MF Husain would no longer be an Indian-Sad Day for Secular India

Status
Not open for further replies.

qsaark

Reaction score
3f32275176c9d642206f8dd0f4a4dac6.gif

M F Husain surrenders Indian passport in Doha

PTI, Mar 8, 2010, 10.56am IST

DUBAI: Legendary painter M F Husain, who was recently granted Qatari citizenship, has surrendered his Indian passport to the country's mission in Doha, a media report said on Monday.

95-year-old Husain, revered by many as India's Picasso, on Sunday went to the country's mission in Doha and surrendered his Indian passport, the Gulf Times reported.

Husain, who has been living in self-imposed exile for nearly four years following a spate of cases in India over his controversial paintings of Hindu goddesses, had accepted Qatar's offer and would no longer be an Indian, his son Owais Husain said recently.

India does not recognize dual citizenship. So, "in such a situation, surrendering passport by the person concerned is mandatory and Husain has only done that," an Indian Embassy official was quoted as saying by the paper.

The artist has also applied for the Overseas Citizen of India card, the mission sources said, adding the embassy has facilitated all requirements for him to obtain the OCI card.

He also had a nearly two-hour meeting with Indian Ambassador in Qatar Deepa Gopalan Wadhwa, the sources said.

Husain, who shuttles between Dubai and London, went in exile after a hate campaign was launched against him in 2006 over his controversial paintings.

Several cases were filed against him by people protesting his portrayal of Hindu goddesses in the nude. His house was attacked and art works vandalised by fundamentalists in India.

Indian government has described Husain as "pride of India" and said it was willing to provide security to him.

"There is no case against M F Husain. Supreme Court has quashed all the cases against him," home secretary G K Pillai had recently said. He said the government was ready to provide security to the artist if he planned to return.

"He (Husain) is the pride of India," foreign secretary Nirupama Rao had said, adding, "I would like him to feel safe and secure in India".

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...dian-passport-in-Doha/articleshow/5657146.cms

Note: I am not happy at all with this sad development.

I followed this news, in the end did not understood MF's point.
He was assured security from GOI. There was no active threat against him at the current moment, RSS said he can come back. I did not understood what he wanted basically.
He said in an interview that he does not trust security and will be arrested if comes back, kind of indicating that cases against him should be removed.

It seems to me that he wanted cases against him to be quashed, no why does he not want law to take its own course?

I am somehow getting this feeling that he somewhat did not wanted to try coming back, what is he expecting? Look at SRK and the likes, did he not stayed? Did the government did not support him.

He seems to be a looser to me.

I am not very unhappy, he did not fight like a man.

He is a crook wants to paint other religious god nude let him paint his religious god then see the treatment in his new country.

He is a crook wants to paint other religious god nude let him paint his religious god then see the treatment in his new country.

[Self deleted because I don't want to cause offense. I was trying to make a point which has been completely misunderstood.]

Last edited:
:lol:

MF Hussain did not leave India because of security fears. He left India simply because Qatar was providing him with a more luxurious life and he enjoyed living there.

On being asked about reports that said he was choosing to move to Qatar because he felt threatened in India, the painter categorically said, "I totally deny them."

I totally deny any threat to my life: Husain - India - The Times of India

He denies that there are any security threats to him in India and openly claimed that he is in Qatar because - "I'm here on work"

Let us accept the fact... India is not at as rich as Qatar. And that is why Mr. Hussain left this country.

A secular country has failed in front of an oil-rich, Islamic country. Sad indeed.

Last edited:
Who gives a f*** what MF Hussain does ?
He can draw himself kissing his backside for all we care.
"Secular India" has larger issues to attend to other than what country Mr Nude Painter is moving to.
This is infact a great day for "Secular India" because an Indian who was abusing this "Secularity" is not an Indian anymore.

Did the hindus who made these sculptures also get chased out of the country? Did they get death threats too? Or was nothing done to them because they were hindus...

Nude Kaali

e4edfacadfa0fa70d1eaee15fc58dd55.jpg

83f340e338c182c3e6b32ae93fb55389.jpg

Scene depicting Shiva's "Lingam" and Goddesses "Yoni"

Hindus can do whatever they want to. It's none of your business. MF Hussain was not a Hindu. He was a Muslim drawing nude Hindu Godesses. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. You wont find such pictures of Sita or Saraswati. Have some decency TL.
How would you feel if a **** citizen who was a Hindu made drawings of your prophet with his 6 yr old wife ? Would your country make him the promises that India made to MF Hussain EVEN WHEN most Indians don't want him ?

:lol:

MF Hussain did not leave India because of security fears. He left India simply because Qatar was providing him with a more luxurious life and he enjoyed living there.

I totally deny any threat to my life: Husain - India - The Times of India

He denies that there are any security threats to him in India and openly claimed that he is in Qatar because - "I'm here on work"

Let us accept the fact... India is not at as rich as Qatar. And that is why Mr. Hussain left this country.

A secular country has failed in front of an oil-rich, Islamic country. Sad indeed.

Here is a recent video where he says exactly the same

BTW which language is this?:what:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hindus can do whatever they want to. It's none of your business. MF Hussain was not a Hindu. He was a Muslim drawing nude Hindu Godesses. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. You wont find such pictures of Sita or Saraswati. Have some decency TL.
How would you feel if a **** citizen who was a Hindu made drawings of your prophet with his 6 yr old wife ? Would your country make him the promises that India made to MF Hussain EVEN WHEN most Indians don't want him ?

How come the idiot Tech is Think Tank?

Did the hindus who made these sculptures also get chased out of the country? Did they get death threats too? Or was nothing done to them because they were hindus...

Nude Kaali

e4edfacadfa0fa70d1eaee15fc58dd55.jpg

83f340e338c182c3e6b32ae93fb55389.jpg

Scene depicting Shiva's "Lingam" and Goddesses "Yoni"

I don't want to argue with you. Post reported.

Lol.. Time for u to find a new avatar . You will be banned for even talking about mohammad. Anyways answer to your ?, is no if hind in pak did something like that he will be killed by law if not by a mob before that.

Personally, I wouldn't like it at all. But there are different practices, customs and beliefs in different religions. The ancient greeks, for instance, wouldn't have any issue with this.

I haven't made any of these pictures. My question was simply as to why different standards apply to people of different faiths. If nude statues made by a Hindu are revered then why are MF Husain's paintings not seen in the same light?

By the way, I am not saying that there is anything wrong in nude sculpture. The question I have is mainly around the fact that on the one hand we are talking about a secular country and on the other we are advocating different standards of treatment for people based on their religion for doing the same thing.

How come the idiot Tech is Think Tank?

If you find the images idiotic, please know that I didn't paint/make them. They were made by Hindus. I am not trying to insult or criticize any religion. I am simply pointing out the fact that a hindu and muslim doing the same thing are being treated differently in a country that calls itself secular. Do you honestly find nothing wrong with that?

If you find the images idiotic, please know that I didn't paint/make them. They were made by Hindus. I am not trying to insult or criticize any religion. I am simply pointing out the fact that a hindu and muslim doing the same thing are being treated differently in a country that calls itself secular. Do you honestly find nothing wrong with that?

Can I post denis cartoons here? Even those are not done by me.
Denis is secular country and those are even not published in pakistan either.

Don't be smart.

I don't want to argue with you. Post reported.

I am sorry if I offended you. I am not trying to insult your religion. I got these images from anINDIAN website where these images are being sold and the proprietors are PROFITING from the sale of these nude statues. No Pakistani or muslim is running this website/online store. It is being run by:

Madhuri Guin
P3B-085, Princeton Estate
DLF City Phase V
Gurgaon
Haryana 122 009
INDIA

Please go and direct your anger towards your co-religionist/fellow Indian. The website is:

Kali the Goddess : Gentle Mother … Fierce Warrior and they specialize in Hindu holy artifacts.

Please explain to me what my fault is in posting images that are being sold by an adherent of hinduism, living in India, on a website targeted towards a religious audience involving holy sculptures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom