barred from entering the tournament just because they played barefooted.

He was born in 28th January 1918, in a village named as Chanki, Assam (Now Nagaland). Subongwati Ao and Deikim Doungel is his parents. He completed his schooling from Impur Christian School where he was the caption of the school team. He was awarded as the “Best Footballer” in the All Assam Inter School Football Championship, 1937.

In 1950, he played for Mohun Began where he showed his outstanding performance. In 1950, he also got graduated as a MBBS student in the All Assam Inter School Football Championship, 1937.

In 1953, the Government posted him as Assistant Civil Surgeon, to Kohima Hospital, Nagaland. Dr.T.Ao rose to become the first Naga Director of Health Services. He held this post till his retirement in 1978.

On 13th of September 1998 this legend left this earthly body and went to heaven above. But little less we know he is the legend of Football of early India. Mohun Bagan AC honored him with the "Mohun Bagan Ratna Award" in 2002 for his achievements. Dr. T. Ao Football Trophy tournament is conducted in Nagaland on remembrance of this great man. But Indian government should take enough actions to honor this legendary Footballer of India by conducting National level games on his remembrance and to carry out his name for the next generation.

As John Abraham said, “North East India is the Hotbed of Football”, if our respective government invest on North East India, surely our country will get some diamonds from North East India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom