What's new

My Father Has Passed Away, Prayers Needed

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'un. My Father has passed away by the will of Allah Subhana Wa TaaAllah. May Allah Almighty's blessings be upon my father and Allah SWT grants him Janat Ul Firdous. Ameen.

May Allah Almighty’s mercy be upon all Muslims who have gone through this phase of ‘Intakaal’ and let us all be on the path of Allah SWT for our eternal salvation. Ameen. Ya Rabul Alameen !!!

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun.May Allah Subhanuwatala grant him Jannah.

I am sorry to hear that mate!!

I know its hard for you as I was in the same state few months ago..

All we can do is pray for him.. Take good care of your family..Your mother needed it.

May his soul rest in peace..

ALLAH unko Jannat ul Firdos main Jaga de ... Aur Apko Aur Apke Family ko Sabar Ataa Kare AMEEN ya RABUL AL AMEEN !!

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

O Allaah, forgive and have mercy upon him, excuse him and pardon him, and make honorable his reception. Expand his entry, and cleanse him with water, snow, and hail, and purify him of sin as a white robe is purified of stains. O Allah! Forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our men and our women. O Allah! Whomever you keep alive from us keep him alive on Islam, and whomever you take away from us, take him as a believer. O Allah! Do not leave us bereft of his good and do not send us astray after them. O Allah! Surely he is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

May ALLAH pardon him and Grant him Jannah.
:frown:

Sorry to hear of your loss, may his soul rest in peace and may God give you strength to bare this tragedy.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your family keep strong and may he live in your hearts forever.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun. May Allah bless his soul with eternal peace and grant high ranks in Jannah and give courage to his survivors. Ameen

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun, May Allah forgive his sins and grant him a place in Jannah .

Here are some authenic hadis which u can do as an ISALE-Sawab For your father
Among the deeds whose rewards we are allowed to give to the dead, or by means of which the dead can benefit from the actions of the living, are the following:

(i) Du’aa’
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who came after them say: “Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith…” [al-Hashr 59:10]

It was reported that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the death of the Negus, the king of Ethiopia, on the day that he died, and said, ‘Pray for forgiveness for your brother.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1236; Muslim, 951)

It was narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan said: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished burying someone who had died, he would stand over him and say, ‘Pray for forgiveness for your brother, and ask that he may be made steadfast, for even now he is being questioned.’”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3221. An-Nawawi classed the isnaad of this hadeeth as jayyid in al-Majmoo’, 5/292).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“The fact that the dead benefit from du’aa’s is indicated by the consensus of the ummah on offering du’aa’ for him during the janaazah (funeral) prayer, hence we know that du’aa’ benefits the deceased… This is supported by many ahaadeeth and is in fact is the whole point of praying for the deceased. The same applies to making du’aa’ for him after the burial, and making du’aa’ for them when visiting their graves.”

(al-Rooh, 118, 119)

(ii) Making up fasts that were obligatory upon the deceased because of vows, as expiation (kafaarah) and so on
It was reported from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies and had any fasts outstanding, his heir should observe those fasts on his behalf.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1851; Muslim, 1147)

It was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that a woman came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘My mother has died and she one month’s fasting outstanding.’ He said, ‘Do you not think that if she was in debt, you would pay it off for her?’ She said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The debt owed to Allaah is more deserving of being paid off.’”

(iii) Paying off debts

It was reported that Salamah ibn al-Akwa’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“We were sitting with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when a funeral bier was brought to him and they said, ‘Pray over him.’ He said, ‘Does he have any debts?’ They said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Has he left anything behind?’ They said, ‘No.’ So he prayed over him. Then another funeral bier was brought to him, and they said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, pray for him.’ He said, ‘Does he have any debts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Has he left anything behind?’ They said, ‘Three dinars.’ So he prayed over him. Then a third funeral bier was brought, and they said, ‘Pray for him.’ He said, ‘Has he left anything behind?’ They said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Does he have any debts?’ They said, ‘Three dinars.’ He said, ‘Pray for your companion.’ Abu Qutaadah said, ‘Pray for him, O Messenger of Allaah, and I will take care of his debt.’ So he prayed over him.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2169)

(iv) Fulfilling vows to do acts of worship

It was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that a woman from Juhaynah came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “My mother vowed to go for Hajj, but she did not go for Hajj before she died. Should I do Hajj on her behalf?” He said, “Yes, do Hajj on her behalf. Do you not think that if your mother was in debt you would pay it off for her? Pay off the debt that is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving that what is owed to Him should be paid off.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1754

(v) Performing Hajj on his behalf

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard a man saying “Labbayka ‘an Shubrumah (At your service, O Allaah, on behalf of Shubrumah).” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Who is Shubrumah?” He said, “A relative of mine.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Have you ever done Hajj before?” He said, “No.” he said, “Do this Hajj for yourself, then do Hajj on behalf of Shubrumah.”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1811; Ibn Maajah, 2903 – this version was narrated by him. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Irwaa’ al-Ghaleel, 4/171).

(vi) Righteous deeds done by the children of the deceased
Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Whatever righteous deeds the righteous son does, his parents will have a reward like his, without it detracting from his reward in the slightest, because their child is part of their striving and earning. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And that man can have nothing but what he does (good or bad)’ [al-Najm 53:39]. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The best that a man can benefit from is that which he earns, and his son is also part of his earnings.’ (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2/108; al-Nasaa’i, 2/211. Narrated and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, 2/287. There is a corroborating report in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr, which was narrated by Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and Ahmad (2/179, 204, 214) with a hasan isnaad).”

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'un. My Father has passed away by the will of Allah Subhana Wa TaaAllah. May Allah Almighty's blessings be upon my father and Allah SWT grants him Janat Ul Firdous. Ameen.

May Allah Almighty’s mercy be upon all Muslims who have gone through this phase of ‘Intakaal’ and let us all be on the path of Allah SWT for our eternal salvation. Ameen. Ya Rabul Alameen !!!

May your fathers soul rest in peace.... Please accept my condolences... very sad news....

My father passed away 4 months back, i know how it feels brother. May almighty gives you patience and strength.

May ALLAH (SWT) grants your father a place in paradise and May ALLAH (SWT) grants you and your family patience .

Back
Top Bottom