What's new

Muslims Against Crusades to be banned from midnight

Not really. He could be arrested on many offences. Breach of the peace, glorifying radicalism etc etc.

I can see why banning the Muslim group would be more essential than banning the EDL group.

If Choudary represents Muslims, the EDL would represent the Christians folk (or white take your pick).

Since Muslims are a minority, and from that minority a fraction would have been in the UK for a long time, it is likely a lot of non Muslim English people have never met a Muslim in their lives. Though the reverse where a Muslim will have met a Christian English person would be quite high. So the idea would be to feed all these Muslim horror stories aimed at that section of the population that haven't ever met a Muslim in the hope they can radicalize them. With the reverse, it doesn't really work since the Muslim minorities have in most cases already come into contact with the non Muslim populations.

It's, as usual, the western media being irresponsible and hoping to stoke the flames of Islamophobia.

I bet if they had stopped the people with "Behead" written on posters, a lot of islamophbia could have been avoided. Good that they have stopped these groups now.
These groups where doing a lot of damage to the good hard working muslims.

So if one person writes behead on a poster, that causes Islamophobia?

If one person writes behead on a poster and that causes Islamphobia, then the population already was Islamophobic to begin with.

So if one person writes behead on a poster, that causes Islamophobia?

If one person writes behead on a poster and that causes Islamphobia, then the population already was Islamophobic to begin with.
Well, imagine a few jews walking on streets of lahore calling to behead anybody who supports Palestinians.
Agreed that 9/11 is far greater reason for islamophobia, but by showing the posters, you are just confirming the reason for phobia.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Not really. He could be arrested on many offences. Breach of the peace, glorifying radicalism etc etc.
I think he has already been prosecuted for unlawful demonstration. But he has not done any major criminal act.

unemployed idiots, giving Muslims a bad name

all they do is shout slogans, what good or benefit do they bring

dont be daft, hinduguy. he could be arrested under any number of laws.

if a few jews were walking on the streets of lahore with behead slogans, i'd imagine they would get lynched unless the police protected them (but maybe they wouldnt also). If the population then became anti semitic because of the incident, then the population already was anti semitic.

If it were half the Jewish population then that might justify some sort of anti semitism being generated from such an incident.

These people are an embarrassment to Muslims!

These people don't represent the muslims, hence not an embarrassment, lets not associate with them. The number of people behind anjem choudary can literally be counted with the index, therefore not making sense to why such lunatics receive so much media coverage? I'll tell you why; here's an analogy... "Starve a dog for months, throw it a small bone and watch how it grinds it to mince. "

When propaganda starves; such lunatics will be all over the media, "representing the muslims..." Lets notmiss the elephant in the room, MEDIA.

unemployed idiots, giving Muslims a bad name

all they do is shout slogans, what good or benefit do they bring

In itself,the ideology of "Muslims against Crusades" is sound but it falters with it's methodology and ethics. Imagine a "Muslims against Crusades" with an anti-war ideology and all inclusive liberal public minus the Islamic rhetoric,then you have a real rebellion!!!

dont be daft, hinduguy. he could be arrested under any number of laws.

if a few jews were walking on the streets of lahore with behead slogans, i'd imagine they would get lynched unless the police protected them (but maybe they wouldnt also). If the population then became anti semitic because of the incident, then the population already was anti semitic.

If it were half the Jewish population then that might justify some sort of anti semitism being generated from such an incident.
I never said that one poster generated islamophobia. But surely in the UK, that caused a lot of harm to muslims.
They were already being suspected as such by other(starting from 9/11), 7/11 shattered british idea that educated british muslims are different.(from those poor and backward muslims from distant lands)
The posters just confirm the behaviour people have started to expect from muslims.

I dont think many muslims can claim islamophobia before 9/11 in the UK, but I may be wrong. Some UK born muslim can answer.

poor and backward is a relative concept. compared to the rest of the population most of these types probably would be poor and backward.

i don't see why you keep repeating the behead incident like it must have generated islamophobia? is it more that you wish it had? you sound awfully disappointed that it did not :coffee:

poor and backward is a relative concept. compared to the rest of the population most of these types probably would be poor and backward.

i don't see why you keep repeating the behead incident like it must have generated islamophobia? is it more that you wish it had? you sound awfully disappointed that it did not :coffee:
Because I live in uk, and have some idea of how people think and react, but then I could be wrong.
Rest of the post is personal, which is not worthy of an answer.
Now I feel stupid that I even replied to your earlier posts. Have a nice day.

Govt has to respect rule of law. I dont think UK govt is not arresting him because there will be opposition from muslims, it is because there is no evidence of his wrongdoing.
As long as he does not commit/help to commit a crime, he should be safe.

lol....

People have been arrested here and sentenced to jail for "terrorist like Internet chat"
This is a guy who is openly shouting hate on UK streets.,

A ban cannot silence Islam or the Muslims

Muslims Against Crusades would like to declare that we are hereby dissolved and will not be functioning as of tonight. We would also like to declare that the planned Hell for Heroes protest on 11th November 2011 has been cancelled and will not be going ahead tomorrow.

The banning of Muslims Against Crusades by Home Secretary Theresa May is a great victory for Islam and Muslims and highlights the sheer hatred the British government has towards sincere Muslims who wish to peacefully speak out against policies that are (from every angle) anti-Islam and anti-Muslim.

The planned Hell for Heroes demonstration has undoubtedly struck a raw nerve in parliament by exposing the blunt truth behind the poppy. The poppy, Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday are the fig leaves behind which war crimes committed by serving British soldiers are covered and justified; they are tools used by the government to shore up support for the war effort and garner sympathy for the ruthless British Armed Forces.

Muslims Against Crusades have always reiterated that we are a political and ideological platform that adheres to a strict covenant of security where the life and wealth of the non-Muslims with whom we live is protected in return for our life and wealth being protected. We were moreover considering relocating the demonstration or postponing it to avoid confrontation with groups such as the BNP and EDL who seemed bent on causing havoc.

However, it seems that a peaceful demonstration that was also given the green light by the Metropolitan police and regarded as completely legal was too much for the British government to swallow and the ugly of side of democracy (dictatorship) once again reared its ugly head.

The objective of the demonstration has therefore been achieved and the British government exposed.

Ironically MAC has been proscribed under terrorist legislation whereas when one looks at the definition of the term as ‘..using violence against a community or a section of the community for political purposes…’ then the biggest terrorists are the US and UK regimes in their foriegn policy of murder, torture and occupation and in their domestic policy through internment, stop and search, glorification (thought crime) laws etc… etc….

We would like to make it clear that the call for Islam will never be silenced by any ban or proscription. Rather we never called for the Shari’ah and defended Muslims around the world because the likes of Tony Blair or David Cameron wanted us to and we will never stop if they are unhappy with our call. Rather we pledge that our call and activities will see added momentum and zeal and that we will never rest until the flag of Islam flys high over Downing Street!

Anjem Choudary
Press spokesman for Muslims Against Crusades (MAC)

Source: alhittin.com/2011/11/11/a-ban-cannot-silence-islam-or-the-muslims

Back
Top Bottom