What's new

Muslim women cannot object to husbands’ marriages: CII chief

This is out of topic. Plus, most of us won't be comfortable to be with the likes of Ghazni, Ghori, Abdali(oh wait), Baghdadi etc after death. Let's not derail this now. :D Please.

It is not whether you want to be with some 'men' of the past, although I wonder why you are obsessed with them. It is more to do with where you want to end up in the after life, if you even believe in that.

Mostly because women are easy targets and won't revolt to their crazy ideas. It's always the case that the weak are bullied on, unfortunately.

nope, they are protecting their doings and their actions

It is not this person but God that allows men to have up to 4 wives simultaneously. And it does not mean a free hand, there are stringent conditions.

Leaving the religious side of this aside, these laws were established in 7th century middle east when the mortality rate for men was shockingly high, life expectancy was some 25 years and population had to be somehow kept stable. To be applying these archaic laws to the modern age is a different story.

Whats gender ratio there ? God must have created four women per man according to sharia

No, I do not believe that to be the case. Besides, it is not an imposition or compulsion for every male to marry more then once.

Leaving the religious side of this aside, these laws were established in 7th century middle east when the mortality rate for men was shockingly high, life expectancy was some 25 years and population had to be somehow kept stable. To be applying these archaic laws to the modern age is a different story.

For us to debate on 'your' understanding of the human life cycle over the decades and balance of gender etc., I will have to put religion aside where as my whole argument is religion and my faith that my God knows more then I or anyone else can ever dream of knowing.

I'm sorry i could not find any reference and apologise to everyone and may allah forgive me..i just wrote without confirming what i heard from a few people
Thank you for asking that
The real answer is that it is preferable to ask the first wife but you need to fulfill some conditions laid out before you can marry that are you need to spend equal time with them you need to love them equally etc
My friend, you have potential to learn. Those who admit their mistakes are brave people and they learn and excel in their life. Let me summarize the issue at hand as follows:

1. Before Islam, among the pagan Arabs, there was no limit on how many wives one can take. Islam has restricted that to maximum of four wives.

2. The average lifespan of men in those days was short due to wars and diseases. As a result there were a lot of widows and many with little children. There existed no system such a social security hence to make the ends meet, these women would do prostitution or lived on alms . In both the instances, the kids would never gain a respectable position in the society.

3. To address this issue, and to raise the social/moral status of women, Islam allowed able men to marry up to 4 women.

4. There is no ayah or hadith that encourages Muslim men to take more than one wife. It is an allowance, not an encouragement. For instance, Hazrat Ali had only one wife (Fatima) until her death.

5. Permission from one's first wife to marry 2nd time is not mandatory but common sense and societal norms suggests that one should take his first or earlier wives in confidence and discuss the implications of the 2nd or more marriages.

6. A man must be able to take care of all his wives equally, both monetarily and physically.

7. Some men have higher libido than others and this is medically proven. In this case, it is preferable to satisfy one's urge from a wife rather than going to a brothel. However, it is only permissible if the point#6 is fulfillable.

8. Sometimes a wife is unable to bear a child for medical reasons. In that case, a man is allowed to marry a second woman so he could have children. Of course if the fault is in the husband, this cant be a valid reason.

May Allah help us understand the teachings of Islam in their true spirit.

Last edited:
No, I do not believe that to be the case. Besides, it is not an imposition or compulsion for every male to marry more then once.

For us to debate on 'your' understanding of the human life cycle over the decades and balance of gender etc., I will have to put religion aside where as my whole argument is religion and my faith that my God knows more then I or anyone else can ever dream of knowing.

It is impossible to have a logical argument with the religious mob. Read your own countryman's version :-

My friend, you have potential to learn. Those who admit their mistake are brave people and they learn and excel in their life. Let me summarize the issue at hand as follows:

2. The average lifespan of men in those days was short due to wars and diseases. As a result there were a lot of widows and many with little children. There existed no system such a social security hence to make the ends meet, these women would do prostitution or lived on alms . In both the instances, the kids would never gain a respectable position in the society.

3. To address this issue, and to raise the social/moral status of women, Islam allowed able men to marry up to 4 women.

So what he said is right ? I mean a muslim man can marry many 2-3 times and his wife can not object ? Is it in accordance with islamic teachings ?

Correct.

This is why India needs a common civil code.

These men make a mockery of themselves.

They are getting 'death' sentences now, aren't they? You are talking about the common Indian mass rapist, right?

It is impossible to have a logical argument with the religious mob. Read your own countryman's version :-

If you could point out a single 'irregularity' amongst our posts I would cede the argument. Hopefully, you will do likewise when you fail.

My friend, you have potential to learn. Those who admit their mistakes are brave people and they learn and excel in their life. Let me summarize the issue at hand as follows:

1. Before Islam, among the pagan Arabs, there was no limit on how many wives one can take. Islam has restricted that to maximum of four wives.

4. There is no ayah or hadith that encourages Muslim men to take more than one wife. It is an allowance, not an encouragement. For instance, Hazrat Ali had only one wife (Fatima) until her death.

5. Permission from one's first wife to marry 2nd time is not mandatory but common sense and societal norms suggests that one should take his first or earlier wives in confidence and discuss the implication of the 2nd or more marriages.

6. A man must be able to take care of all his wives equally, both monetarily and physically.

7. Some men have higher libido than others and this is medically proven. In this case, it is preferable to satisfy one's urge from a wife rather than going to a brothel. However, it is only permissible if the point#6 is fulfillable.

8. Sometimes a wife is unable to bear a child for medical reasons. In that case, a man is allowed to marry a second woman so he could have children. Of course if the fault is in the husband, this cant be a valid reason.

Thank you for detailing out all the points.

Last edited:

5. Permission from one's first wife to marry 2nd time is not mandatory but common sense and societal norms suggests that one should take his first or earlier wives in confidence and discuss the implication of the 2nd or more marriages.

There are dozens other things said in kuran lekin musalmaan ka imaan aurat par aakar hi pakka hota hein.

Mai apna naam change karke rakhunga Bijay Khan aur uske baad 4-5 shaadi karunga. maje se.

After being educated so often and in abundance you have to prove yourself a **** Indian by posting about the 5th marriage!!

Could you also post verses that tell men to be honest, truthful,fair, kind and not hurt a fellow human being.

.. and then comment on how many mullahs follow this with the same zeal with which they seek 4 wives !

The holy book's teaching cannot be followed selectively.

You are correct that the holy books teachings cannot be followed selectively. However, they selectively cannot be ignored either to justify something else. I mean you cannot tell some one to not do something that is allowed to him because he doesn't do something else that he is supposed to do.

If you could point out a single 'irregularity' amongst our posts I would cede the argument. Hopefully, you will do likewise when you fail.

We keep going back to the same state. These laws are archaic. What was applicable in the 7th century is no longer applicable. These ideas on 4 wives (instead of 50) were revolutionary idea when it was introduced in the 7th century to the middle east - but now, no more. The world has moved on and so should you.

I do not think Pakistani people would agree with such a thing. I mean this is degrading to women and treating them as not human.

God, how pathetic your ignorance is.

Do you even know what respect women are given in Islam? Let me give you a single example, Islam says that the Paradise lies under the feet of one's mother. That is the importance of a woman as a mother and it continues with wives, sisters and daughters in different levels.

Do you even know what respect women are given in Islam? Let me give you a single example, Islam says that the Paradise lies under the feet of one's mother. That is the importance of a woman as a mother and it continues with wives, sisters and daughters in different levels.

Every culture and religion says this. Islam is no different.

5. Permission from one's first wife to marry 2nd time is not mandatory but common sense and societal norms suggests that one should take his first or earlier wives in confidence and discuss the implications of the 2nd or more marriages.

Thank you for such a detailed answer may Allah bless you and yes all your points make perfect sense as at the time men used to marry as many women as they could afford and islam put an end to it! Thanks once again

We keep going back to the same state. These laws are archaic. What was applicable in the 7th century is no longer applicable. These ideas on 4 wives (instead of 50) were revolutionary idea when it was introduced in the 7th century to the middle east - but now, no more. The world has moved on and so should you.

The world has indeed moved on but neither has God or His instructions.

As I said before that multiple wives is not a compulsion and most Muslims have only 1 wife. But going by the world example, as the world has moved on to, say, gay marriages, I am not forcing you to find a suitable gay man for yourself just because that is now supposedly 'allowed'. By the same logic, you should not be deciding what I should or should not do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom