What's new

Mass Mobilization against the Taliban or just a Propaganda Stunt.

Civil war seems extremely likely at this point which is bad news for everyone.
I think if Taliban do manage to to eventually govern the whole of Afghanistan, their next mission would be to export their revolution to Pakistan and Tajikistan. Taliban have plenty of sympathizers and like minded people in Pakistan especially Pashtun deobandi belt. Interesting times ahead for both countries

What is with Afghan army and surrender, do they have no shame? Not only are they better equipped but also funded then taliban. Bad days are ahead for Pakistan but unlike in the past we are more prepared this time around. FATA no longer exist after merger with KP. Border is fenced with army on permanent basis.

Things will get bad but not like before.

What is with Afghan army and surrender, do they have no shame? Not only are they better equipped but also funded then taliban. Bad days are ahead for Pakistan but unlike in the past we are more prepared this time around. FATA no longer exist after merger with KP. Border is fenced with army on permanent basis.

When it's Afghan muslims on both sides, it makes sense to resolve things through negotiations than fight. Many are in the army due to lack of employment. Why would they want to die in a meaningless war imposed on Afghans by others?

When it's Afghan muslims on both sides, it makes sense to resolve things through negotiations than fight. Many are in the army due to lack of employment. Why would they want to die in a meaningless war imposed on Afghans by others?

Wut? Thousands are dying on both sides. But surrender of Afghan army is bad news for average afghani civilians. Talibans will not spare non-pashtuns ANA to settle the score.

Wut? Thousands are dying on both sides. But surrender of Afghan army is bad news for average afghani civilians. Talibans will not spare non-pashtuns ANA to settle the score.

ANA is not just non Pashtuns and Taliban is also not just Pashtuns. It's not an ethnic war but more of a political ideological war. Taliban won't spare anyone who is opposed to their vision regardless of ethnicity.

How about dividing Afghans into two countries on the basis of ethnicity? Pashtuns with Talibans and non Pashtuns governed by Tajiks or Persians or whoever.

Is that nota viable solution? Divide the country into two or three slices and see if it works.

ANA is not just non Pashtuns and Taliban is also not just Pashtuns. It's not an ethnic war but more of a political ideological war. Taliban won't spare anyone who is opposed to their vision regardless of ethnicity.

Ofcourse its a ethnic war. Some exception here and there doesn't mean much.

Civil war seems extremely likely at this point which is bad news for everyone.
I wonder if they’ve learnt their experience from the 90s to prevent that from happening again.

There also could be a possibility that they prepared this beforehand to avoid that situation. It’s a no wonder why they’re always forgiving to soldiers who surrended to get them into their side.

You laugh but even now, without being in government, Taliban elements are doing atrocities against the public, including women :
33-year-old Khatera was blinded after a gunmen attack in Ghazni province of Afghanistan

KABUL: The last thing 33-year-old Khatera saw were the three men on a motorcycle who attacked her just after she left her job at a police station in Afghanistan's central Ghazni province, shooting at her and stabbing her with a knife in the eyes.

Waking up in hospital, everything was dark.

"I asked the doctors, why I can't see anything? They told me that my eyes are still bandaged because of the wounds. But at that moment, I knew my eyes had been taken from me," she said.

She and local authorities blame the attack on Taliban militants - who deny involvement – and say the assailants acted on a tip-off from her father who vehemently opposed her working outside the home.

For Khatera, the attack caused not just the loss of her sight but the loss of a dream she had battled to achieve - to have an independent career. She joined the Ghazni police as an officer in its crime branch a few months ago.

"I wish I had served in police at least a year. If this had happened to me after that, it would have been less painful. It happened too soon ... I only got to work and live my dream for three months," she told Reuters.

The attack on Khatera, who only uses one name, is indicative of a growing trend, human rights activists say, of an intense and often violent backlash against women taking jobs, especially in public roles. In Khatera's case, being a police officer could have also angered the Taliban.

And I have read of Taliban attacks on journalists.

How about dividing Afghans into two countries on the basis of ethnicity? Pashtuns with Talibans and non Pashtuns governed by Tajiks or Persians or whoever.

Is that nota viable solution? Divide the country into two or three slices and see if it works.
Good luck dividing this.
1624543535848.png

lwj.png

in 2001, hundreds of Taliban surrendered POWs were massacred under afghan care. One of the most talked about was by Dostum militia in the prison Battle of Qala-i-Jangi killings. Taliban POWs shipped in containers Sheberghan Prison shot in containers and died of thirst. Yes I do believe Afghan section will answer to Taliban now

Propaganda or not,

Somethings are easy to see,
a. There is going to be unwarranted bloodshed
b. Taliban will prevail.

Learn to differentiate first between Afghan Talibans and TTP (soooars).

You are a delusional fool

I have nothing more to say than that

Why don't you send an email to that woman and find out her opinion on the Taliban i.e. if she has recovered ?

Power sharing is the only solution. Kabul government is not up to the task of facing up to reality. They seem happy to kick the ball down the road, but doing so they are banking on the US sticking around. Or until they are overwhelmed by the Taliban.

Useless Afghan government is too power hungry to work seriously on a peace process. Dogs like Amrullah Saleh will continue barking until they’re forced to flee Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom