What's new

Modi sulking over Pakistan internationalizing Kashmir Dispute

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yet Indian members keep telling us of 'what a great triumph in diplomacy' Modi's unprovoked ceasefire violations across the LoC/WB have been, and how Pakistan "internationalizing the Kashmir issue and the LoC violations by India" reflects "Pakistan's pain" - the pain over "internationalization" appears to be one suffered by Modi and Company, as can be seen from the following, in addition to previous statements by the Indian EA spokesperson and various BJP leaders.

Official sources said that if a structured dialogue between Modi and Sharif happens, the Indian PM will do some tough talking on the Kashmir issue in the backdrop of Hurriyat-Islamabad links, repeated violations along the border in Jammu and Kashmir and attempts to internationalise Kashmir through UN and public rallies in Europe.

New Delhi is peeved with sudden spurt in efforts by Islamabad to internationalise the Kashmir issue at international fora.

Read more at:
PM Narendra Modi may tell Nawaz Sharif to refrain from internationalising Kashmir - The Economic Times

Last edited:
Modi is bad at foriegn relations as is proven from the pak-russian alliance in making for Afghanistan with china as a addition.

Modi instead of solving will in turn create more trouble in Indian occupied kashmir because of extreme hatred toward him which will increase more after his party win in IOK through rigging

Yet Indian members keep telling us of 'what a great triumph in diplomacy' Modi's unprovoked ceasefire violations across the LoC/WB have been, and how Pakistan "internationalizing the Kashmir issue and the LoC violations by India" reflects "Pakistan's pain" - the pain over "internationalization" appears to be in Modi and Co.'s unmentionables:

Modi is great at diplomacy..I am sure many pakistanis would agree on this.

on topic is seems more like india saying...you talk kashmir in UN, then forget talking with india

this is not a request... as u like to put it and why change the heading ?
I didn't quote the entire article - I quoted a specific excerpt I wanted to discuss, and the title of the thread is in support of the excerpt and my comments.

on topic is seems more like india saying...you talk kashmir in UN, then forget talking with india
Modi himself stopped the bilateral dialog - Pakistan escalated her efforts to internationalize the issue after Modi's cancellation, so in reality it is Modi and the Indian government that is being given an ultimatum - "if you want Pakistan to not internationalize the Kashmir Dispute, then the onus is on India to request Pakistan for a restart of the bilateral dialog cancelled by Modi".

Yet Indian members keep telling us of 'what a great triumph in diplomacy' Modi's unprovoked ceasefire violations across the LoC/WB have been, and how Pakistan "internationalizing the Kashmir issue and the LoC violations by India" reflects "Pakistan's pain" - the pain over "internationalization" appears to be in Modi and Co.'s unmentionables:
"May Tell"... I wonder what these words mean as per English Dictionary.
"May Meet"...."May Smile"..."May Shake Hand"... Much ado over "May"

I didn't quote the entire article - I quoted a specific excerpt I wanted to discuss, and the title of the thread is in support of the excerpt and my comments.

yeah we can always talk about few lines..u clearly avoid to mention the part which says PM will do some tough talking.. :lol:

too many insecurities

@Oscar @Chak Bamu

check the heading

Modi himself stopped the bilateral dialog - Pakistan escalated her efforts to internationalize the issue after Modi's cancellation, so in reality it is Modi and the Indian government that is being given an ultimatum - "if you want Pakistan to not internationalize the Kashmir Dispute, then the onus is on India to request Pakistan for a restart of the bilateral dialog cancelled by Modi".

As far as I perceive, indian government would not like to talk with pak for another 10 or so years or until the time india would become powerful enough to dictate term on kashmir. india would look to all kind of excuses it can find to not talk to pak. pak talking to separatists, pak internationalizing kashmir are some of them.

"May Tell"... I wonder what these words mean as per English Dictionary.
"May Meet"...."May Smile"..."May Shake Hand"... Much ado over "May"
I didn't say anything about the "may" - I am pointing to the fact that the Modi government quite apparently did not anticipate Pakistan escalating the Kashmir Dispute and recent Indian ceasefire violations internationally, as is also obvious by the comments made by the Indian EA spokesperson asking Pakistan to refrain from raising the issue internationally.

yeah we can always talk about few lines..u clearly avoid to mention the part which says PM will do some tough talking.. :lol:
Modi can do all the "tough talking he wants" - at the end of the day, no matter how you want to describe it, the Indian government will essentially be asking Pakistan to not internationalize the Kashmir Dispute, and for Pakistan to agree, India will have to request Pakistan for a restart to the bilateral dialog.

See, while Modi fanboys might think otherwise, in international diplomacy, a man 'puffing out his 56 inch chest and talking loudly to the premier of another country' is not going to change national policy. India will have to offer a qui pro quo (if it really wants Pakistan to stop internationalizing the Kashmir dispute) which means backing off Modi's policy of escalation with Pakistan.

I didn't say anything about the "may" - I am pointing to the fact that the Modi government quite apparently did not anticipate Pakistan escalating the Kashmir Dispute and recent Indian ceasefire violations internationally, as is also obvious by the comments made by the Indian EA spokesperson asking Pakistan to refrain from raising the issue internationally.

Message from India is simple... Go and do whatever you want... the solution will eventually happen if you talk to India... so any ranting world over is just hot air to comfort a select local audience. But we understand the situation that Nawaz Sharif is in ...too much internal pressure..so he needed an outlet...and what could be a better outlet then time tested Kashmir ranting.

A question Pakistani's need to ask themselves after a month long global ranting spree:
1. Did the world take notice?
2. Anyone said any statement against India's stand?
3. Has Pakistani position improved in world arena?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom