What's new

Navy agrees to buy four Russian frigates for $3 bn

I remember a dozen years ago. sorry, I forgot the time.
Chinese submarines have tracked USS Kitty Hawk.

So - India is proud of it... but China did it a dozen years ago.
Congratulations! I guess.

The baniya inside you must feel jelly..:lol:

We get the best of both worlds.: but hey didnt stop you or americans from sourcing Chinese parts did it?:lol:

Penny pinching happens everywhere, if a company can earn a profit easily it will turn to even its enemies, that's capitalism for you.

The crux of the point is, it was to save money not because ours or the Americans' companies thought the chinese products are good like you are implying, infact they weren't, the defects showed soon enough and people were held responsible.

Oh look at that, a bangladeshi presumes to know about a class of frigates his country doesn't even operate.

How ironic.:coffee:

What?:omghaha:

Man, stop drinking that cheap chinese kool aid.

Lol, do the type 54s have the EL/M-2248 AESA radars, Barak-8 SAMs and Brahmos AShMs?
Our Kolkata class have it and P-17A frigates are getting it.

Stop kidding yourself, your sub par crap can't hope to match us.

Our radars will detect you earlier, our sams will kill anything you have in your arsenal and our AShMs will sink you before you have even realised the $hit you would have gotten yourselves into.

And we suffered because we did.

Yeesh, never chinese again.:fie:
Why you should always get all the free military staffs from US or China? Others also have rights!

That they tried enough to be German but ultimately failed. Now you can understand the quality of Chinese product though they are your only chance. :rofl:
Does India also have quality???

God, what do I see? A illiterate country boasts of its quality.:-)

First improve the quality of Indians. illiteracy...

With this amount of money China can field three 128000-ton Type 055 DDGs.

It always makes me feel good when I hear that India is again spending its hard-earned cash on expensive foreign weapons. :D:D

With this amount of money China can field three 128000-ton Type 055 DDGs.

It always makes me feel good when I hear that India is again spending its hard-earned cash on expensive foreign weapons. :D:D
Oh look at that, a bangladeshi presumes to know about a class of frigates his country doesn't even operate.

How ironic.:coffee:

What?:omghaha:

Man, stop drinking that cheap chinese kool aid.

Lol, do the type 54s have the EL/M-2248 AESA radars, Barak-8 SAMs and Brahmos AShMs?
Our Kolkata class have it and P-17A frigates are getting it.

Stop kidding yourself, your sub par crap can't hope to match us.

Our radars will detect you earlier, our sams will kill anything you have in your arsenal and our AShMs will sink you before you have even realised the $hit you would have gotten yourselves into.

And we suffered because we did.

Yeesh, never chinese again.:fie:
Why you should always get all the free military staffs from US or China? Others also have rights!

That they tried enough to be German but ultimately failed. Now you can understand the quality of Chinese product though they are your only chance. :rofl:

We get the best of both worlds.: but hey didnt stop you or americans from sourcing Chinese parts did it?:lol:
The fantasy of India is invincible. But it's a pity. Even the frigate needs to be imported.
India can buy warships, but India can't buy quality.

:lol:

These Indians are Russia's milking cow.
4 frigates for 3 billion US dollars?!
Good stuff does not come cheap.
The deal might include more shtil 1 missiles or klub anti ship missiles.
These are much improved class of Frigates from the talwar class Frigates that in operates. All the missiles including the shtil 1 missile system is carried in VLS cells.
BQ80XoGj6enud-iN3JtFIUdtW2-yXrphBvVKJ4VmYz_TwEhATcTUJLoWTc8VhJtaBycdSGHp4WnI4Uj2eCj3KpSyTignddz7tJ9ADoqnEf-40I03V78akJXrTXiNAbP40cye9HB4GglfZoYzYXuy-Z-DPYG_kpL0DOmqV6TdH-wNG5hPBHGXWXWsMfZQ0ddbCQ=w470-h313-nc

images

The fantasy of India is invincible. But it's a pity. Even the frigate needs to be imported.
India can buy warships, but India can't buy quality.
All Indian shipyards are now engaged in building naval vessels. these ships are bought so that they can be quickly bought into service as the godavari class frigates after being decomissioned

Penny pinching happens everywhere, if a company can earn a profit easily it will turn to even its enemies, that's capitalism for you.

The crux of the point is, it was to save money not because ours or the Americans' companies thought the chinese products are good like you are implying, infact they weren't, the defects showed soon enough and people were held responsible.
Good stuff does not come cheap.
The deal might include more shtil 1 missiles or klub anti ship missiles.
These are much improved class of Frigates from the talwar class Frigates that in operates. All the missiles including the shtil 1 missile system is carried in VLS cells.
BQ80XoGj6enud-iN3JtFIUdtW2-yXrphBvVKJ4VmYz_TwEhATcTUJLoWTc8VhJtaBycdSGHp4WnI4Uj2eCj3KpSyTignddz7tJ9ADoqnEf-40I03V78akJXrTXiNAbP40cye9HB4GglfZoYzYXuy-Z-DPYG_kpL0DOmqV6TdH-wNG5hPBHGXWXWsMfZQ0ddbCQ=w470-h313-nc

images

All Indian shipyards are now engaged in building naval vessels. these ships are bought so that they can be quickly bought into service as the godavari class frigates after being decomissioned
"quality is you can't buy". this is Indians can not understand.
SU-30 is very advanced. But India crashed.
C-130 is very advanced. But India crashed.
Mirage 2000 is very advanced. But India crashed.
The Russian aircraft carrier is not too bad, but India is not even able to repair it.
India claims to be a superpower, but its weapons stock is only 10 days.

Then @cyclops talk about "quality" here. When do you have it?

If India friends still don't understand. For instance. China can make frigates, but.... China also manufactures destroyers, submarines, transport ships, supply ships, Minesweeper, landing ships.

If India friends still don't understand. In simple terms, when Chinese J-6 and type 59 tanks were at the Uganda-Tanzania war. India LCA and Arjun tank does not even exist. when China's J-7 and type 69 tank were at the Iran-Iraq war. India LCA and Arjun tank is just a paper. Still not simple enough? OK, a direct contrast....

India' LCA VS China' Q5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-10B, J-10C, J-11, J-11B, J-15, J-16, J-20, J-31, JH-7, K-8, L-15, Y-5, Y-6, Y-7, Y-8, Y-20, H-6,H-6K, KJ-2000, KJ-500, Gaoxin 6, AG-600, C919....Some small production planes or transition models are not on the list. Oh, So sorry, I almost forgot, and JF-17.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-real-gap-between-china-and-india.505673/

If India friends still don't understand. OK.

India——LCA
300000938214129800372602523_950.jpg

China——L15 c
oach airplane, twin engine. Export to Zambia in 2016.
L-15 教练飞机.jpg

If India friends still don't understand. Type 071 Amphibious Transport Dock. 20000 tons. 4 ships of same level. It's still building 2.
d41lKKD.jpg

China's comprehensive supply ship.
Hongzehu supply ship. 21700 tons. Service in 1981.
51683d5a9476741e

Qinghaihu supply ship. 37000 tons.
timg

Fuchi class(
NATO codename)AOE-886. 25000 tons
203_4932_946588.jpg

Fuchi class(NATO codename)AOE-887. 25000 tons. BTW, the two ships served in 2004 at the same time.

timg

So sorry, the Chinese Navy makes too many warships. I can't think of too much. If I forget to be better, please remind me.

So, I mean - a lagging agricultural country laughed at China?
@cyclops @Kinetic Do you have quality? Do you know what quality is?

@SOUTHie @UKBengali @pakistanipower @BDforever @DESERT FIGHTER @spectribution
Why do Indians talk about quality, I want to laugh? you can't blame me. If you are laughed at by a backward agricultural country, you are the same feeling.

:lol:

These Indians are Russia's milking cow.
4 frigates for 3 billion US dollars?!

And you are beggar of the world. :rofl:

You get best from both world? Rejected FC-1 and MBT-2000? Anything else? No Russian, No European, No Israeli, No US weapon? Is that best? We got Phalcon (that was once denied to China) we got P-8I, We got PAK FA, We got Rafale, we got S-400, we got Akula, We got Apace, and we are talking about Avenger and F-35.

We are the only nation have best American sub hunter and best Russian submarine. lol

"quality is you can't buy". this is Indians can not understand.
SU-30 is very advanced. But India crashed.
C-130 is very advanced. But India crashed.
Mirage 2000 is very advanced. But India crashed.
The Russian aircraft carrier is not too bad, but India is not even able to repair it.
India claims to be a superpower, but its weapons stock is only 10 days.

Then @cyclops talk about "quality" here. When do you have it?

If India friends still don't understand. For instance. China can make frigates, but.... China also manufactures destroyers, submarines, transport ships, supply ships, Minesweeper, landing ships.

If India friends still don't understand. In simple terms, when Chinese J-6 and type 59 tanks were at the Uganda-Tanzania war. India LCA and Arjun tank does not even exist. when China's J-7 and type 69 tank were at the Iran-Iraq war. India LCA and Arjun tank is just a paper. Still not simple enough? OK, a direct contrast....

India' LCA VS China' Q5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-10B, J-10C, J-11, J-11B, J-15, J-16, J-20, J-31, JH-7, K-8, L-15, Y-5, Y-6, Y-7, Y-8, Y-20, H-6,H-6K, KJ-2000, KJ-500, Gaoxin 6, AG-600, C919....Some small production planes or transition models are not on the list. Oh, So sorry, I almost forgot, and JF-17.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-real-gap-between-china-and-india.505673/

If India friends still don't understand. OK.

India——LCA
View attachment 456437

China——L15 coach airplane, twin engine. Export to Zambia in 2016.
View attachment 456438

If India friends still don't understand. Type 071 Amphibious Transport Dock. 20000 tons. 4 ships of same level. It's still building 2.
View attachment 456435

China's comprehensive supply ship.
Hongzehu supply ship. 21700 tons. Service in 1981.
51683d5a9476741e

Qinghaihu supply ship. 37000 tons.
timg

Fuchi class(
NATO codename)AOE-886. 25000 tons
203_4932_946588.jpg

Fuchi class(NATO codename)AOE-887. 25000 tons. BTW, the two ships served in 2004 at the same time.

timg

So sorry, the Chinese Navy makes too many warships. I can't think of too much. If I forget to be better, please remind me.

So, I mean - a lagging agricultural country laughed at China?
@cyclops @Kinetic Do you have quality? Do you know what quality is?

@SOUTHie @UKBengali @pakistanipower @BDforever @DESERT FIGHTER @spectribution
Why do Indians talk about quality, I want to laugh? you can't blame me. If you are laughed at by a backward agricultural country, you are the same feeling.

Classic wumao troll, resorts to offtopic strawman arguments when the truth becomes too much to bear, you are fooling no one.

You are just pissed off because India's growth has surpassed China's.

Crashes happen in India because we train like that, high intensity, high stakes model, that puts enormous strain on the planes and on the pilot/s, we are not like you who do things half heartedly and just for show.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/04/30/can-chinas-top-guns-fly/

Child, both Tejas and Arjun are operational and not on paper better update your propaganda.

Also, big whoop you sold 3rd rate russian copy cat planes to 3rd world countries.
Here have a cookie or a 50 cent, whatever

You keep inundating the page with low quality chinese stuff, so what.
Again, like I said before you have NO alternative in your frigates for EL/M-2248 AESA radars, Barak-8 SAMs and Brahmos AShMs that are in ours.

But keep parading your stuff coz that's all they are in the end numerous, cheap and low quality.

And you are beggar of the world. :rofl:

You get best from both world? Rejected FC-1 and MBT-2000? Anything else? No Russian, No European, No Israeli, No US weapon? Is that best? We got Phalcon (that was once denied to China) we got P-8I, We got PAK FA, We got Rafale, we got S-400, we got Akula, We got Apace, and we are talking about Avenger and F-35.

We are the only nation have best American sub hunter and best Russian submarine. lol
Classic wumao troll, resorts to offtopic strawman arguments when the truth becomes too much to bear, you want you are fooling no one.

Crashes happen in India because we train like that, high intensity, high stakes model, that puts enormous strain on the planes and on the pilot/s, we are not like you who do things half heartedly and just for show.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/04/30/can-chinas-top-guns-fly/

Child, both Tejas and Arjun are operational and not on paper better update your propaganda.

Also, big whoop you sold 3rd rate russian copy cat planes to 3rd world countries.
Here have a cookie or a 50 cent, whatever

You keep inundating the page with low quality chinese stuff, so what.
Again, like I said before you have NO alternative in your frigates for EL/M-2248 AESA radars, Barak-8 SAMs and Brahmos AShMs that are in ours.

But keep parading your stuff coz that's all they are in the end numerous, cheap and low quality.
No, you still don't understand what I mean.
I say - the India people are cheap and inferior (After all, low life expectancy and 400 million illiteracy.).

Now, even if India is a BBB- country, China still does not stop helping India. In many ways, India relies on Chinese technology, including 5G networks, rail transit, renewable energy, infrastructure... Even weapon system.

Communication equipment.

5G deployment in India will happen in line with global timeline: Huawei

Rail traffic and train chips.

Chinese firm exports transistor chips for Indian locomotives

Exports eight-inch chips to India

CRRC Dalian obtains metro vehicle export order from Nagpur, India

China’s CRRC to provide 14 subway trains with 112 carriages to India

China set to export trains for Mumbai Metro Rail project

China's leading train manufacturer starts operation in India

Kolkata Metro Unveils Design of CNR Dalian Trains

Chinese Corporation CRRC to supply coaches to Nagpur Metro

Chinese firm gets Rs 604 contract for Mumbai metro rail proj

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_1_(Mumbai_Metro)

and, Delhi metro escalator also comes from the Chinese company - Canny.

http://www.canny-elevator.com/en/new_info.aspx?newsid=956&NewsCateId=168

Renewable energy.

China’s Sany Plans 1 GW Renewable Energy Capacity In India

Engineering equipment.

Sany India secure orders the maldives tens of millions of do

We even helped the India cannon reach the Saudi level.

Fake Chinese spares for indigenised Bofors guns

Now the India cannon is close to the Saudi level.

Saudis Use Chinese-made Cannons in Yemen

And the basis @Syama Ayas;India's B??? Missile is a copy of the Chinese missile(sorry, I forgot its name).

India should be more grateful to us. Because we help India missiles reach Turkey level!

Turkey Is Ready To Export Chinese Ballistic Missiles

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/we-help-india-so-much-why-dont-india-thank-us.534018/

Indian, international joke...:lol:

360截图20161006020936571.jpg

@cyclops Indians, knelt down to thank us. Please.:-)

Last edited:
poor boy and his Bolly logic :omghaha: no one asked for your Elite member material certificate :nhl_checking:

Wow... BDian talk of logic.... Kid why don't you go back from your first quote to me, loser.. did you think adding a smiley to your poor post changes anything :D

So you love Chinese missiles on this boat!! LoL the Anti-ship missile one it carries couldn't even bring down INS Hanit after taking a direct hit which is just 1,200ton corvette :omghaha::rofl:

Last edited:
Wow... BDian talk of logic.... Kid why don't you go back from your first quote to me, loser.. did you think adding a smiley to your poor post changes anything :D

So you love Chinese missiles on this boat!! LoL the Anti-ship missile one it carries couldn't even bring down INS Hanit after taking a direct hit which is just 1,200ton corvette :omghaha::rofl:
:lol: wanna be macho, why so much talk on taking out BN if it is nothing ? is it because you can't take on PN or PLAAN ? :rofl: looser has come to D*ck measure to show mightiness, first take care of Maldives who is giving you middle finger :sarcastic:

:lol: wanna be macho, why so much talk on taking out BN if it is nothing ? is it because you can't take on PN or PLAAN ? :rofl: looser has come to D*ck measure to show mightiness, first take care of Maldives who is giving you middle finger :sarcastic:

Nothing against BD but extremists like you are dangerous for all humanity. PN does not exists, their ships and submarines are less worth than one of our nuclear submarine. and PLAN ran away from Maldives when IN went there.

Nothing against BD but extremists like you are dangerous for all humanity.
yea I am the extremist who was responding an unwanted chest-thumping Indian :girl_wacko:. Do you realized that Indians are having a serious problem on the name of Patriotism ? On the name of Patriotism, showing arrogance and insult are only bringing hate toward Indians. The soon you realize this, will be better to fix the issue.

Last edited:
There seems to be some truth in your statement

The other day while researching on aerospace imports I noticed for 2016 China is the third largest importer world wide for Aircraft parts accounting to 9.2% of all imports globally for this category.

This begs the question why is China so heavily importing despite boasting capability to produce 5th gen fighters, passenger planes etc? Why is China's own aerospace industry unable to meet domestic demand?

This large imports can mean two things-
1. Like you said, Chinese aerospace parts are poor quality hence nobody including Chinese wants to use them given they value their life.
2. Most of the Chinese copycat fighters may not actually consist of Chinese parts and in the event of war, PLAAF will be running around like a headless chicken for spares.

upload_2018-2-28_2-37-20.png

India ranks 17th worldwide importing merely $2.9 billion compared to a whopping $22.8 billion for China.
upload_2018-2-28_2-37-54.png

@SOUTHie @Nilgiri @AyanRay @gslv mk3 @Roybot @Kinetic @spectribution Some data that might interest you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom