What's new

Loongson: China’s answer to Intel/AMD

What do you want to prove?

That Vietnam does not manufacture the chips, merely test and assemble them, the lowest tech, lowest profit margin step. But hey it lets you claim to "manufacture" 80% of Intel Haswell chips, just because that's the step where you get to put "made in Vietnam" on it. Its 10 times as comical as Chinese who claim that iPhones are a Chinese product, because at least the iPhone has some Chinese parts in it as well as labor, while the Intel chip only has Vietnamese labor and maybe some paint.

That Vietnam does not manufacture the chips, merely test and assemble them, the lowest tech, lowest profit margin step. But hey it lets you claim to "manufacture" 80% of Intel Haswell chips, just because that's the step where you get to put "made in Vietnam" on it. Its 10 times as comical as Chinese who claim that iPhones are a Chinese product, because at least the iPhone has some Chinese parts in it as well as labor, while the Intel chip only has Vietnamese labor and maybe some paint.

1 billion usd of investment is just for printing Made in Vietnam label on chip?
Do you know how to get a Made in Vietnam C/O ?

Most of the 1 billion is used for testing costs and in building; the actual technology used is very routine and the Vietnamese labor is very low cost.

I'm just saying the self evident: Vietnam does not have a functional semiconductor foundry. It does not have a functional photovoltaic industry, the second great user of semiconductor materials. There are exactly 0 kg of electronics grade silicon being produced or patterned in Vietnam.

What do you want to prove?

I follow up this. Chinese even claimed Kirin made by TSMC in Taiwan as their Made in China.

We should come to a term named Certificate of Origin.
I'm sure Intel Haswell come with Made in Vietnam Certificate of Origin. And Kirin come with Made in Taiwan.

Nope, Haswell certificate of origin is whereever the original silicon was made: Dalian, Chandler or Hillsboro.

Most of the 1 billion is used for testing costs and in building; the actual technology used is very routine and the Vietnamese labor is very low cost.

I'm just saying the self evident: Vietnam does not have a functional semiconductor foundry. It does not have a functional photovoltaic industry, the second great user of semiconductor materials. There are exactly 0 kg of electronics grade silicon being produced or patterned in Vietnam.

I simply conclude that your claim "those Haswell processor is not Made in Vietnam" is wrong.
Let prove my conclusion is wrong.

Nope, Haswell certificate of origin is whereever the original silicon was made: Dalian, Chandler or Hillsboro.

You are wrong too. Both about the material, Dalian cannot prepare the material to make Haswell.
C/O doesn't come as your way. I'm good at C/O analysis. You could see "Vietnam" on the chip

I simply conclude that your claim "those Haswell processor is not Made in Vietnam" is wrong.
Let prove my conclusion is wrong.

Nope I'm not wrong because there are zero kg of electronics grade silicon being produced or patterned in Vietnam, which is the definition of "producing" a semiconductor chip, understand? If you are unable to grasp this simple concept, I suggest you start reading about the semiconductor industry and why packaging/assembly is not considered the actual manufacturing of the chip itself.

The funny thing is, this guy is a self admitted high school graduate, who has never worked, studied or researched for even a single day in the semiconductor industry, is arguing with me over tiny details while completely missing the big picture: that Vietnam has zero semiconductor foundries, patterns and produces zero kg of electronics grade Si and produces negligible patents or papers in semiconductor materials, processes, technology, chip architecture or designs.

Last edited:
TSMC will make it. SMIC is still catching up.

By the way, how is Vietnam's semiconductor industry?

TSMC - They are good and now working on 10nm tech. - But it's Taiwanese company
SMIC - It's a decent size company but cannot be called or compared to Intel...most of products build are =/ > 35 nM

SMIC 28nm,2014 SHANGHAI, Jan. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC",NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981) , China's largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry, announced today that its 28nm technology has been process frozen and the company has successfully entered Multi Project Wafer (MPW) stage to support customer's requirements on both 28nm PolySiON (PS) and 28nm high-k dielectrics metal gate (HKMG) processes. Over 100 IPs from multiple third party IP partners as well as SMIC's internal IP team are prepared to serve various projects from worldwide design houses that have been showing interest in SMIC 28nm processes.

SMIC Introduces Independently Developed 38nm NAND Process Technology

SHANGHAI, Sept. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC"; NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981) announced the readiness of 38nm NAND Flash process technology, making it the only foundry to manufacture NAND products for its customers. This process platform has been independently developed in its entirety by SMIC. With this offering, SMIC leads the way in serving the growing demand in specialty memory fabless customers with high-quality low-density NAND Flash products.

SMIC 28nm,2014 SHANGHAI, Jan. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC",NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981) , China's largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry, announced today that its 28nm technology has been process frozen and the company has successfully entered Multi Project Wafer (MPW) stage to support customer's requirements on both 28nm PolySiON (PS) and 28nm high-k dielectrics metal gate (HKMG) processes. Over 100 IPs from multiple third party IP partners as well as SMIC's internal IP team are prepared to serve various projects from worldwide design houses that have been showing interest in SMIC 28nm processes.

SMIC Introduces Independently Developed 38nm NAND Process Technology

Sir, NANAD tech is now have products with 15~16nm with up 32 die stack and some companies are building 3D die stack. 38nm were build 6~8 yrs back

What a coincidence that the packaging facility also opened in 2010. Maybe its a poor choice of words from non-experts that used "fab" to mean "anywhere that is involved in some step of chip manufacture". Note how they didn't use the much less ambiguous word "foundry".

fab means "fabricate" in Vietnamese, as in the viets love to fabricate stories.

fabricate:
invent or concoct (something), typically with deceitful intent.

Sir, NANAD tech is now have products with 15~16nm with up 32 die stack and some companies are building 3D die stack. 38nm were build 6~8 yrs back

You can't compare memory products with processors, since processors in general are more sophisticated and have less repeating units. Its like trying to judge RF or imaging detector circuits with the size standards of processors.

you need 0.9billion to bribe those vietcong monkey kings, your country's corruption is beyond comprehension

10million for thousands skinny slow viets workers to do the rusty job, 40 millions to buy materials from China and 40 millions to buy equipment from West, and 10million for hiring Chinese experts. and the sheet is balanced, and then those clueless little monkeys clapping alone with such 'glorious' achievement that viets can finally do packaging jobs for chips

Last edited:
you need 0.9billion to bribe those vietcong monkey kings, your country's corruption is beyond comprehension

1million for thousands skinny slow viets workers to do the rusty job, 4 millions to buy materials from China and 4 millions to buy equipment from West, and 1million for hiring Chinese experts. and the sheet is balanced, and then those clueless little monkeys clapping alone with such 'glorious' achievement that viets can finally do packaging jobs for chips

you have problem with math

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom