What's new

Muslims Against Crusades to be banned from midnight

Ahmad

Reaction score
The home secretary, Theresa May, has ordered Muslims Against Crusades, an Islamist group which is planning to disrupt Friday's Armistice Day ceremonies, be banned from midnight.

The organisation, which burned two large poppies near the Royal Albert Hall in London on Remembrance Day during the minute's silence last year, is a renamed successor to the already banned Islam4UK and other proscribed organisations. Anjem Choudary is a leading figure in both groups.

The immediate ban is part of the government's new drive to proscribe organisations that glorify terrorism in addition to those having direct links to terrorist groups.

The ban will make membership of Muslims Against Crusades a criminal offence.

May said: "I am satisfied Muslims Against Crusades is simply another name for an organisation already proscribed under a number of names including Al Ghurabaa, The Saved Sect, Al-Muhajiroun and Islam4UK. The organisation was proscribed in 2006 for glorifying terrorism and we are clear it should not be able to continue these activities by simply changing its name."

A parliamentary order was laid at Westminster on Thursday morning implementing the ban.

The group has often clashed with the English Defence League since it was set up last year. It has staged a pro-Bin Laden rally outside the US embassy. On the anniversary of 9/11 its members burned US flags and chanted through megaphones outside the embassy, disrupting a minute's silence by mourners at the nearby September 11 memorial garden.

A statement on the group's website said this year's Armistice Day would be marked by "a total lack of silence" by the Muslim community in Britain to highlight the continuing "atrocities" in Iraq and Afghanistan and the "brutal torture concentration camps of Guantánamo Bay and Abu Ghraib".

The "hell for heroes" protest planned for Friday was also scheduled to take place outside the Royal Albert Hall.

Choudary of Muslims Against Crusades said the decision was a "bid by the government to cover up the truth".

He said he did not know if a "hell for heroes" demonstration against Remembrance commemorations would now go ahead.

Responding to the ban, he said: "I think it is an abject failure of democracy and it is a victory for sharia Muslims. The truth is something the government would rather silence."

The Home Office said the decision was based on an assessment of the group's involvement in the glorification of terrorism and the evidence that it was another name for an already proscribed terrorist organisation.

The ban, which has been evoked under the Terrorism Act 2000, also makes it a criminal offence to "arrange a meeting in support of a proscribed organisation, or to wear clothing, or to carry articles in public which arouse reasonable suspicion that an individual is a member or supporter of the proscribed organisation"..

Muslims Against Crusades to be banned from midnight | UK news | The Guardian

Bunch of losers. The poppy burning was not right. It isnt meant just for British soldiers. Its meant for ALL soldiers that fought in wars for their countries. There is no room in the world for extremism and im pleased that these idiots will be stopped

I really wish this lunatic group and an "infant" Al-Quaida to be persecuted hard and sent to concentration chambers..Muslim like these are an embarrassment!

Terrible advertisement for the hard working majority of Muslims.Like Zabanya very nicely put it when in Rome.
What is mind boggling is they dont comprehend the harm this type of behavior does to our credibility internationally.

Anjum Choudry....UK's only ticket to the "Victims club".
No wonder he is not being arrested and jailed....I know some white non muslim native english guys who have been arrested then released without charge under terrorism act...Why cant Anjum Be arrested and locked up under the same act?
That will be end of Britain's membership of the prestigious Victims club....Same as Kassab is being kept alive so that indias membership of the Victims club remains.

I really wish this lunatic group and an "infant" Al-Quaida to be persecuted hard and sent to concentration chambers..Muslim like these are an embarrassment!

I have a better idea.

Let's send that troll Anjem to Guantanamo Bay :lol:

Anjum Choudry....UK's only ticket to the "Victims club".
No wonder he is not being arrested and jailed....I know some white non muslim native english guys who have been arrested then released without charge under terrorism act...Why cant Anjum Be arrested and locked up under the same act?
That will be end of Britain's membership of the prestigious Victims club....Same as Kassab is being kept alive so that indias membership of the Victims club remains.

if they arrest the guy, people like you and me will be the first to protest because Anjam brother was excersing his rights. There is Anjam type of guys and also EDL type of guys too, gov need to keep the balance.

What jokers man. Live in their country and disrespect their traditions? They should pack all EDL and these jokers into one big boat and send it out far into the Atlantic somewhere.

if they arrest the guy, people like you and me will be the first to protest because Anjam brother was excersing his rights. There is Anjam type of guys and also EDL type of guys too, gov need to keep the balance.

i dont know about you...but i will sent a kilo of sweets to whichever police force arrests him.

i dont know about you...but i will sent a kilo of sweets to whichever police force arrests him.

I am sure you know why i said you and I. It didnt have to be exactly you and I. There are alot of other freaks who will love A.C.

These people are an embarrassment to Muslims!

Still waiting for EDL to get banned...

I can see why banning the Muslim group would be more essential than banning the EDL group.

If Choudary represents Muslims, the EDL would represent the Christians folk (or white take your pick).

Since Muslims are a minority, and from that minority a fraction would have been in the UK for a long time, it is likely a lot of non Muslim English people have never met a Muslim in their lives. Though the reverse where a Muslim will have met a Christian English person would be quite high. So the idea would be to feed all these Muslim horror stories aimed at that section of the population that haven't ever met a Muslim in the hope they can radicalize them. With the reverse, it doesn't really work since the Muslim minorities have in most cases already come into contact with the non Muslim populations.

It's, as usual, the western media being irresponsible and hoping to stoke the flames of Islamophobia.

Govt has to respect rule of law. I dont think UK govt is not arresting him because there will be opposition from muslims, it is because there is no evidence of his wrongdoing.
As long as he does not commit/help to commit a crime, he should be safe.

Back
Top Bottom