What's new

Lt.Gen (R) Nasir Khan Janjua Pakistan's new NSA?

Making an Ex-Lt general Adviser on national security....is he the right man for the job?

• Previous Adviser was doing a fine job.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What is your solution?
Simple!! Leave the previous and current approach and think forward I am sure we can come up with an acceptable and indigenous solution.

I do not see him divulging any secrets, this is stupidity calling others stupid. I was actually on your side and you made me oppse you because of..... You are trying I will give you that and cannot give up calling me stupid again. I leave it at that. Enjoy and practice your language on your juniors. Not my problem. By the way it is a forum which is open to every one, NOT NDU or Staff college and repeat NO SECTETS or SENSITIVE information was disclosed. You are just using this to shut others up. Anyway let us forget it and move on.
Lannat maro. Why are you giving him any space anyway?
thats a reactionary response to yr posts and the other member's.

I personally know Gen Janjua, since im a student in NDU where he was in charge.He is known as a very good administrator and thoughtful person, basically someone who knows what he is doing.

After NDU he was posted as commander southern command and thats because of him that baluchistan has got peace and we see all those terrorists surrendering in mass numbers, so much so that hard core terrorist leaders r now preferring to talk.

In Low Intensity Conflict situations, where rebel's reasons r justified to take up arms as case in baluchistan, its not abt how u can simply crush them like we r doing with taliban, but winning hearts and minds is the name of the game and he has done that. Also now since indians now openly hosting Harbayar Marri types we need an equal of Ajit Doval in our ranks, hence forth a man who knows abt everything related to Baluchistan and has seen first hand their support for terrorists, he is the right man for the right job.

All of this has been told by ex armymen in the forum like @Irfan Baloch and co. a million times in the forum. Hence its better to gain some knowledge rather then sticking yr finger into such sensitive and delicate subjects as national security.

In short I will describe Mr Janjua as people's champion.
Your explanation is appreciable but you havent given any new information besides your personal experience with him so... That still doesn't justify your snobbish tone and the pathetic words you selected for doing the same thing with which you replied to my response. Without having a slightest idea whatbwe were discussing and what we knew and what the objective. Besides inforcing your thoughts and complex as I do not give a sh*t who the hell you are and what are your problems.... See a shrink. A sincere advice and ya I m more senior than you menber since 2008 so stay the f*k away from my way. And dont stick your as* on the line where its not wanted.

Simple!! Leave the previous and current approach and think forward I am sure we can come up with an acceptable and indigenous solution.

Would be very interested to hear such a solution. Please make a try.

This reminds me of an Old Urdu Saying

"Insaan tu khata ka putla hai, insaan say tu ghalti hoti hai. Tu phir apnay aap ko har waqt insaan sabit karnay mein zaya na karo, aur kuch mehnat karo"

I know our democracy has flaws, but pray tell me what steps have been taken to fix those gaps? Point out a single reform that has been initiated that solves Pakistan's structural problems. For God sake we still haven't reformed NAB, FBR and our Judiciary. Three institutions that are paramount to the smooth running of ant democracy.

I believe in democracy myself, but unfortunately in Pakistan we don't have that. We have plutocracy, unless the Political Parties reform themselves and make themselves democratic, the people of Pakistan will always look at the Armed Forces as a big brother.

Well that's one side of the coin only where we always blame the politicians and paint army as the only solution.

But to get the total picture one has to digest few cruel facts.

Our army are no angels as well and are a reflection of our society too though less corrupt than others (Politicians) but not completely clean and all those who have dealt with them will endorse it.

Bloody civilian terminology is present in all armies around the globe but our army takes it way more seriously and that's my personal experience and like politicians you will see sons of all Maj and Lt generals studying US and Europe only .

Our histories four worst decisions that changed our history are signing indus water treaty , not attacking India in 1962 despite Chinese invite , siding with US against USSR blindly in 79 and lastly and most dangerously when Mushy decided to sat in US lap without going through the consequences were all taken by generals sitting illegally on top.

I feel our army is like that cricket player which performs well when he is not captain as the command clouds his judgment .

Had their been no desire in generals for power and they would have allowed "corrupt" politicians to work our democracy would have purified itself naturally by now.

I love our army but I don't let it blind me to the facts that they are humans like us and my own immediate family had two three stars 1 two star and many lower ranks officer in last 2-3 decades so its all first hand knowledge.

On topic well its a good decision to place a retired able general on the helm of national security affairs as Pakistan is going through one of its most sensitive times.

Last edited:
Before generalizing and making sweeping statement, look at the person what he achieved in Baluchistan. The problem I have with Pakistanis they do not bother to analyze the situation in depth. The man is more than a general.
I think you're also giving a sweeping statement by neglecting the role of Dr.Abdul Malik...

I think you're also giving a sweeping statement by neglecting the role of Dr.Abdul Malik...
No it is not as this is not about Dr. Abdul Malik, I am not speaking against Dr Abdul Malik or taking anything away from him. I am defending the appointment of Lt. General Janjua as NSA based on his contribution in Bolochistan. Can you deny his efforts?
So if you cannot understand the difference it is fine by me. Let us say for you I made a generalized statement and I do not care much about your comment.

Last edited:
The biggest blunder that an Army leader did was the 65' war! We were on track -- set to become a regional power house, a forward looking society.

All what happened afterwards were just action and reactions emanating from that decision.

The biggest blunder that an Army leader did was the 65' war! We were on track -- set to become a regional power house, a forward looking society.

All what happened afterwards were just action and reactions emanating from that decision.

Blunder? India attacked us and we only defended ourselves. :)

All what happened in 65 and afterwards were just action and reaction emanating from unfinished partition. I prefer to talk about 47 aswell.

Blunder? India attacked us and we only defended ourselves. :)

India attacked us later to release pressure on Akhnor which was key to supply route into Kashmir. We crossed the disputed border first. Bad planning and blunder upon blunder!!! Read Maj. Gen. A.O. Mithas' (Head of SSG's at that time) account of those fateful days and you will get your facts straight!!!

Mr. Z A Bhutto pushed for that war and convinced, many do not know. He later used the agreement to go against Ayub.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom