What's new

Mars mission by 2013-2015, says ISRO

irrespective of who is taking what mission but how does this Mars mission will serve humanity in general and Indians in particular ???

irrespective of who is taking what mission but how does this Mars mission will serve humanity in general and Indians in particular ???

1. Propaganda. It can make Indians believe they are a strong nation.
2. Military application of learned experience, e.g. ICBM.

Last edited:
1. Propaganda. It can make Indians believe they are a strong nation.
2. Military application of learned experience, e.g. ICBM.

:) And both are flawed thinking because US also considered itself the most strongest nation arround but at end it needs China to pull it out of the mess.

I feel that its just crazy to compete for space missions with each other when humanity sufferes on earth.

yes, you should really spend more to see how you guys can return to your homeland - Mars.

when your rocket can only lift 2.5ton to the LEO, when that rocket is still using Russian made engine, you wanna have Mars mission?

:smokin: day dreaming is great.

PSLV ,indias flagship launc vehicle which was used for Chandrayan-1 didnt any Russian cyrogenic stage Engine.

Infact,It didnt have a cyrogenic stage in the system.

Only the a heavier launcher like GSLV uses a Russian cyrogenic stage as last stage boost

help me help you, from wiki.....

The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) project was initiated in 1990 with the objective of acquiring launch capability for Geo-synchronous satellites. Until then , India depended on the former Soviet Union for the launch of heavy satellites.

Early GSLV launches used cryogenic upper stages supplied by Russia. India originally tried to buy the technology to build a cryogenic upper stage from Russia, but under pressure from the United States, that technology was not provided. [2]. Therefore, ISRO developed the cryogenic engine used in the GSLV indigenously.

As i suggested before....How about taking a long breath and taking that commie chip off your head ?

:what:

But before going to Mars.. my advice to ISRO is to seek some good communication system so that they can keep track of where their space ships are... they must avoid what happened to Chandrayaan I recently

India Ends Lunar Mission After Losing Probe Signal
Did ISRO goof up in predicting Chandrayaan mission life?

Did Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) goof up when it announced that Chandrayaan-1 would have a mission life of two years as none of the lunar craft launched by other nations lasted that long?
On the hindsight, officials of the Bangalore-based space agency admit that they probably did.

"No lunar spacecraft works for two years. We did a mistake by telling it has a mission life of two years," an official said on condition of anonymity, noting that lunar craft of other countries had not lasted beyond 6-7 months.
"By saying it has a two-year life, we are caught in a sticky situation," the official said.

Radio contact with the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft,India's maiden moon mission launched on October 22 last year, was abruptly lost early yesterday, with Project Director M Annadurai saying that the mission is now over.

"Ten months is a very good life. Mapping-wise everything has been completed, except for a few patches," an ISRO official said, referring to performance of Chandrayaan-1.

Officials said the antenna is being rotated in all directions to pick up signals but admit "the chances are slim".

Officials said "some catastrophic failure either in transmitter or receiving systems" is the likely cause of the snapping of radio link. "Majority of the electronic systems are okay. Only communication system has failed", they said.

The situation could be compared to a switched-off cellphone wherein incoming and outgoing communication cannot happen, the official said.

© Copyright 2009 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.

Did ISRO goof up in predicting Chandrayaan's life?: Rediff.com news

Space exploration is not a waste of resources..they open up a hell out of spin off industries which can be used in normal life.This is the one sphere where govts need to take the major role as there is no profit to be made as such for the actual mission.

that is a good news for india and indian space technology department as well. i sincerely hope it goes according to the plan.

i have a question, may be some senior indian member can answer it, why india is going after mars mission instead of going for space station. i mean india has sent an unmanned lunar mission and entered the space and i guess building a space station is more beneficial and relatively easier than mars mission, isnt it?

Regards

sincerely

that is a good news for india and indian space technology department as well. i sincerely hope it goes according to the plan.

i have a question, may be some senior indian member can answer it, why india is going after mars mission instead of going for space station. i mean india has sent an unmanned lunar mission and entered the space and i guess building a space station is more beneficial and relatively easier than mars mission, isnt it?

Regards

sincerely

Well last I heard..India has been asked whether she is interested to participate in the ISS program so if she is interested in conducting experiments from a space station why waste money in trying to build a space station from scratch.

Well last I heard..India has been asked whether she is interested to participate in the ISS program so if she is interested in conducting experiments from a space station why waste money in trying to build a space station from scratch.

yes hack, this is my point which i want to ask from some senior indian member because i think it will be much more beneficial and relativily easier (may be cheap as well) to get into international space station programme than to go to mars, isnt it?

by the way, i think, they have to build a big module then shift and attach it to the international space station if india opt to enter in this programme, am i right?

regards

sincerely

yes hack, this is my point which i want to ask from some senior indian member because i think it will be much more beneficial and relativily easier (may be cheap as well) to get into international space station programme than to go to mars, isnt it?

by the way, i think, they have to build a big module then shift and attach it to the international space station if india opt to enter in this programme, am i right?

regards

sincerely

I don't know what part of the ISS they have been invited to join but I am not sure if India is ready or not as they don't just want to fork over money without active involvement.

Also I am not sure if a space station is cheaper than a throwaway mission to Mars. A space station is an extremely costly thing to maintain,I doubt India has the money for it...there is a reason the US never had a space station during the cold war period.The money was used on other activities.

China is working on her own space station but that was after her application to join the ISS was refused.

Back
Top Bottom