What's new

MiG-29 and its variants in Indian defence

As a stop gap I wouldn't mind a Airforce version of the Mig29K's as MRCA stop gap as the line is still functional, and we have logistics to support the units.

Yeah,
It's correct, but I have a different analogy.
In my opinion, Navy should acquire 2 more sqds of Mig29K, and IAF should then withdraw MKI from Maritime strike role.
IAF currently operates 2 Su30MKI sqds and 1 Jaguar Sqd in Naval role.
If Navy acquires at least 30 More Mig29Ks, then we can shift the sukhois towards the more important North Eastern sector.

Yeah,
In my opinion, Navy should acquire 2 more sqds of Mig29K, and IAF should then withdraw MKI from Maritime strike role.
If Navy acquires at least 30 More Mig29Ks, then we can shift the sukhois towards the more important North Eastern sector.

i think they are going for 48 more mig 29 for navy , read it somewhere.

It's wrong to consider the I.N.A.W. Mig-29Ks to be a part of the I.A.F. fleet.Yeah,you could say that in absolute term we will have a total of 111 Mig-29s of different versions in a matter of a year:-)

Yes but in end they are owned by US......

Now take a look at mys statement

So ultimately we will have more than 100 MiG 29s.........

Yeah,
going for more mig29k will be a wrong move .........will have hard time fighting against any J-XX

Mig 29k is short legged both in technology and performance compared to J-XX and will remain only relevant unto 2025........

Rather going for 2/3 sqd Su-35 or pakfa will be more tactical and strategic move.......it will able to fight

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom