What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

My criticism is always based on merit

I don't criticize people because I don't like them. I support Imran Khan today but used to heavily criticize him when he was PM because I had issues with his governance but today I believe he is on the right position

I have said generals can be criticized because no one should be above criticism. It doesn't matter if that makes Indians happy or sad. They are irrelevant

I used to criticize Bajwa much before during Imran Khan tenure while many members who now throw all sorts of insults on army used to defend him

So I don't think I have said anything wrong

If there are actual and genuine cases of corruption against Bushra Bibi then go file cases against her in NAB and courts and prove that she is corrupt. I can't believe in rumors and fake news spread by Maryam media cell
None of that is in question. I was disappointed by your first 3 posts on this thread.(no.'s 19,31,48 on the thread). Those were silly and immature-ish. And cast doubt on Asim Muneer's appointment as some sort of conspiracy. That is expected of trolls, not of you who I think is one of the better posters around here.

And remember that bushra bibi's corruption or not, nab case or not is irrelevant here. Read my post that you quoted. Asim Muneer did his job, simple. Rest is irrelevant to this subject. I doubt story like this came out of a media cell but Remember media cell or no media cell a story has been out for months and not a peep from anyone in PTI. IK himself only avoided it rather than address it when asked.......anyway I digress. Like I said, not very relevant here.

In any case, whatever has happened, is no surprise and that was what was being expected that the next COAS would be the choice of one of the two key rascals, whether of Mir Bajwa or Mian NS.

Wasn't this new Guy Munir involved in corruption and trying to extort money from businesses??

So what stops a PM from approving a Lt Gen who retires 6 months before COAS retirement, and promoting him to Lt Gen? That is in effect what happened here. 3 days or 6 months, does not matter.

Kh Asif there says ab economy bhi upar jaye gi...lol.
Don't ask such questions, people might have a heart attack.

JUI and Fazlur Rehman will go all Jihadi if that happens, and read more about JUI and its support base, you will find sweet talking mullahs in love with Fazlur Rehman.

Zardari will play the Sindhi card and will go for rebellion, the Mians will use their international connections to cause chaos.

The point is the problem is deeper than we think. The people of Pakistan need to change and then you will see everyone will fall in line. Even the corrupt will try to be good.
When I said gallows, I meant literally, with not much time wasted for political statements🙂

From a sociopolitical perspective there's a fundamental reason why corruption is a common occurrence in Pakistan. Pakistan is a multi-ethnic state with Islam binding it as a common factor, there's no strong centralised identity. And since Islam is missing for the most part, there's not much motivating factor to work towards prosperity of the state as there's no longer a real connection between people, hence individuals lean towards serving self-interests in the form of corruption when in power. So either you implement a true and honest form of Islam that aligns with the state fundamentals and people will work honestly for the country's prosperity as they believe in it.

The more Islam decreases the more polarised and irrelevant the state becomes because it's just a mishmash of incredibly diverse people. From Pashto speaking Iranics, to Sindhi speaking Indics. It's the only way to strengthen the society.

In my opinion a civillian muhajir government would probably be the best right now, as they wouldn't have any ethnic bias and they gave the most to come to this country, they have the strongest loyalty to the state. Quite educated people too.

So, I believe it has become clear that Asim Munir cannot become Army chief on Nov. 29, since he is set to retire on Nov. 27, and won't be in uniform as a three star on the 29th. However, I believe it is prerogative of the PM to prematurely retire the Army chief, so has Noora done that?? Both brothers are idiots, and may be trying to exercise 'civilian supremacy' two days before formal retirement. Circus clowns. 🤡
FALSE narrative!!!

His name would not be in summary sent by GHQ and probably prepared by it's relevant branch if this was the case.

The ISI chief informed Imran Khan with good intentions about the corruption stories of of Peerni Sahiba and her friends with proofs. Terrified by Takabbur , Mr Khan removed him from the post of ISI chief, calling that an interference in personal and family matters. But the system of rewards of nature " MAKAFAAT E QUDRAT " is very true and powerful . Today Allah , the Almighty has made that General Asim Munir the Army Chief of Pakistan.

Now Khan Sahib and his followers are afraid that how such an anti-corruption general will allow the politics of corruption and mischief of PTI riot group to continue.

ALLAH O AKBAR
PAKISTAN ZIDA BAD
PAKISTAN ARMED FORCES ZINDABAD
Two words Master Tiles. He should own up and explain what happened. The allegation on Munir are unlike those on any previous chief. Nothing like this on Mush, Kayana, RS or Bajwa. Corrupt chief is perfect for PMLN but disaster for Pakistan and its army.

Legally, if Bajwa doesn't retire before 27th, he can't become the COAS.

However, we should fine with him becoming the chief. If am amendment in the law comes to President, he should immediately approve it.

You will hear parwari cheekhain in the coming days in Shaa Allah. :cheesy:

--------

By the way, I have heard that Imran khan is ok with the appointment. Lets see if my information is correct.

Can we also include army brats along with patwari and youthias.
It will complete the trifecta of the three stooges
What is youthias? Include army brats in what?? You are making no sense at all.

Advise to go through the posts again.

Legally, if Bajwa doesn't retire before 27th, he can't become the COAS.
So far no one but PTI supporters have said so. There's a concept known as 'believing your own propaganda'. Do you know what it means?

Show me one reliable non-PTI related source for such tall claim?

By the way, I have heard that Imran khan is ok with the appointment. Lets see if my information is correct.
Hope this is the case.

Wasn't this new Guy Munir involved in corruption and trying to extort money from businesses??
Truth or propaganda? What's the validity of such claim?

Proof of pudding....

We have seen a situation recently where qaabil people like Gill have been tortured while slimeballs like Diesel and Dollar Dar have been feted in private planes. We have seen both heads of ISPR and ISI bringing institution into disrepute by making complete asses of themselves and acting like cartoons in front of whole wide world. DG ISI has failed to secure communication lines of PM house and failed to launch an investigation on gun attack on ex-PM whose safety is of grave importance to country's wellbeing. And the less said about the cipher, the better. For COAS to gain credibility. army must get rid of khotay sikkay that have dragged army's reputation through the mud.

Second, post removal of IK's government, funding tap from ME countries has been shut off indicating that some of Pakistan's most important external benefactors have not been happy with recent developments. Army chief must take steps which restores trust of these countries. Just yesterday, Saudis announced that they were looking to place USD5bn deposit with Turkish central bank. Can the army chief persuade Saudis and other oil producing countries to help Pakistan in a similar a manner?

Third, expats are Pakistan's biggest asset both in monetary terms as well as in making Pakistan's case in foreign countries. Recent decline in remittances highlight a worrying trend in an environment where Pakistan is facing grave financial difficulty. What will the army chief do to restore the trust of a group whose goodwill is essential for Pakistan's safety and progress?

All talk of neutrality, competence and piety is bunkum unless army chief pulls country out of morass where army itself has dragged the country into.

Last edited:
None of that is in question. I was disappointed by your first 3 posts on this thread.(no.'s 19,31,48 on the thread). Those were silly and immature-ish. And cast doubt on Asim Muneer's appointment as some sort of conspiracy. That is expected of trolls, not of you who I think is one of the better posters around here.

And remember that bushra bibi's corruption or not, nab case or not is irrelevant here. Read my post that you quoted. Asim Muneer did his job, simple. Rest is irrelevant to this subject. I doubt story like this came out of a media cell but Remember media cell or no media cell a story has been out for months and not a peep from anyone in PTI. IK himself only avoided it rather than address it when asked.......anyway I digress. Like I said, not very relevant here.

All the 3 posts you mentioned don't cast doubt on Asim Munir or his appoiuntment

post # 19 was related to Nawaz Sharif drama of civilian supremacy while in fact he keeps on trying to bring his man on COAS position to keep things easy for him and his family and have nothing to do with civilian supremacy in this country

Post # 31 was again an attack on PML(N) where I said that Asim Munir is a COAS now and noon league would try its best to retain him even if it requires to changes laws

Post # 48 was in answer to another member's post who said that removal of Asim Munir from DG ISI somehow hurt ego and esteem of army

You misinterpreted my posts wrong

Now coming to Bushra bibi case. PTI rejects that Bushra bibi or her friend did any kind of post. Now it is the duty of current government to file cases and prove them instead of just using media cells to propagate these cases against their opponents. Till now there is nothing in courts against Bushra Bibi. Not even cases

Imran Khan played onto the minds of Nawaz and Mariyam for their likes and approval for anyone, anything disliked and abhorred by IK, the mind game worked here as the Nawaz and Co, with their dead mental faculties approved the Asim Munir name as IK was constantly hammering the narrative that they being corrupt and absconders cannot select the COAS.

So much so that IK got the better of him and PMLN selected a person which could be the choice of Imran Khan.
So basically what you wanna imply here that appointment of Gen Asim Munir as new COAS is a massive success of Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi Sahab. It means President should have approved summary immediately. It means there was no need of President's visit to Zaman Park Lahore. Every single second which Imran Khan will take will testify Imran Khan's victory of his mind game. Every single hour would be great for the stand still three quarter of nuclear armed personals. Every hour Imran Khan would take will make leave long lasting positive impression. Your thesis here has real validity issues.

Back
Top Bottom