What's new

MIG-35 over FC-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In context of the current topic, this is also worth reviewing ... a senior member H.Khan of the PakDef forum, has posted the following ...

Some days old news: PAF Air Vice Marshall Sohail Aman, Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations) is in the US. Yesterday he visited Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona. He'll be traveling to LM plant at DFW, also PAF is planning to acquire 17 more Jordanian F-16s and 14 from another source.

PAF and China now in negotiation to co-develop/produce FC-20 at PAC. FC-20 is third version of original J-10A. Chengdu has already told PLAAF that in its present facilities it can't manage the orders that PLAAF has placed. Few factors have stalled FC-20 are financial, WS-10 has not developed into a performance based engine, if the present engine is used then the both China and Pakistan have to conduct negotiations with Russia.

There are three different versions of J-10. J-10A (present production), J-10B (Testing phase) and FC-20.

Since there are production capacity issues with J-10, PLAN has received only enough aircrafts for one regiment and it is pushing to get more J-10 at faster rate which is not possible. PLAN has started to look at FC-1/JF-17 to fill the gap for its needs. If this goes through the order for FC-1/JF-17 would be close to 300 aircrafts. ...

1-Dont spoil the thread by discussing "Budget Constraints" here. Economy is recovering. And we have to procure new platform even if we need to allocate funds by cutting back from some other sectors .Whatever budget related stuff comes to mind please dont discuss here. So if you believe that defence is not necessary please dont spoil the thread.
Bro we cannot hoodwink the reality. What do you think if we have $ why dont we go for Rafales, Typhoons? or even put R&D and make our own jets? I prefer 3rd option and same is going on with JF platform. Not coutnry is reliable except we ourselves.
Sorry for lil bit spoiling :)

Last few years, Pakistan tried to get defense contracts with Russia but not achievement yet so far. Pakistan's ZERO experiences with Russia SU/MIG generation airforces.

Pakistani F-16 pilots are flying Chinese Su-30s in China so Pakistan have experience with Russian planes.

But I can't understand why Mig-35?? what it offer which F-16 don't offer?? Migs are maintenance frenzy planes too with low engine life.

Only possible reason of going for a MIG-35 may be is full TOT with some of its systems going in JF-17s with western AESA radar like vixon 1000 or better for both planes.

:rofl::rofl:

JF-17 Block 3 possible will have IRST black mole on their nose near future, it is some funds issues I think.
It is a question of priorities. At this point in timePAF s priority is fleet replacement to circumvent block obsolescence. To replace the 3rd Gen. planes with BVR Capable 4th generation fighters. IRST is not PAFs priority. Once we are closer to achieving our aims IRST will also make its appearance.
Araz

Bro we cannot hoodwink the reality. What do you think if we have $ why dont we go for Rafales, Typhoons? or even put R&D and make our own jets? I prefer 3rd option and same is going on with JF platform. Not coutnry is reliable except we ourselves.
Sorry for lil bit spoiling :)
I put Full stop on this BUDGET discussion for the same reason you posted this stupid comment. plz no offense bro. Rafale and Typhoon are almost 100m a piece. same goes for own funded R&D that will cost atleast 700m to 1b.
while mig 35 is just there for around 30m a piece. totally illogocal what you just said. i will not argue more here. hope you get the logic. we have funds to buy planes in 30m to 40m range. Already we are procuring our JF17 cost us 20 to 25m a piece.
Enough said

Last edited:
I put sull stop on this BUDGET discussion for the same reason you posted this stupid comment. plz no offense bro. Rafale and Typhoon are almost 100m a piece. same goes for own funded R&D that will cost atleast 700m to 1b.
while mig 35 is just there for around 30m a piece. totally illogocal what you just said. i will not argue more here. hope you get the logic. we have funds to buy planes in 30m to 40m range. Already we are procuring our JF17 cost us 20 to 25m a piece.
Enough said

Can you post the life cycle cost of MIG-35? MIGs are very expensive to operate, even if you compare them with F-16s.

Any senior member will pit some light on this issue?
So far Just Russophobia and Trollopedia.
Only few concrete points are made so far.
Like What will be Russian response and how to approach them for such a deal.

And i add a point. The cost of adding a new infrastructure and Training for a new platform. But this will be the case in procuring any other platform. Member please Tag some senior members here and conclude this thread. Post only if there is something concerete and significant.

Can you post the life cycle cost of MIG-35? MIGs are very expensive to operate, even if you compare them with F-16s.
Now thats a valid point. Well i am no expert in maintenance. Experts will look into it of cource. But i believe this Maintenance issue, it is more about proper training of technical staff instead of actual maintenance process. And this issue is always raised by Indians.
Indians always blame russians that There planes are DIFFICULT to maintain. While Chinese have no problem with it. They cry over mig21 and its MAINTENANCE vows while same model F7 made it perfectly with PAF.
This seems more of a Political Problem to me then technical. And as i said. We will have a customized version with customized avionics and specifications that suit our Requirements better.

My two cents? I think I would go with the J-10/F-20. Better avionics and radar and I am guessing that China generally has better customer support and that is critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom