What's new

MF Husain would no longer be an Indian-Sad Day for Secular India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindus can do whatever they want to. It's none of your business. MF Hussain was not a Hindu. He was a Muslim drawing nude Hindu Godesses. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. You wont find such pictures of Sita or Saraswati. Have some decency TL.
How would you feel if a **** citizen who was a Hindu made drawings of your prophet with his 6 yr old wife ? Would your country make him the promises that India made to MF Hussain EVEN WHEN most Indians don't want him ?

I think your point is valid TechLahore ...

I find hindu nude sculptures all over the world ...

They are just totally confusing , when a western scholor does it they all will attend the , public gathering open bottle of champaign and celebrate in the achivement and call it art , when Mr Hussain did it , obivously and indian , they they have issues

Criticize the guy , if he was doing anything different these pictures and arts are part of Hindu culture too bad its not main stream but
people who study history and specially relics will attest that yes hindu culture has these art exhibits ...

In any case - I am not gona say nothing more - :pop:

We are not sick mind like MF husain. and don't wants to be.

MF husain 90 years. If 10yr kid punches him, he will dies immediately. But still survived so long. Do you think it is possible without protection.

Any way, Your screen name is Tech. but no logic.

There is no logic in believe. Did anyone see god? All suicide bomber have believe that they will get 72 virgins. Do you have any logic to prove.

Ah! Another personal insult. Wonderful.

Anyone with half a brain can read what you wrote and all my posts in this thread and decide for themselves who possesses the ability to argue logically and who doesn't. Let the readership decide.

Ah! Another personal insult. Wonderful.

Anyone with half a brain can read what you wrote and all my posts in this thread and decide for themselves who possesses the ability to argue logically and who doesn't. Let the readership decide.

Ok good. Please prove with all your logic to all the suicide bomber that they will not get 72 virgin if they blow up.

What is your believe or logic on it (will they get or not)

Ok good. Please prove with all your logic to all the suicide bomber that they will not get 72 virgin if they blow up.

What is your believe or logic on it (will they get or not)

What does this have to do with the thread? First prove that, then we can talk.

Tech Lahore, I'm one hundred percent sure you just wanted to take a dig at Hinduism, all you had to do was search online. Anyway, let me explain...before you question secularism... if one takes the liberty of painting anything Hindu naked and calls it art, why can't the same hold for a Muslim? Does art also take into account faith??? if it does, why Make Hindus naked then?

A Hindu Brahmin and a Muslim King

What is his fetish with seeing Hindus naked?

Really .... are these the pictures :rofl: is this what the fuss is all about ?

Goddess, Sita is considered the purest and a representation of a Hindu married woman! What is this?

Worse of all, who will paint their country naked???
Mother India

A decapitated Gandhi and Naked Hitler!!!!!

again same argument ?? where are the clothese

This swine deserves no place in India!!! If it was any other country he would have been hung, whipped, hands cutoff or killed!!!!

"Mother India" - its symbolism , what do ppl call her Maa mother ...
the symbolism is that its your mother and no one complains when they breast feed from mother , or say look maa you are nude ....

Issue of Nudism hindus , well ppl take nude baths in ashrams don't they not , there are hindu joogi baba that walk naked in villages ??

fb79c0cccc599448f95888ba315aeb3d.jpg

a45076106cc7b8773105b53a21793218.jpg

I really don't know what the monkey picture is ... juts looks like monkey attacking some women and something is in between - but to me it seems like bad powers trying to attack a women , simple as that something is in between....

Finaly the third , picture I can't even see any nudist images its so ... incomplete :pop: I mean it seems to capture the world in 40's etc what was happening in the world around one one side you had nazi and on other side was Gandhi , two different man in same time frame what is so evil about the picture?

I think real anger lies in our own selves.

The Danish cartoon is different , because it associates terrorism with religious figure...

If someone drew , hindu god working in call center or cleaning the roads, or working in 711 shops , I would be pissed angry and I would understand hindu's anger

But the pictures above come on yar ... ...

Last edited:
What does this have to do with the thread? First prove that, then we can talk.

Please read the thread again. You are bringing logic to believe system.

Someone draw some offense picture sometime means, Husain is eligible to offend it. Thats all your logic.

You don't know they were protested or not. All you concerned because he is muslim and he insulted hindu believe.

I fail to understand this objection of Hindus against this guy, since Hindus have been depicting both their male and female deities nude for centuries even to the point of having depicting their sex.

Are they acceptable because those drawings glorify their genitals and this guy did not do that? The same thing would be considered offensive for Muslims, however our tradition is involved with keeping any depiction of God and the Prophets out.

Asim I am afraid its a little different.

I am referring to the 1998 movie "Rush Hour" by Jachie Chan and Chris Tucker. In a scene the character of Jackie Chan is taken to a Bar frequented by African-American, he asks the African-American Bartender, " What's up my Neg**", the Bartender picks him up, and throws him across the room."

The bottom line is an African-American is allowed to use the "N" word, if you are not African-American its wise of you not to do the same.

I dearly hope that I am not offending anybody !!

Asim I am afraid its a little different.

I am referring to the 1998 movie "Rush Hour" by Jachie Chan and Chris Tucker. In a scene the character of Jackie Chan is taken to a Bar frequented by African-American, he asks the African-American Bartender, " What's up my Neg**", the Bartender picks him up, and throws him across the room."

The bottom line is an African-American is allowed to use the "N" word, if you are not African-American its wise of you not to do the same.

I dearly hope that I am not offending anybody !!

No, not quite a valid analogy.

Hussain has no understanding of the nuances and symbolism of Indian traditions. He may also have a bigoted attitude, inculcated by his upbringing.

But as I have been saying, Hussain, Rushdie, Taslima ... no problem ... let a thousand flowers bloom.

Guys,

Here's the way I understand it. Ancient Hindus depicted gods in the nude but modern Hindus consider it taboo. The old artwork is retained more as a cultural treasure.

Any modern Hindu doing the same would face the same anger within India.

Now the question of whether MF Hussain knew of the modern customs and deliberately offended or was it just innocent art. I guess we will never know.

No the ***** was started by you. I havent even shown anything just describing th kind of pictures he drew and applied the same logic. So just words about the act that Hussain drew made you disgusted but wonder how you would react after seeing the same pictures in real for something you would be sensitive about.

No and the thing about you doing such a holy thing like removing pictures dont hold after you tried to justify.

None of these pictures were made by me. They were made by your co-religionists. What is probably really bugging you is that it is your own countrymen and your co-religionists that are openly insulting your deities. I understand your pain, but I would ask you to direct your anger at those who are offending you and not toward unconcerned parties.

I already posted the contact info of the lady who is selling nude images of your deities. Please go talk to her and if you desire, take a little mob with you and perhaps you can even one-up the right-wingers who burned fellow Indians in the Gujarat riots. Given your flare for hate speech, I have no doubt you are fully capable!

Last edited:
Guys,

Here's the way I understand it. Ancient Hindus depicted gods in the nude but modern Hindus consider it taboo. The old artwork is retained more as a cultural treasure.

It's not really an ancient vs. modern thing. One needs a deeper understanding of Indian philosophy to figure out what is in harmony with the traditions, and what isn't.

you brainwashed idiots have never done anything worthwhile before in the past 1400 years nor ever will.

Are you referring to Muslims? The 1400 year reference seems to suggest so. If that is the case, then I would simply point you to your nearest history book. Of these 1400 years, muslims ruled parts or all of India for about 1,000. So maybe in your eyes that was not worthwhile, but then I don't have such a low opinion of the original inhabitants of the sub continent to agree to such a view.

The landmark that India is known for - the Taj - was designed, architected and conceived by Muslims. You still earn foreign exchange due to it. Perhaps to you it is worthless, but to the rest of the world it is the cover of every book about India. You can let the hatred consume you, or you can see reality for what it is.

None of these pictures were made by me. They were made by your co-religionists. What is probably really bugging you is that your own countrymen and your co-religionists that are openly insulting your deities. I understand your pain, but I would ask you to direct your anger at those who are offending you and not toward unconcerned parties.

I already posted the contact info of the lady who is selling nude images of your deities. Please go talk to her and if you desire, take a little mob with you and perhaps you can even one-up the right-wingers who burned fellow Indians in the Gujarat riots. Given your flare for hate speech, I have no doubt you are fully capable!

Do you read history? Do you know gujrat riots started after burning karsevaks alive . Previously they used to get away by rioting.
Now they will think 100time before they start. See there are not many riots after gujrat.

Well dears, I can present you with photos of contemporary sculptures of every goddess including Sita and Saraswati in compromised postures, scanty cloths and nude bosom; I believe that they were all made and casted by Hindu artists. For a time being, I myself have been deep into painting and sculpting and studied sub-continent art in great details. However, I'll refrain myself from posting those pictures as it would serve no good purpose

This is because Hinduism dates back to 5000BC , thrice the age of christianity and islam. The sculptures reflect that age. People grew knowledge by time and most of the sculptures were inspired from old . We dont expect people to wear jeans and shirts before 7000 years. If u are born in that era, you too would have runned around with minimal clothing.

even the indus valley civilisation sculptures are not fully clothed or are nude. The problem is that Hindus didnt drees-up their gods in the time followed. and christians , jews, muslims were all lucky that their prophets came after a longggg... period and are dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom