What's new

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

Yes InshaAllah i will definitely take your advice into consideration and will make pilgrimage whenever the construction is completed. Besides the holy sites i would also like to visit some of those breathtaking places of which you have posted pictures of in your thread about the Arab world, particularly the Arabian peninsula. And yes InshaAllah when you decide to visit Pakistan do visit the Northern Areas, particularly Azad Kashmir as its very beautiful not to mention it is one of the more peaceful parts of Pakistan, also take a trip on the Karakoram Highway which is also in the North, a marvel of human engineering.

I can highly recommend doing just that as it would safe a lot of headache.

Pakistan is extremely beautiful. I have posted photos of Pakistan too on the photo section of PDF but that's a long time ago. You have some of the most beautiful mountains in the world and some of the very tallest alongside with Nepal, China and Kashmir. I suggest visiting Flickr.com. There are many stunning photos of Pakistan and other areas of the world.

Pakistan could definitely become a huge hit for tourists worldwide if stability was reached.

I hope that our regions and countries can develop further and that peace and stability can emerge and some unfortunate cultural traits will be corrected among our people so we can move forward again like we did throughout much of history. I think that it is time for our generation (young one) to regain some honor again at least. Those of us that have lived in the West or are even born there have a special responsibility (IMO) to help our native countries improve.

Sorry for going off-topic. Just an important topic.

@azzo etc. please feel free to contribute as well if you want to in this thread. Pakistani users based in KSA are also very welcome to post especially those based in Makkah or Madinah if there are such users here.

I can highly recommend doing just that as it would safe a lot of headache.
I trust you enough to take your advice on that.

Pakistan is extremely beautiful. I have posted photos of Pakistan too on the photo section of PDF but that's a long time ago. You have some of the most beautiful mountains in the world and some of the very tallest alongside with Nepal, China and Kashmir. I suggest visiting Flickr.com. There are many stunning photos of Pakistan and other areas of the world.

Pakistan could definitely become a huge hit for tourists worldwide if stability was reached.
Yes, we have a very diverse and beautiful geography. A lot of mountaineers and paragliders visit Pakistan's northern region just to experience the mountains. And that despite all of the negative publicity Pakistan gets in the world media. But we still have a long way to go in unlocking our true potential as a tourist destination. And as you rightfully pointed out stability is the main key to that. Hopefully we are able to achieve that in Pakistan within my lifetime.

The Arab world itself is also very rich in stunning natural beauty as well as historical monuments of art and architectural marvels. I always felt like there was something very rich and enchanting about the Arab world and the desert in particular, and eventhough im aware that the Arab world's geography is so much more diverse than just desert landscape but for some reason i find a starry night in a desert to be very enchanting and ive read about Arab poets of the past being inspired by its beauty, and also the Islamic and pre-Islamic history which manifests itself in the ancient buildings and monuments left behind by many a civilizations as a testimony to their past glory. Hopefully that region sees stability in our lifetimes as i would love to tour the entire Arab world.

I hope that our regions and countries can develop further and that peace and stability can emerge and some unfortunate cultural traits will be corrected among our people so we can move forward again like we did throughout much of history. I think that it is time for our generation (young one) to regain some honor again at least. Those of us that have lived in the West or are even born there have a special responsibility (IMO) to help our native countries improve.

Sorry for going off-topic. Just an important topic.

@azzo etc. please feel free to contribute as well if you want to in this thread. Pakistani users based in KSA are also very welcome to post especially those based in Makkah or Madinah if there are such users here.
Yeah, i completely agree with you in this regard. Its a lot of work, and it ain't gonna be easy but someone's gotta do it and better to work towards achieving that goal now rather than leaving it for future generations. I would love to see Pakistan's ties with the Arab world grow stronger and hopefully we can do our part in resolving the conflicts and promoting peace in our own country as well as working to achieve a similar goal with our Arab allies in the middle east.

I trust you enough to take your advice on that.

Yes, we have a very diverse and beautiful geography. A lot of mountaineers and paragliders visit Pakistan's northern region just to experience the mountains. And that despite all of the negative publicity Pakistan gets in the world media. But we still have a long way to go in unlocking our true potential as a tourist destination. And as you rightfully pointed out stability is the main key to that. Hopefully we are able to achieve that in Pakistan within my lifetime.

The Arab world itself is also very rich in stunning natural beauty as well as historical monuments of art and architectural marvels. I always felt like there was something very rich and enchanting about the Arab world and the desert in particular, and eventhough im aware that the Arab world's geography is so much more diverse than just desert landscape but for some reason i find a starry night in a desert to be very enchanting and ive read about Arab poets of the past being inspired by its beauty, and also the Islamic and pre-Islamic history which manifests itself in the ancient buildings and monuments left behind by many a civilizations as a testimony to their past glory. Hopefully that region sees stability in our lifetimes as i would love to tour the entire Arab world.

Yeah, i completely agree with you in this regard. Its a lot of work, and it ain't gonna be easy but someone's gotta do it and better to work towards achieving that goal now rather than leaving it for future generations. I would love to see Pakistan's ties with the Arab world grow stronger and hopefully we can do our part in resolving the conflicts and promoting peace in our own country as well as working to achieve a similar goal with our Arab allies in the middle east.

Thank you for the praise and detailed post.

The Arab world is indeed home to many ancient civilizations, a lot of heritage and great diversity but it is quite unfair to compare 1 country (Pakistan) with the entire Arab world due to the big differences in terms of size. Having said that Pakistan is a very diverse country.

I am glad that you liked this thread below.

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Amen to that brother. Let's hope and pray for better times but that alone won't solve the problems. We need sane and hardworking minds. A lot of them. Unfortunately it does not look good right now in certain Arab countries and regions of Pakistan.

Anyway back to topic.

Last edited:
1.2 million perform Friday prayers at Grand Mosque

file-26-1435342589511617300.jpg

‘BE CLOSE TO ALLAH’: Al-Sheikh Saleh Al-Taleb delivers the sermon
at the Grand Mosque in Makkah on Friday.​
Saturday 27 June 2015

JEDDAH: Take advantage of Ramadan and put in the best efforts to be close to Allah, Al-Sheikh Saleh Al-Taleb exhorted Muslims at the Grand Mosque in Makkah during his Friday sermon. As many as 1.2 million Muslims performed the congregational prayers at the mosque.

Director of Media and Communication General at the General Presidency of the Two Holy Mosques, Ahmed bin Mohammed Al-Mansouri, said the presidency has created an integrated system of services, including cleaning, maintenance and operation at the Grand Mosque.

“The presidency provides guidance in all languages through its offices to answer the queries of pilgrims. It has also provided one million copies of the Holy Qur’an at the mosque. King Abdullah Project for Translation of Friday sermons with sign languages is also helping many,” he said.

According to Al-Mansouri, the presidency has organized the entry and exit of worshipers through 160 gates, leading to the Grand Mosque with a dozen electric escalators and 10,000 free trollies for the disabled.

“The Grand Mosque has 17,000 carpets. A special service is provided to pilgrims for their luggage at nominal rates, which helps them avoid carrying the same inside the mosque.” There are 250 fans to mitigate the summer heat in the courtyards of the Grand Mosque.

The presidency has taken advantage of the three phases of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Expansion Project to raise the capacity of Al-Mataf, in addition to northern yards Ajiyad Bridge which has been linked to the first floor of the third phase of the expansion project, Al-Mansouri added.

1.2 million perform Friday prayers at Grand Mosque | Arab News

310_b.jpg

49_b.jpg

410_b.jpg

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A9.jpg

CGWlRl5UIAAfX9p.jpg:large

1 July 2015

mecca-from-space-010715.jpg

Dubai Sat-2 captures image of Makkah from space

DubaiSat-2 provides high quality satellite imagery to several institutions.

Celebrating the Holy month of Ramadan, DubaiSat-2 satellite owned and operated by the Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) captured a one meter resolution image of the holy city of Makkah from outer space.

DubaiSat-2 provides high quality satellite imagery to several institutions, inside and outside of the UAE, that can be used in urban planning, disaster management, environmental monitoring, mapping and scientific research.

Dubai Sat-2 captures image of Makkah from space - Khaleej Times

--------------------------------------

Speaking of Sheikh Dr Abdul Rahman Al Sudais:

------------------------------

27 June 2015

taraweeh1_2515.jpg

Over 10,000 turn up to hear Sheikh Sudais at Zabeel Mosque
Saudi grand mufti leads Taraweeh prayers in Dubai.

More than 10,000 Muslims turned up at Dubai’s Zabeel Mosque on Thursday evening for a special taraweeh prayer.

Sheikh Dr Abdul Rahman Al Sudais, imam of the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah who lead the congregation, also spoke after the prayers in a special talk. The celebrated imam is known for his tuneful and emotional recitation of the Quran.

Rugs and carpets extended well outside the mosque’s main entrance as worshippers overflowed into the parking area. Mohammed Izhan, a student in Dubai was one of the faithful who came early to find a spot inside the mosque.

“There was no way I could miss this opportunity and I was planning to be here since the last one week. For any Muslim, this was a golden opportunity because it isn’t everyday we get to pray behind such a well-known reciter of the Holy Quran. I was lucky to find a spot in the third rows and the experience was simply amazing,” he said.

Dawood from Kenya was among the thousands of people who had made his way to the mosque.

“I have only heard him on radio. When I came to know that he would lead the prayers in Dubai, I didn’t want to miss hearing him in real life. His recitation is perfect,” said Dawood.

Abdul Salam, a Moroccan expat knew about the taraaweeh prayers from his colleagues.

“Obviously we know Sheikh Sudais is the imam of Makkah’s grand mosque and it is an honour. We haven’t been to Haj yet and I came here to pray behind him just to get a feeling. It is a beautiful masjid and I came here to hear his voice, which is known to Muslims all over the world,” he said. Traffic to the area was cordoned off shortly after Iftar with special buses by Dubai’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) helping people reach the venue from Zaabeel park.

Over 10,000 turn up to hear Sheikh Sudais at Zabeel Mosque - Khaleej Times

000-3313748881436536727820.jpg

0A131401.jpg

zR131424.jpg

Yix31456.jpg

Phase I: Expansion towards eastern side adding 6 new minarets.
Phase II: Expansion towards Western side adding 6 new minarets and extension of Bab Salam.
Phase III: Expansion towards northern side is postponed until an alternative accommodation for pilgrims is found.

UVB04541.jpg

000-3811263961436536767975.jpg

The new face of Madinah

file-04-1436033978026872900.jpg

Published — Sunday 5 July 2015
Huge projects change the faces of cities and great ambitions help create such projects. Madinah had its date with a quantum leap to usher in a new era of urban development. Such huge projects help achieve formidable civilization advancements and significant progress.
The Darb Al-Sunnah Project is one of the mega-projects which will open up a new enormous atmosphere for the development of Madinah between the Prophet’s Mosque and the Quba Mosque. This is a road which is 3 km-long. It will also have land development projects for hotels and residential towers. It will be connected with the urban heritage of Madinah. Once completed it will be the lifeline of the holy city.
During his visit, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman inaugurated Prince Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Airport which is considered a major architectural masterpiece. This airport will cater to visitors of the Prophet’s Mosque whether they come from within the country or abroad.
The government has enough will to make these projects a reality without keeping these ideas locked inside drawers. The supervision of King Salman and the launch of these projects by him personally has sent a strong message of how much the Saudi leadership is concerned about development in Madinah. The kind of importance Madinah Gov. Prince Faisal bin Salman is giving to these projects actually determines the fixed time frame for execution of the plan and it makes clear that he has a clear vision of the city’s development. It will also help achieve interests of the visitors to the Prophet’s Mosque.
The Darb Al-Sunnah Project is a stepping stone in the development of Madinah along with the projects of the Madinah Development Authority. The first phase includes a university, a project of green and renewable energy, Madinah Specialty Hospital and King Abdul Aziz Complex of Libraries.
Madinah is ushering in a new era. The government has made massive investments in expansion of the Prophet’s Mosque. It is clear that after the completion of these projects, opportunities for major developments will open.
This will positively reflect on the social and economic condition of the people of Madinah. Prince Faisal bin Salman has plunged into this developmental project as head of the Supreme Authority of Development of Madinah. He has successfully made integration between various ideas and visions from different sides, putting them together to achieve development for the happiness of mankind.

The new face of Madinah | Arab News

file-04-1436033978026872800.jpg

Record 14 million visit Makkah in 16 days

ARAB NEWS
Published — Tuesday 7 July 2015
JEDDAH: More than 14 million worshippers and pilgrims visited Makkah in the first 16 days of Ramadan, a 40 percent increase compared to the same period last year.
These figures were unveiled at a meeting of the Central Haj Committee, chaired by Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, a local publication has reported.
During the meeting, Prince Khaled reviewed the achievements of the committee duirng the Umrah season and plans for the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Salah Saqr, the secretary of the committee, reported the latest figures, and said more than 650,000 vehicles were involved in transporting pilgrims so far. “The plan for this Ramadan involves transporting 25 million people in 30 days,” he said.
Issa Mohammed Rawas, undersecretary at the Ministry of Haj, said 5 million foreign pilgrims have arrived to perform Umrah so far, with over 3.7 million traveling through King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah.
A total of 1.3 million came through Prince Mohammad bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah, 114,646 via Yanbu Airport, 23,539 via Jeddah Islamic Port and 18,658 through Yanbu Commercial Port, said Rawas.

The meeting participants also discussed the new smart phone application that helps pilgrims perform their rituals in more than 34 languages.

Record 14 million visit Makkah in 16 days | Arab News

SR98,000 for hotel room in Makkah | GulfNews.com

SR98,000 for hotel room in Makkah

Manama: Rooms in hotels overlooking the Grand Mosque in Makkah have fetched SR98,000 (Dh95,981) a night in the last ten days of Ramadan, reports from the holy city said.

Tourism experts attributed the record prices to the role of middlemen who abuse the accommodation markets during the Muslim sacred month in the most sacred city for Muslims.

Hundreds of thousands of worshippers from around the world flock to Makkah to perform prayers, pushing up the demand for hotel rooms, particularly in the vicinity of the Grand Mosque.

“We have had a room occupancy rate of 100 per cent during the last ten days of Ramadan,” Majdi Younis, from the tourism and heritage commission in Makkah, said. “This has been a highly successful Ramadan.”

Prices for rooms in five-star hotels overlooking the Grand Mosque varied between SR1,400 and SR2,000 in the first 20 days of Ramadan, Al Hayat daily reported.

However, prices went up to between SR28,000 and SR40,000 in the last ten days. The figures rocketed in some cases to close to SR100,000 after middlemen created a black market taking advantage of the huge demand.

Its amazing to note that how so many lakhs of people are managed so able by administration there, it might be a mammoth task

Its amazing to note that how so many lakhs of people are managed so able by administration there, it might be a mammoth task

It's a logistical nightmare at times. 16 million visitors in Makkah alone in the past 14 days (see post 323). Have no mistakes for each year that passes the demand grows hence the necessary and enormous expansion projects that I and others have covered in this very thread.

Makkah and Madinah literarily never sleep. Each hour throughout the entire year worshippers are present. You guys in India have experience with large crowds during religious festivals too though. KSA and India are probably the best equipped countries for such events based on experience and history.

polomniki-polyatsya-v-Mekke-vozle-Kaaby.jpg

11698845_10153541592312125_3905351428946303437_o.jpg

11722615_10153541590827125_5086936416468063090_o.jpg

11710018_10153541590822125_7277254807042046506_o.jpg

11224912_10153541563957125_724115816306828792_o.jpg

11713746_10153541592322125_5465949151329747819_o.jpg

11741165_10153541592307125_2225526312782787747_o.jpg

Notice that the expansion project in the Masjid al-Haram is far from finished nor the areas around it (developments). We are still years away from that. In fact improvements will have to be made all the time. In 10-15 years time another huge expansion is likely to be needed. I can't imagine how Makkah and Madinah will look in 100 years time for instance. Maybe both will reach the Red Sea!:lol:

It's a logistical nightmare at times. 16 million visitors in Makkah alone in the past 14 days (see post 323). Have no mistakes for each year that passes the demand grows hence the necessary and enormous expansion projects that I and others have covered in this very thread.

Makkah and Madinah literarily never sleep. Each hour throughout the entire year worshippers are present. You guys in India have experience with large crowds during religious festivals too though. KSA and India are probably the best equipped countries for such events based on experience and history.

polomniki-polyatsya-v-Mekke-vozle-Kaaby.jpg

11698845_10153541592312125_3905351428946303437_o.jpg

11722615_10153541590827125_5086936416468063090_o.jpg

11710018_10153541590822125_7277254807042046506_o.jpg

11224912_10153541563957125_724115816306828792_o.jpg

11713746_10153541592322125_5465949151329747819_o.jpg

11741165_10153541592307125_2225526312782787747_o.jpg

Notice that the expansion project in the Masjid al-Haram is far from finished nor the areas around it (developments). We are still years away from that. In fact improvements will have to be made all the time. In 10-15 years time another huge expansion is likely to be needed. I can't imagine how Makkah and Madinah will look in 100 years time for instance. Maybe both will reach the Red Sea!:lol:

Yes such large pilgrimages are managed in Kumbh mela in India too,

but here in mecca and madina it seems construction to expand never stops and in pics it looks oasis on earth may be a divine place is naturally blessed

Yes such large pilgrimages are managed in Kumbh mela in India too,

but here in mecca and madina it seems construction to expand never stops and in pics it looks oasis on earth may be a divine place is naturally blessed

Yes, I have seen photos from that religious festival and read about it and it's also very impressive.

Such players have a special aura about them due to their significance and the faithful people that make them alive. It is the same case with all holy sites of the world. From Western Wall to the Vatican.

If you are interested in seeing more photos from KSA and the Arab world you are welcome to visit those two quality threads below.

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 81

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Kaaba from the air:

CJ_dH3tUkAAcIMz.jpg:large

As one can see the mataf is yet to be completed.

Last edited:
CJ_dH5IVAAA17MB.jpg:large

Madinah Eid festivities to be held at 36 sites

file-15-1435752100032758200.jpg

ARAB NEWS

Published — Thursday 16 July 2015

Last update 16 July 2015 1:43 am

MADINAH: Madinah is set for a grand Eid Al-Fitr celebration with cultural and social programs, including competitions, plays and poetry recitation, at 36 locations. The celebrations were launched by Mayor Khaled Al-Taher after the Isha prayers on Tuesday, reported a local publication.
Al-Taher said that the the programs have been organized in cooperation with Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage. "The municipality has completed all the preparations and is ready to launch the Taiba celebrations, during which prizes will be given to the winners of various events. The heritage Madinah neighborhood located in the King Fahd Park will receive visitors from the first day of Eid."
He said the activities are being organized by the Madinah municipality in line with the vision of Gov. Prince Faisal bin Salman to provide entertainment to nationals and residents during Eid holidays.

Madinah Eid festivities to be held at 36 sites | Arab News

Back
Top Bottom