What's new

“Made in Bangladesh” cars: how far are we?

I think BD needs to stay away from trying to develop a car industry.

BD is too small and densely populated and so the transports of choice should be trains, buses/coaches and metro.

Mass car ownership should be discouraged by in large.
Should follow the french model, small cars for the cities
Lmao electronics and ship building ? Uhh our metallurgy isn't that good plus electronics are decent at best so we have to improve on that.

I'm not even sure if we can build our own boilers for our cargo ships or even radars
Metallurgy improved a lot if I’m being honest. During covid downfall of real estate market, all building and ship construction steel was exported to China, we have a building under construction and the rod prices shot up a lot. Got a good contract from factory directly to offset cost
Except we can't quite worry about other's later since we do need experience in knowing how let's say for ex how EV engines work for the future.

Sure electronics is great but I don't think countries like South Korea just focused on electronics and not on automobiles. They focused on engines and electronics simultaneously
Don’t worry about engines of any kind, we’re never making them atleast not in the next 20 years
Electric motors aren’t that difficult though and TOT transfer can help boost up production

Should follow the french model, small cars for the cities

Metallurgy improved a lot if I’m being honest. During covid downfall of real estate market, all building and ship construction steel was exported to China, we have a building under construction and the rod prices shot up a lot. Got a good contract from factory directly to offset cost

Don’t worry about engines of any kind, we’re never making them atleast not in the next 20 years
Electric motors aren’t that difficult though and TOT transfer can help boost up production

The thing is we should be working towards making electric engines at least for EVs or drones, and honestly if Bangladesh doesn't make some kind of indigenous engines by 2035 I'm done.

The thing is we should be working towards making electric engines at least for EVs or drones, and honestly if Bangladesh doesn't make some kind of indigenous engines by 2035 I'm done.
Electric motors are basically your ac or DC motors, if you’ve technical expertise designing water pumps it’s not that far apart to design a EV motor, thing is why would you need to do that when you can just get foreign companies to invest in bd to make their designs

Back
Top Bottom