What's new

Made in Iran

30K for a Corolla? On what planet? Plus, nobody pays for freight and those other fees, specially not for economy cars. Only the tax. A simple 5 minute negotiation will take care of freight. You can even knock off a few percentage points off from the MSRP if you go to 2-3 different dealerships. Best yet, you can get a 1 year old model of any car and get it for 15% off new and avoid having to pay tax, freight and other fees. A 1 year old Corolla can be had for 15-20K easy.

American cars are even cheaper and better equipped compared to Japanese cars, but their quality isn't as good long term.

You're including 5000 dollars worth of fees that NOBODY pays. They are there as a formality, b/c they must be there. A 2000 dollar freight can be knocked off, as I said in my other post, within 5 minutes of negotiation. The tax has to be paid, but if you buy used, you can avoid having to pay tax (you can buy something that was driven for a month and avoid the tax). Cars in Canada are actually expensive, but even at 20K, that's only 2 months of work for a person with a salary that's slightly above average.

That is beside the point. I am quoting official figures. Even if you do not pay freight and fees, still with taxes, a Corolla with no airconditioning and manual transmission would cost above 18 thousand dollars. Even if you did haggle late in the year, you might get it at 17 thousand. A lemon Corolla for 16 thousand. That is about it. These are still higher prices than Dena.

Of course if you buy a car that is 3 years old, it would be even cheaper. And a 7 year old car with abit of rust and needing a transmission job would be even more cheaper. It depends what you want to buy. A new fully loaded BMW or a used Korean car. That was not my argument.

Well, you are known to be a liar but for others who are interested they can go on Toyota Canada website and see it for themselves. The most basic Corolla with manual transmission, no options, no navigation and not even Air-conditioning would cost about 20 thousand dollars cash including taxes, freight and fees. The cheapest new car you can buy in Canada is perhaps, Nissan Micra S, which costs above 13 thousand dollars. That is the lowest you can go on new cars.

Don't quote me again unless you learn to be civil. It's not my responsibility to reply every laat from Chaaleh Meydoun.

That is beside the point. I am quoting official figures. Even if you do not pay freight and fees, still with taxes, a Corolla with no airconditioning and manual transmission would cost above 18 thousand dollars. Even if you did haggle late in the year, you might get it at 17 thousand. A lemon Corolla for 16 thousand. That is about it. These are still higher prices than Dena.

Of course if you buy a car that is 3 years old, it would be even cheaper. And a 7 year old car with abit of rust and needing a transmission job would be even more cheaper. It depends what you want to buy. A new fully loaded BMW or a used Korean car. That was not my argument.
I'm looking at page after page of 1 year old Corollas for 15-20 thousand (local buy and sell), not 3 year old models and certainly not lemons.

So what if it's higher than the Dena? I don't understand why that's significant. Even at double the price, it's still twice the car, but it's not double the price. Realistically it's only 5K more if you get it at 20k and it's probably 2-3 times the better car (safer, more fuel efficient, better transmission, better and more powerful engine, better steering, better brakes, better wheels, better tires, better electrical and higher quality material and paint).

There's another thing you need to mention: purchasing power in Canada vs Iran. A person making 10K a month can buy a 20K Corolla after 2.5 months (I've factored in income tax). How many thousand years does it take to buy a 15K car in Iran, even with a salary that's slightly above average?

These discussions are irrelevant though. It all started when Scythian mentioned that Dena is a better car. That's the entire reason why the discussion began. It's not a better car, we all know it and we can all agree on that, so let's end it here.

I'm looking at page after page of 1 year old Corollas for 15-20 thousand (local buy and sell), not 3 year old models and certainly not lemons.

So what if it's higher than the Dena? I don't understand why that's significant. Even at double the price, it's still twice the car, but it's not double the price. Realistically it's only 5K more if you get it at 20k and it's probably 2-3 times the better car (safer, more fuel efficient, better transmission, better and more powerful engine, better steering, better brakes, better wheels, better tires, better electrical and higher quality material and paint).

There's another thing you need to mention: purchasing power in Canada vs Iran. A person making 10K a month can buy a 20K Corolla after 2.5 months (I've factored in income tax). How many thousand years does it take to buy a 15K car in Iran, even with a salary that's slightly above average?

These discussions are irrelevant though. It all started when Scythian mentioned that Dena is a better car. That's the entire reason why the discussion began. It's not a better car, we all know it and we can all agree on that, so let's end it here.

I did not dispute the quality of Corolla. I disputed the myth that Dena is more expensive than Corolla. Iran is quite a new commer into designing and manufacturing its own cars. Japan has been doing it for over a century.

And I do not dispute in Canada people make more money than in Iran. After all Canada has long industrious history compared to Iran, a new commer to industrialization. But according to Statistics Canada, the average wage for an employee last year was $49,000 before taxes. On such a salary, if you have a family in Canada, it would take you several years to pay off that Corolla. Not 2 months. But I do not dispute that Iran's economic conditions are quite pathetic.

I agree that Dena is not a better car than Corolla!

Please don't fabricate numbers

Fuel economy for the 3 main Japanese entry level sedans (liters per 100 kms):

Mazada 3: 5.8
Corolla: 6.2
Civic: 6.6
TOYOTA CANADA: Language
And Dena: 7.2 (which I don't believe b/c I can't find an independent test). But even this 7.2 is higher.

Now to say Dena is comparable to the other 3 in terms of equipment is fucking laughable. Dena doesn't even have side airbags as standard equipment (optional). It literally has seat belts, radio, CD player and that's it. Does it have Bluetooth? Live navigation? AUX jacks around the car? USB slots? Speed sensitive volume? Electric power assist steering (Dena has old hydraulic shitty steering)? Alloy wheels (no it doesn't)? Modern suspension and transmission (loool HELLL NO! Dena doesn't even have an automatic option!!!!!)?

Now let's get to safety.The Japanese models have driver side, passenger side, passenger front, driver and passenger overhead and seat mounted airbags. Dena has inferior quality front airbags, that's IT.

I left out half a million other things that Dena doesn't even have as extra options.

Better handling??!?!?!?!??!?!?! WTF! Literally EVERY part in Dena is inferior quality. It doesn't have better handling. Don't bull shit us.

More power? Standard Dena has 113 hp. Standard models of Mazda 3, Corolla and Civic have 155, 132 and 143 horsepower respectively.

The warranty on the 3 Japanese models is superior as well (means better quality).

Corolla 2015 model:
Corolla L: 28/37 (8.16 / 6.17 Litters): Minimum price for this model is $18234 + 825 (Toyota delivery fee which is separate from dealership fees) = $19050 ( 65.7 Million Iranian Tomans), Let us imagine there is ZERO tarrif or TAX.
Corolla LE Premium: 29/38 (7.88 / 6.1 Litters/100km): Minimum price for this model is $23309 + 825= $24134 ( 83 Million Tomans).
Note 1: Actual MPGs may vary (means higher).
Build a Toyota | Build a Custom Toyota Vehicle Package
Build a Toyota | Build a Custom Toyota Vehicle Package

In comparison:

Dena 2015 model:

Dena, EF7: (7.88 Mixed / 6.0 Highway): Hybrid Natural Gas + Petrol: 114 hp/155 Torque/front & rear Disk Brakes/3 point seat belts, Fortified doors for impact, Bluetooth, Aux, Navigator, Rear View Camera, Impact sensor, Heated mirrors, Adjustable front lights from inside, Auto A/C, Isofix, retractable steering pillar, Cruise Control, Both front and read Fog lights, LED head lamps, Anti UV glasses, Control keys on steering wheel, Side Mirrors, automatic retrace/heated/flasher side mirrors, Both driver and front seat movable in 8 directions electrically, Aluminum alloy wheels, immobilizer, Two front airbags (side airbags optional), Halogen LED front and rear lights, Temp monitors, Active antennas, 4 start golden card (free body and third party liabilities), etc
دنا - تجهیزات
دنا - در یک نگاه

Dena ELX Turbo: 150 hp / 215 Torque/ All standard items on EF7 model + Hybrid turbo charged engine + Standard curtain airbags+ Electric Assisted Steering + some other decorative items....
Price for Dena is only 42 Million Tomans or $12000!!!!

Does it have Bluetooth? Live navigation? AUX jacks around the car? USB slots? Speed sensitive volume? Electric power assist steering (Dena has old hydraulic shitty steering)? Alloy wheels (no it doesn't)? Modern suspension and transmission (loool HELLL NO! Dena doesn't even have an automatic option!!!!!)?

yes it has. Bluetooth + live navigation in Farsi and English + Aux jacks + USB 2 Slots + Electric Power assist Steering on its ELX model + Aluminum Alloy 15 Inch wheels, It has Manual transmission but they promised for an Auto Trans soon...Let aside the fact that Manual Transmission has its own advantages over auto... even old SAMAND LX has Alloy Aluminum wheels!!

Better Handling is something very famous and known for Samand based cars. Those who tested it professionally noticed that it has a very nice handling and even better stability on curves...

I am not going to argue that Dena is better than Japanese cars... Japs are very good with building cars.... I once heard an American friend saying in response to a question about if European cars are better than American ones... he said, American cars are always better than any other cars because simply it is American and we are American....
This applies to me too... Whatever Iranian cars are for me it is the best car and I always use it proud...

I have two unsolved issues with guys like you...
1- Why you are so Impolite and bi tarbyat? You know this explains a lot of bad experiences from your childhood... Nobody seems better by swearing or claiming to be cool and I know-everything!!
2- Why you so called EX- Iranians become so much Nokar Sefat and slave of other nations than your own? Although I always say, Those who left Iran for West are better off staying there and change their nationality... They beg for identity... Most of those who leave Iran for west are either people with serious psychological issues or weak character slaves who where ever they are they get treated the same!!

It is very funny and childish to COMMENT SO CERTAIN about one car named DENA while non of you have ever sit behind its wheels.... None of you tested it and yet claim childish claims... Most previously produced Iranian cars have serious issues...I admit it... specially SAIPA cars...but as far as a professional point of view is concerned, my professional mechanics say, Some Samand models and DENA in particular are a big step a head and very acceptable in quality.

Despite all similarities and differences between Corolla and Civic with Dena, one sane individual must always remember that DENA is priced only $12000 while Corolla is between 19000 to 23000 with similar accessories and up to 32000 for its fullest version.

The funniest fact about Corolla cars is that, for Iranians inside Iran, a 2015 Corolla costs around $32650 to $38260 قیمت روز خودروهای وارداتی

This means a DENA with $12000 is waaaaaaaaay better than a $38000 Corolla....

DENA is not inferior to Corolla, it is your mentality and mind set which is inferior to your beloved Jap or Western cars!!!

When you consider yourself inferior to other nationalities, then everything that comes out of your MIND is inferior to others....for me and all my friends... We are proud of ourselves and our country and all MADE IN IRAN products...

DENA is one of the best in market for $12000 and has a good quality... I tested it myself and I must say it is one good car for a very cheap price relative to imported ones...

Sagol kardes.
Cat pat oylesine bir iki kelime yuvarlattim. Sadece o kadar :)
Thanks Yelmaaz.... I hope my information were useful for you my brother... By the way, your profile photo is very cute... I guess I have seen it in a TV commercial... is n,t it Kardachi?

Last edited:
Saina : the Saipa company's new face-lift of its own Tiba car

938718_998.jpg

can any upload some photo of iranian made electronic componants,such as micro chips,lcds and industrial robots etc??
Well I can post pictures of indostrial robots . About lcds well all the world buy their lcds from 3-4 East Asian company. And about chips we use on the shelf generic micro chips.

Well I can post pictures of indostrial robots . About lcds well all the world buy their lcds from 3-4 East Asian company. And about chips we use on the shelf generic micro chips.
So what ur waiting for? Do now.
I have some data on techra (x86) micro processor which was based on aristro core. That processor is a matter of pride for iranians. Is there another programme developing such kind of chip,may be x86 or 64.https://defence.pk/members/jeskandari.136435/
@JEskandari,bro,upload some photo.

So what ur waiting for? Do now.
I have some data on techra (x86) micro processor which was based on aristro core. That processor is a matter of pride for iranians. Is there another programme developing such kind of chip,may be x86 or 64.
@JEskandari,bro,upload some photo.
I'm waiting to go home to post from my laptop instead of my mobile.
Iran’s first parallel robot manufactured

ربات جوشکار وب سایت شرکت ربات پارس Pars Robot
Pars%20Robot%20%28PR-05%29.jpg

ربات هاي صنعتي ساخت تام به نمايش درآمد
qdmkmj2ppp.JPG

About the processor I doubt we produce any X86 processor as it's a propriety architecture and we have no license for that instruction set.

but I am aware about a processor that could have been categorized in SPARC family by the name of Aristo
it's an article about that processor
Iran develops 32-bit processor | EE Times
but honestly I'm not aware of anything that come out of it , the link of the company which produced the processor is dead
http://www.parsemi.com/
I guess this is also something that previous government must be asked about.

Back
Top Bottom