What's new

Motorcycle industry enters 500CC era

This RE cafe racer from 1964

Yes it sells without satisfaction!

You Bengalis are not worth spitting when it comes to motorcycling . Go ride your rickshaw. You might earn enough by evening to have some bhat macchi.
Top tier wojak moment. Thanks for proving my point baniya
EFF4A4A3-EC43-42D7-8CD9-82CA7B1B3145.jpeg

Sales numbers mean they're selling more bikes than before and it's getting more and more popular🤣 It's not rocket science and nobody starts a forum to discuss "oi my chaddi wasn't the right size". You should stick to things you have a clue about and leave motorcycling to the pros. For someone who is making a thread about first time getting 250+CC bikes in your country you whine a lot.
Lol 😂 this guy is full of himself.

Fifty six inch chest still inflated with gas I see.

Last time I checked - your POS mega-$hithole was poorer than ours nominal per capita GDP-wise, and was projected to remain that way for at least a decade (and maybe for good too). Since you're a Bhakt- I guess you can Google that and check it out.

So Einstein....that means we can sure as hell afford equal or better $hit than you.

Just eff off with your fake Bhakt bravado and chest beating, no takers here....

And another proud "Salaam Lo" moment for your $hithole, the glory-land of inno-vay-sun!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/2021...-behind-pakistan-nepal-and-bangladesh.726034/
I'm supposed to believe your BBS(Bangla BS) statistics.

Besides why are we even discussing GDP and what not. You sound triggered. Enjoy your first rides on 500 CC bikes. I hope YouTube don't flood with BD types getting knocked out by mere 500 CC thumpers. I'm sure RE is going to sell so many bikes in BD😁 Perpetual whining will continue.

It's not rocket science and nobody starts a forum to discuss "oi my chaddi wasn't the right size". You should stick to things you have a clue about and leave motorcycling to the pros.

That's a sick burn, man. :lol:

Anyway idk what the likes of @Bilal9 & @mmr are complaining about. Indian firms have cornered a whopping 74% of Bangladesh's puny 3 lakh sales per year motorcycle market.

As of right before the pandemic, Bajaj had a staggering 53% market share followed by TVS at 12%, Runner at 8%, Walton at 6%, Hero Honda at 9%, and others at 12%.

What a thread! The title reads 'Motorcycle industry enters 500CC era', while the discussion is entering 500BC era.

Jokes apart, there is nothing British about RE since decades. In the entire subcontinent we have companies that continue carrying their imperial era names for the sake of brand recall and a certain image, whatever it may be. There are such companies in all industries - FMCG, construction, consulting etc. The management, shareholding and work culture are entirely south Asian. I am sure they are such companies in Bangladesh too.

Reliability of RE is not great, but then we must understand that people who are buying these are used to the reliability of TVS, Hero, Bajaj, Suzuki, Honda etc. Reliability of Harleys and Triumphs is not that great either. Such cult vehicles somehow lack reliability. Jeep is known to have terrible reliability in the US. Moreover, Americans are more DIY in nature and like fixing snags on their own. Indians like to hand over everything to a mechanic and RE kind of vehicles can get irksome at times.

REs are fantastic value for the price. Their complete dominance in the segment is one the reasons Harley could not survive in India. The most expensive RE costs about Rs 300,000 while Harleys started at a million. Their sales increased manifold in the early 2000s because of 2 reasons - easy finance (EMIs) and rise of an offroading / cruising culture. Earlier people thought 10 times before plonking Rs 200,000 for a two-wheeler when 50K more could buy them a Maruti Alto. All that has changed now.

What a thread! The title reads 'Motorcycle industry enters 500CC era', while the discussion is entering 500BC era.

Jokes apart, there is nothing British about RE since decades. In the entire subcontinent we have companies that continue carrying their imperial era names for the sake of brand recall and a certain image, whatever it may be. There are such companies in all industries - FMCG, construction, consulting etc. The management, shareholding and work culture are entirely south Asian. I am sure they are such companies in Bangladesh too.

Reliability of RE is not great, but then we must understand that people who are buying these are used to the reliability of TVS, Hero, Bajaj, Suzuki, Honda etc. Reliability of Harleys and Triumphs is not that great either. Such cult vehicles somehow lack reliability. Jeep is known to have terrible reliability in the US. Moreover, Americans are more DIY in nature and like fixing snags on their own. Indians like to hand over everything to a mechanic and RE kind of vehicles can get irksome at times.

REs are fantastic value for the price. Their complete dominance in the segment is one the reasons Harley could not survive in India. The most expensive RE costs about Rs 300,000 while Harleys started at a million. Their sales increased manifold in the early 2000s because of 2 reasons - easy finance (EMIs) and rise of an offroading / cruising culture. Earlier people thought 10 times before plonking Rs 200,000 for a two-wheeler when 50K more could buy them a Maruti Alto. All that has changed now.

I know some Indians have a lot of money now (yes even large number of dehati IT idiots who used to eat off of tin plates).

But that is not the point.

The point was that some of your dehati chest-beaters were boasting that an RE could take on a Harley Davidson and are in the same class as a motorcycle.

They are not. Please do more studying about what Harleys actually are and where they stand, even with the difference between cruisers and cafe racers.

Harleys are Harleys, their price belies a lifestyle which Sanghis cannot fathom an iota of. In fact no Sanghi who hasn't lived in the US for at least a couple of decades can "get it".

Price has zero to do with it. 3 lakhs, 10 lakhs, who cares? Like I always say, Sanghis know the price of everything and the value of nothing...

No American in the market for a Harley is looking for Kanjoosi-minded "Fantastic Value", they are looking for the real thing. Don't confuse the rest of the globe for having the same mindset as Indians do.

Let any Sanghi Indian show up at a Harley convention with an RE some time - they will get tarred and feathered very quickly, after being beat up black and blue....

I know some Indians have a lot of money now (yes even large number of dehati IT idiots who used to eat off of tin plates).

But that is not the point.

The point was that some of your dehati chest-beaters were boasting that an RE could take on a Harley Davidson and are in the same class as a motorcycle.

They are not. Please do more studying about what Harleys actually are and where they stand, even with the difference between cruisers and cafe racers.

Harleys are Harleys, their price belies a lifestyle which Sanghis cannot fathom an iota of. In fact no Sanghi who hasn't lived in the US for at least a couple of decades can "get it".

Price has zero to do with it. 3 lakhs, 10 lakhs, who cares? Like I always say, Sanghis know the price of everything and the value of nothing...

No American in the market for a Harley is looking for Kanjoosi-minded "Fantastic Value", they are looking for the real thing. Don't confuse the rest of the globe for having the same mindset as Indians do.

Let any Sanghi Indian show up at a Harley convention with an RE some time - they will get tarred and feathered very quickly, after being beat up black and blue....
Yup thats what my posts were about. No one gives shit about made in India motor cycle in Canada or USA. But not just motorcycle wtf they manufacture that we buy on daily basis. I go to any superstore its all made in china or mexico or usa or south east asia. Just empty chest thumping to gain some market share in BD lol. ya that wont make india the wet dream supa pawa these slum dogs trying to make.

Indian might get market mostly in third world countries. Even those third world many of them will eventually start manufacturing there own.

CountryConsumer Spending (in USD billion)Population (in million)
Bangladesh68.62164.67
India296.001,299.00
Pakistan79.3208.00
Indian might get market mostly in third world countries. Even those third world many of them will eventually start manufacturing there own.

This has been known historically. Bangladeshi consumer spending on FMCG products and consumables is almost double per capita that of India. The figure was from 2018 which has gone up even more now. We aren't Kanjoosis like Indian Sanghis are. Neither are Pakistanis.

See my point I've been making all these years and that Banyas in India have known too? They'd rather export to Bangladesh than sell locally.

With time Indian imports will be replaced by local products I'm sure, unless they have already.

It's our market at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Indian might get market mostly in third world countries. Even those third world many of them will eventually start manufacturing there

I guess you mistook your swamp for our country. It was you who tried to export Runner or jumper or whatever crappy brand to Nepal :rofl:

And exported 648K worth of crap. Can't make this up lol...

Meanwhile we are doing this.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 tops UK sales chart - Autocar Professional

Is Turkey a part of third world as well??

Meanwhile you and your ilk can take pride in finding a "Made in Bangladesh" tag in budget undies for sale in Walmart store. :rofl:
Just empty chest thumping to gain some market share in BD lol.

Wut? Are you talking about that 3 lakh motorcycles per year puny slumdog market where we already have 74% market? :rofl:

As of right before the pandemic, Bajaj had a staggering 53% market share followed by TVS at 12%, Runner at 8%, Walton at 6%, Hero Honda at 9%, and others at 12%.

And that's 1/9th of us per capita. Talk about consumption, lol. 🤣🤣🤣

CountryConsumer Spending (in USD billion)Population (in million)
Bangladesh68.62164.67
India296.001,299.00
Pakistan79.3208.00

This has been known historically. Bangladeshi consumer spending on FMCG products and consumables is almost double per capita that of India. The figure was from 2018 which has gone up even more now. We aren't Kanjoosis like Indian Sanghis are. Neither are Pakistanis.

See my point I've been making all these years and that Banyas in India have known too? They'd rather export to Bangladesh than sell locally.

With time Indian imports will be replaced by local products I'm sure, unless they have already.

It's our market at the end of the day.
Not sure about bd. I left bd as a kid. Even bd import from third world india i think in long term its better to focus on trade ties with far east asian countries.

But here in canada only thing i ever seen made in india is cheap garments and some food items that also only limited to desi shops. Now compare that with china or Mexico or even Vietnam.

If you go to home depot most are now made in Mexico or china.

This has been known historically. Bangladeshi consumer spending on FMCG products and consumables is almost double per capita that of India.

Lol, that's really believable Billy-Boy. Especially when we consume 9X the number of motorcycles, 5X smartphones by value & 2.5X energy when compared to you per capita. :rofl:

Wait, did you just post this data from this Bangladeshi source as authentic & believable?? :woot:

IMG_20211030_093007.jpg

No one believes data from Raqibuls and Asraruls, Billy-boy.

Yup, that's why exports to your little swamp are a little more than 2% of our total merchandise exports. And the 300K bike sales country would be such a huuuuuge market... :lol:

Are your ilk mathematically challenged or something? I can't believe that anyone with a working brain will believe the crap you spew.

Last edited:
But here in canada only thing i ever seen made in india is cheap garments and some food items that also only limited to desi shops. Now compare that with china or Mexico or even Vietnam

Indian exports to a developed Market (The US): tens of billions worth of Pharma, Auto & Machinery exports.

IMG_20211030_102937.jpg

Bangladeshi exports to the US: Cheap RMG.

IMG_20211030_103402.jpg

I HaVE nEvER seEN anything logic contradicts reality, as expected. Can't expect better from the new face of poverty in North America, lol.

Not sure about bd. I left bd as a kid. Even bd import from third world india i think in long term its better to focus on trade ties with far east asian countries.

But here in canada only thing i ever seen made in india is cheap garments and some food items that also only limited to desi shops. Now compare that with china or Mexico or even Vietnam.

If you go to home depot most are now made in Mexico or china.

Well I have to second that. I have seen little if any products of any quality or relevance in the US market except some clothes and towels.

India in my opinion will never become an export juggernaut like China. They simply do not possess the discipline and the guts to tackle exports. Whatever they export, it is because foreigners came in and set up shop as a part of local sales. Like cheap sub-1000 cc tinpot vehicles made in India for local use (unsafe as hell in accidents). And motorcycles, some appliances and Pharma to 3rd world countries like Africa.

CountryConsumer Spending (in USD billion)Population (in million)Bangladesh68.62164.67India296.001,299.00Pakistan79.3208.00

You made this table here instead of posting a screenshot because the source is full of errors and blunders, right?

The original table, from your report:

IMG_20211030_104803.jpg

GDP from Manufacturing for Bangladesh: $0.24 billion, GDP from services $1.54 billion... :rofl: This is coming from EBL Securities limited, not pretending-to-be-market-analysts lightcastle BD.

How does your ilk believe these people with their money? Like seriously?

Needless to say the consumer spending shown there (supposedly only FMCG) is far more than the entire industrial output of Bangladesh.

You got any more funny data like this? Hilarious stuff, really... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom