What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

Just checked some int'l media and many have accused previous ISI head Asim Munir of pulwama attack as he being the mastermind.

And that he is hawkish, so this makes him a good choice for IK as well.

As for his removal by IK, it is mostly related to Afghanistan affairs, as Faiz hameed knew how to handle the situation inside out.

Imran Khan also removed Asad Umar his closest ally, as finance minister, that doesn't mean he has grudges against him or for that matter Asim Munir.

If IK throws his weight behind him, this would be the end of PMLN ploy and game plan.

Ganja thought just because IK removed him, the perceived enemy of IK is my friend, could fall flat as per earlier history.

PML-N probably has sex tape against him m as well.... That's how they operate. Ithink that Maryam Nawaz's role in the pML-N

Respect is earnt. When Generals are stripping and torturing politicians and sharing sex videos of them - then what respect can be left? When Generals cannot be named in FIR's, what scope is there for respect? The current COAS himself has admitted his institutions role in politics - what is there to respect there? Who is the one getting involved in politics? The Sipoy and Havildar? No, it is the Generals right at the very top.

Go to any country in the world and ask the name of the head of their army - nobody will know. Maybe 1% might know. In our country it's headline news, 99.9% know who he is. Why? Because he holds the power. That is a problem.
What you said is true. However you are talking about institutional and historical issues. Whereas I am talking about the current choice of new COAS who by all accounts is an honest and excellent general and soldier, a sword of honour infact.

Only 1 of 6 could be chosen. And he would have to be a general not a 'sepoy or havildar'. No?

And if you think all generals are same, how to make a choice then? At least this time it was on seniority.

My point is that Asim Muneer should be judged on his performance once he serves time in office & not before hand based on petty politics!!!

Hope you get the point.

Members are advised to be respectful and not try to malign incoming COAS based on hearsay, rumors and political grounds. This should not be a tradition on PDF.

Asim Munir is a professional and his selection is on merit in view of his professional credentials in the present. He is well-respected within military circles for his professionalism.

The post of COAS is unfortunately politicized (true) but Pakistani politicians are equally responsible for politicizing this post for their political gains. Problem is in this "culture." WE are becoming a laughing stock of the world for this nonsense.

I support Imran Khan but I openly say that he have also made some bad judgement calls before - he is not infallible. I would also add that some bad advisors have let him down as well. But he can learn from his mistakes and move forward. He should surround himself with good advisors if not already.

Current political climate is very bad but WE need to find a way to move forward from this mess in amicable ways. This is for the best.

Let me guess, he is also a paanch waqt ka nimazi, tahajud guzar and hasn't listened to an indian song ever in his entire life?
Who knows? But he is certainly not the village idiot like you. :lol:

..... And hasn't seen any photo or video of any Bollywood heroin, since his birth. :lol: :lol:
Who knows? But he is certainly not a hypocrite like you. :lol:

Excellent news.
First time in the history Sharifs took the decision on merit. He is number one on seniority list, he is extremely professional soldier & on top of that he is Hafiz too.

Excellent news.
First time in the history Sharifs took the decision on merit. He is number one on seniority list, he is extremely professional soldier & on top of that he is Hafiz too.
Source?

I read the opposite and other candidates have more experience than him

What you said is true. However you are talking about institutional and historical issues. Whereas I am talking about the current choice of new COAS who by all accounts is an honest and excellent general and soldier, a sword of honour infact.

Only 1 of 6 could be chosen. And he would have to be a general not a 'sepoy or havildar'. No?

And if you think all generals are same, how to make a choice then? At least this time it was on seniority.

My point is that Asim Muneer should be judged on his performance once he serves time in office & not before hand based on petty politics!!!

Hope you get the point.

InshaAllah he's one of the few that stick to their job rather than the other jobs they've been accused of doing.

Like you said - the problem is institutional not individual. We see the pattern repeat too often. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be corrected, unless the man with the power, ie the COAS, is willing to tolerate a change.

Mubarak to haram kor party and their haram kor supporters like @muhammadhafeezmalik and @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE. Nawaz “not so “ Sharif picked his man. Once again, all corruption will be made halal, Sharif clan and new COAS will suck the blood of the poor and become even more richer. Still @muhammadhafeezmalik and @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE will say Nawaz/Shahbaz are saints. Pakistan has no future.

Back
Top Bottom