What's new

MF Husain would no longer be an Indian-Sad Day for Secular India

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. As per my logic whether a muslim or a hindu makes such a picture, they should be treated equally in a secular country.

In the case of MF Hussain, he is being attacked while dozens/hundreds of similar works by hindus available publicly for everyone to see are going unpunished.

TechLahore....It seems that even after being provided a very spot on answer by Spitfighter....you still continue to play dumb....

a) India is a secular country by constitution....means that every Indian is free to practice their personal religion as and how they please.....and that the Indian Govt. will protect an individuals right to do so....
b) Secularism is not a law such as monogamy that can be enforced on people...I hope you understand the difference...Individuals and people are allowed to make choices based on their own ideals, morals, religious views/beliefs
c) Secularism does not mean that individuals can make offensive depictions of gods of other religions without taking into consideration religious sensitivity

Now which part of this is so difficult to understand that makes you question India's secular credentials.....

If people on an individual basis want to make a hue and cry about MF Hussain and his paintings....thats their choice.....Indian Govt has provided ample security to MF Hussain....he should be happy he is alive....speaks enough for our tolerance....

If people choose not to create a brouhaha over other hindus making paintings similar to MF Hussain, then thats their choice....their hypocrisy.....Our govt will protect those that need protection....obviously you dont expect the GOI to ask people to turn to anger and violence to keep parity between MFH and other hindu painters?

Now the point is.....India as a nation is secular by constitution and our Supreme Courts upholds it.....there are people of all views and opinions, some extreme, others moderate.....that are free to think, react and vocalize their opinions...so where is the question of "metting out different treatment to Hindus and Muslims" wrt GOI?

Do you read history? Do you know gujrat riots started after burning karsevaks alive . Previously they used to get away by rioting.
Now they will think 100time before they start. See there are not many riots after gujrat.

If you say so... the indian muslims had a different account...

Did muslims also initiate the destruction of the Samjhota express? Did they initiate the destruction of the Babari mosque at the hands of the BJP?

If you think muslims are the cause of every ill in India, please come out and say so. You are entitled to your opinion.

Are you referring to Muslims? The 1400 year reference seems to suggest so. If that is the case, then I would simply point you to your nearest history book. Of these 1400 years, muslims ruled parts or all of India for about 1,000. So maybe in your eyes that was not worthwhile, but then I don't have such a low opinion of the original inhabitants of the sub continent to agree to such a view.

The landmark that India is known for - the Taj - was designed, architected and conceived by Muslims. You still earn foreign exchange due to it. Perhaps to you it is worthless, but to the rest of the world it is the cover of every book about India. You can let the hatred consume you, or you can see reality for what it is.

Do you read history? If you are in indian subcontinent means your forefather are hindus. Unlike us, some people converted for money, job and fear.

TechLahore....It seems that even after being provided a very spot on answer by Spitfighter....you still continue to play dumb....

No, it's just that you are willing to defend the indefensible. But that's ok. I leave the argument at its merit and people can read the thread and come to their own conclusions.

Now the point is.....India as a nation is secular by constitution and our Supreme Courts upholds it.....there are people of all views and opinions, some extreme, others moderate.....that are free to think, react and vocalize their opinions...so where is the question of "metting out different treatment to Hindus and Muslims" wrt GOI?

If only it was that clear cut, clean and simple. Modi, after having a major role in the Gujarat riots, was re-elected and has become even more popular. In contrast, no right-wing religious party in Pakistan has even come close to forming a government. And we don't even claim our country to be secular.

The people that destroyed the Babri masjid were elected to the Federal government in India... if that is moderation and secularism, then I clearly have a lot to learn about both these concepts in the Indian context.

Do you read history? If you are in indian subcontinent means your forefather are hindus. Unlike us, some people converted for money, job and fear.

Actually, no I don't have any hindu lineage. Not that I think that's a bad thing. I just happen to not have that in my background.

It's interesting that you mention conversions due to fear... ever read the history of the Aryan conquest of the sub continent and how they beat the crap out of the local dravidians and imposed their belief system on them?

If you say so... the indian muslims had a different account...

Did muslims also initiate the destruction of the Samjhota express? Did they initiate the destruction of the Babari mosque at the hands of the BJP?

If you think muslims are the cause of every ill in India, please come out and say so. You are entitled to your opinion.

No need to explain you. You have your mind fixed.

Please read history thats all I can say.

Pakistani sold it soul for few $$ and F16. Ready to kill/support 1000s muslims in afghan and its own people. It is talking about indian muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom