What's new

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Emirati man who walked 2000 km on foot to reach Makkah.

Walk To Makkah : Emirati walks 2000km To Makkah from Abu Dhabi - YouTube

Bosnian man who walked 5700 km on foot to reach Makkah for nearly 1 year.

A 47-year-old Muslim man, Senad Hadzic, from northern Bosnia, has recently completed an Amazing 5,700 km journey, from his hometown to the to the Saudi city of Mecca, by foot.

Making the pilgrimage to Mecca, the holiest city in the religion of Islam, at least once in their lifetime is obligatory for all able Muslims. Each year, millions travel to the birthplace of Muhammad, but not many of them walk thousands of miles to get there. That’s what makes Senad Hadzic’s experience so moving. The Bosnian departed from his town of Banovici, in December 2011 and has walked for 314 days through Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria and Jordan to reach the Muslim holy city in south-western Saudi Arabia. Despite experiencing severe weather conditions, like temperatures ranging from minus 35 Celsius in Bulgaria to plus 44 Celsius in Jordan, Senad managed to walk at a rate of between 20 to 30 kilometers per day, to reach Mecca after an unbelievable 5,700 km journey.

“To be honest, before I started on this trip, everybody was frightened for me, asking how will I, as a Muslim, be able to travel though Christian countries like Serbia and Bulgaria,” Hadzic said. But Christians proved very friendly and supportive of his religious effort. “In one case, a professor in Serbia invited me to stay in his house. This Serbian professor, who was a Christian, told me that I was the first Muslim who had stepped in his house in his life. It was a great honor for me.” In Istanbul, he spent 20 dyas trying to get permission to walk across the Bosphorus bridge connecting Europe to Asia, because it was open only to vehicles, but he somehow managed to cross over. “I’ll tell you, this trip has had millions of problems,”Hadzic told The World back in March. “I’ll explain it to you like this: God willing, I’m going to enter Asia today, and then Syria. And I’m not afraid of a tank or a bullet, only God. And then when I get to Mecca I will say a prayer for all of us.” And he did go through war-torn Syria, on foot. ”I passed through Syria in April. I walked some 500 kilometers in 11 days. I went through Aleppo and Damascus and passed dozens of check-points held by pro-government and rebel forces alike, but I was never detained,” Hadzic said in an AFP interview.

On his journey, Senad Hadzic met people, who, impressed by his dedication, offered to give him the money so he could easily reach Mecca on board an airplane. But he respectfully refused. “By this act, I am proving that everything I do is for the love of God,” Hadzic said during his long walk. “For all the riches in the world, I would never stop what I am doing.” He decided to walk to the holy city after God appeared in his dreams and told him to do it. ”I walked in the name of Allah, for Islam, for Bosnia-Hercegovina, for my parents and my sister,” he added.

Senad ventured on his incredible trip with just a 20-kilogram backpack on his back, and very little money, depending mostly on the kindness of others for the most basic things. ”During my walk through the desert and with temperatures from 46°C a police patrol gave me two liters of water. Of course, every drop of water is welcome,” he said. “Thanks to Allah there are good people. I really have to mention the hospitality of the people of Jordan. People here are really hospitable, when I arrived in the city of Aqaba they welcomed me with open arms and settled me into a hotel.”

He also documented his progress on the 314-day walk on his Facebook page. Check it out.

http://www.frostymix.com/2012/10/senad-hadzic-walks-6000-kilometers-from_27.html

‫

water every where . by oldwolf., on Flickr

5199834783_a89658976d_b.jpg

I Need Ferrari for this Road . by oldwolf., on Flickr

madinah_masjid nabawi_00004 by ArabianLens.com, on Flickr

madinah_masjid nabawi_00011 by ArabianLens.com, on Flickr

The Quba Mosque (مسجد قباء) by M. Imran Saeed, on Flickr

Kabah, Masjid Al Haram by Kashmirikhan!, on Flickr

Mekkah by CamelKW, on Flickr

To be continued, Insha'Allah. Please also share similar inspirational hajj pilgrimages.

EDIT:
Any trolling will be reported and I will make sure to contact the owner of this page to delete such posts. This is not the topic for trolling and will not be tolerated.

al-Hasani and @Arabian Legend please post pictures off construction going on in kaba and masjid e nabwi @al-Hasani

@Zarvan

This is a more fitting thread, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nPK-79CHE&feature=player_embedded

941115_10201246609597436_478446380_n.jpg

BMuyBEhCcAEEpMV.jpg:large

BMvXmYFCIAATGkH.jpg:large

1005404_10151647664538094_1264282932_n.jpg

996718_10151647664678094_700919004_n.jpg

1003964_10151647664648094_968925306_n.jpg

9049749127_0a4b4cd696_b.jpg

Makkah | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9033017298_d84cbfc734_b.jpg

masjid-al-haram-in-makkah-saudi-ara | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A whole new airport in Jeddah is being built while we speak, tunnels, top-modern railways connecting Makkah and Madinah and other cities, new train stations etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@al-Hasani please also post the pictures of extension plan off kabah and masjid-e-nabwi and has extension work of masjid-e-nabwi also started

@al-Hasani please also post the pictures of extension plan off kabah and masjid-e-nabwi and has extension work of masjid-e-nabwi also started
First a little more of the Mataf expansion:

BM2xy_HCMAEKslC.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5zDXzRCBI&feature=player_embedded

Current state of المسجد النبوي

Masjid_Nabawi_Madinah_10012 par ArabianLens.com, sur Flickr

8382944400_1f946060d2_b.jpg

Prophet's Mosque in Madinah | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

8381906463_5f431d6e9f_b.jpg

8382996882_b5f09bcdf4_b.jpg

8383022202_542c086fda_b.jpg

Now the future and final plan which has already been approved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmawVhyYGKc&feature=player_embedded

768927869287.jpg

406581017772.jpg

552469760861.jpg

768118238443.jpg

598401574625.jpg

908398874627.jpg

See for more pictures in the link below:

?????? ?? : ??????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????

Yes, the project has started by demolishing hotels/buildings that are in the way of the expansion. Those demolished buildings/hotels will later be rebuilt after the expansion has been finalized. For example like seen below:

2mewdn4.jpg

and by which year both plans of kabah and masjid e nabwi would be completed ?

and by which year both plans of kabah and masjid e nabwi would be completed ?

Approximately 3 years. It will increase the crowd capacity from 52,000 to 130,000 pilgrims. The area behind the Ottoman structure will be demolished and re-built with 1 basement, 3 floors and a roof, all without pillars and all for Tawaf only.

With regards to Al-Masjid an-Nabawi then about 2-2.5 years from now if all goes according to the plan. So by the summer 2016 everything should be in order in phase one.

Jazak Allaho khairan for these amazing pictures. Do you know how long it will take for the project to complete. I was there for the hajj in 2012 and cant wait till I go again.
Araz

You are very much welcome, brother. Please read my remaining posts in this thread and everything that people have asked for is explained including your question.;)

Approximately 3 years. It will increase the crowd capacity from 52,000 to 130,000 pilgrims. The area behind the Ottoman structure will be demolished and re-built with 1 basement, 3 floors and a roof, all without pillars and all for Tawaf only.

With regards to Al-Masjid an-Nabawi then about 2-2.5 years from now if all goes according to the plan. So by the summer 2016 everything should be in order in phase one.
Interesting. I heard a rumour that the Ottoman section of the Haram would be demolished and eventually new bhilding would be erected.please correct me if I am wrong.
Araz

what do you mean by phase one you mean this huge expansion plan is only phase one ? than what would be phase 2 ?

Interesting. I heard a rumour that the Ottoman section of the Haram would be demolished and eventually new bhilding would be erected.please correct me if I am wrong.
Araz

They have been preserved but removed for the expansion to take place. It will be rebuilt in its original form again. There was even a thread on this forum a while ago if I remember correctly where that misunderstanding (the rumor was started by PressTV (PissTV) - a Iranian Mullah state propaganda mouthpiece that is anti-Sunni and anti-Arab.

what do you mean by phase one you mean this huge expansion plan is only phase one ? than what would be phase 2 ?

Yes, there are future projects due to the constant demand of pilgrims that will only increase in the future. Read more here below:

The Minister of Finance Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf announced that the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, issued an order to start the process of a major expansion of the Mosque of Prophet Mohammad ‘’Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi’’ in El- Medina. This expansion will provide a great service for the visitors of the Mosque of the Messenger of Allah (Peace be Upon Him). The order of expansion is considered an extension of his commitment and efforts in serving Islam and Muslims around the world.
The king’s most recent great effort was the implementation of the largest expansion in the history of the Grand Mosque ‘’Al-Masjid Al-Haram ‘’ in Mecca.Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf explained that the order of the King to expand Al-Haram will be implemented on three different phases. The first phase will allow the Mosque to accommodate around more 800 thousand worshipers; in the second and the third phase the expansion will include the eastern and western sides of the Mosque to accommodate an additional 800 thousand worshipers. This makes a total accommodation of more 1.6 Million worshipers.

Masjid Al Nabawi-A New Expansion

He added that the expansion comes in addition to other projects ordered by the Custodian in order to make it easier for pilgrims and Umrah performers and visitors to the Mosque of the Messenger (peace be upon him), including the current expansion of Al-Masjid Al-Haram and the Jamarat Bridge and the train of the Two Holy Mosques, the Gate of Mecca “The International Airport of King Abdul Aziz in Jeddah.”Moving to what the international officials said about this order of expansion, we would find that Dr. Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani, the Secretary General of the Gulf Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf countries was among the first to show his pleasure with such an order, he supported the implementation of the enlargement in the Holy Mosque. He also considered this order a clear proof and evidence of the great care from the King in servicing the pilgrims and Umrah pilgrims, visitors and worshipers.Also the president of the affairs of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque, Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdul Aziz al-Sudais, the efforts of Saudi Arabia’s King, following the issuance of his command to expand the Prophet’s Mosque, saying, this initiative is a solution for the crowd, which is a great issue in both Holy Mosques.On the practical side, Engineer Farouk Elias a city planner and developer said that the expansion ordered by King Abdullah will be sufficient on the medium-term and according to the current circumstances we will not need to have any other expansion for over 20 years at least.Finally, according to the latest consensus, the number of the visitors to El-Medina is the same as for Mecca, which are almost about ten million visitor per year, while the capacity of the Prophet Mosque – in its current state – is almost 650 thousand worshipers, while in Mecca the capacity is more than a million and a quarter of a million worshipers. - See more at: Masjid Al Nabawi-A New Expansion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom