What's new

Loongson: China’s answer to Intel/AMD

I had high hopes for you, but your gratuitous denigration of other countries has significantly detracted from your contributions. I have to put you in the penalty box with Raphael, unfortunately.

I didn't name any countries. Its not me that's bragging all the time about how they look down on poor Chinese living in a polluted desert wasteland and how Chinese can only copy, when their own country can barely manufacture a bicycle, much less understand integrated circuits.

with 100nm ... ok? See what VSMC Vietnam could do, ( VSMC coop with TSMC )

I already know what it can do. VSMC is fabless - it only designs chips. Also, like I said before, it deals in embedded hardware, RFID and power electronics, not higher end products like CPU/GPU, SoC, or imaging detectors.

There is also no evidence that it uses 100 nm design rules; I looked at their website and found no mention of 100 nm design rules. Indeed, the products they offer are more typical of over 1 um design rules, which means 70's technology. Meanwhile Huawei is already at 16 nm design rules (i.e. at the very edge of technology) and SMIC is already manufacturing at 28 nm.

Last edited:
I already know what it can do. VSMC is fabless - it only designs chips. Also, like I said before, it deals in embedded hardware, RFID and power electronics, not higher end products like CPU/GPU, SoC, or imaging detectors.

There is also no evidence that it uses 100 nm design rules; I looked at their website and found no mention of 100 nm design rules. Indeed, the products they offer are more typical of over 1 um design rules, which means 70's technology. Meanwhile Huawei is already at 16 nm design rules (i.e. at the very edge of technology) and SMIC is already manufacturing at 28 nm.

1. What is SMIC? China ? No Taiwan-US
2. SMIC related to TSMC just like VSMC with TSMC
3. Find yourself, I just give you the cue card.
4. Huawei could design ok, Vietnam could design too.

with 100nm ... ok? See what VSMC Vietnam could do, ( VSMC coop with TSMC )
all vietnam can produce are braggers and beggars.
Begging for world sympathy and support when we drilled on our territory.
Bragging they are most technologically advanced when they export mainly agri products.

SMIC is not related to VSMC because VSMC is fabless (look at their website) while SMIC and TSMC are foundries. SMIC is a competitor of TSMC while VSMC is a customer of TSMC, that is the difference. If a Chinese said the same thing, @gambit would school them, but since its a Vietnamese behaving ignorantly, gambit doesn't even peep.

SMIC is headquartered in Shanghai and registered in the Cayman Islands. All manufacturing and research activities take place in Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Wuhan and Chengdu. What's Taiwanese or American about it, moreso than other semiconductor companies?

LMAO I don't need to find anything. I looked at their website, didn't see evidence of 100 nm design rules. You made the claim, now back it up.

No, you cannot design OK because if you could, you would design a CPU, SoC, RF/microwave chips, memory or imaging detectors. Instead VSMC only can design heat detectors and low end embedded hardware.

SMIC is princeling's asset isn't it?
I heard that Its Jiang Zemin's son's

Thailand has a monarchy .

Yes, Thailand is a monarchy country. Let's talk something related to this thread.
I'm making a point about SMIC's major share holder is politcaly connected Chinese PRC, not ROC taiwan. This point is to answer post #32.
A princeling means that CCP can control the policy of SMIC, which can have pro and con.

Do you see keyword "Clayman Island" in post #34?

China: We have a lot of warships, Laos why you don't have one? You are so backward.
Laos: We don't have one because we don't need, we have no sea.

It feel really shame for China to continue using foreigner made microprocessors. Am I right?

Lenovo_LePhone_K800_with_Intel_Inside-front.jpg
no vietnam is wrong. Your country is too poor..

Yes I heard ROC is US allied.
Can you assure that TSMC doesn't put backdoor in Kirin ?
Taiwan want to spy PRC too.

Taiwan will be back in the folds of the Motherland. It is only a matter of time.

How old are you? Judging from the way you act in this forum, I am sure you will live to see the day. :D

Backdoor?You have so idea whatsoever how chips are made。:rofl:

And for your information,the Mainland and Taiwan are a lot closert than you people think or know。

Yes,Vietnam can design for sure。It can design to be a poodle of what you know。:enjoy:

You people live in the dreams and shadows of other people's success。:rofl:

China: We have a lot of warships, Laos why you don't have one? You are so backward.
Laos: We don't have one because we don't need, we have no sea.

It feel really shame for China to continue using foreigner made microprocessors. Am I right?

Lenovo_LePhone_K800_with_Intel_Inside-front.jpg

Yes,making a complete fool of yourself is not an act to be proud of。

Yes,you should feel ashamed trumpeting the success of a country that butchered millions of your fellow countymen not so long ago。

You lot has a shorter memory than those creatures living up the trees。:lol:

Yes,making a complete fool of yourself is not an act to be proud of。

Yes,you should feel ashamed trumpeting the success of a country that butchered millions of your fellow countymen not so long ago。

You lot has a shorter memory than those creatures living up the trees。:lol:

you are talking about Chinese criminals ?

China would soon import Intel microprocessor made in Vietnam.

Simply the best smartphone in the market!:yahoo:

And it will only get better。

Huawei Ascend P7 Sapphire: now with sapphire display

WhaTech Channel: Mobile Reviews
Published: Wednesday, 10 September 2014 09:47
Submitted by Eza Ezamie

Going with the tagline, Excellence With Edge, the flagship Huawei Ascend P7 is making its presence felt in China and the rest of the world. Now out comes the Sapphire edition which makes it more scratch-resistant.

browse.php

Why sapphire you might ask? Sapphire glass is considerably tougher than regular glass, and with most of us keeping out smartphone in our pocket together with almost every other thing, the display can be easily scratched or worn off. Another reason is that sapphire is next to diamond when it comes to durability.

It has the same exact measurement as the Ascend P7 which is measured at 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm (5.50 x 2.71 x 0.26 in) and weighs a mere 124 g (4.37 oz), which is definitely slim and lightweight. The back of the phone has now been replaced with ceramic, that would mean that it is now more resistant to scratching than the glass panel found on the Ascend P7.

The Ascend P7 Sapphire edition is equipped with a 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~441 ppi pixel density. So instead of the Gorilla Glass 3, it now has the sapphire glass for an even better protection. With the latest Emotion UI version 2.3, it ensures buttery smoothness while using the smartphone.

Under the hood of the Ascend P7 Sapphire edition is the same HiSilicon Kirin 910T chipset, Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-450MP4 with 2GB RAM which would have no trouble running all the latest apps and games.

Simply the best smartphone in the market!:yahoo:

And it will only get better。

Huawei Ascend P7 Sapphire: now with sapphire display

WhaTech Channel: Mobile Reviews
Published: Wednesday, 10 September 2014 09:47
Submitted by Eza Ezamie

Going with the tagline, Excellence With Edge, the flagship Huawei Ascend P7 is making its presence felt in China and the rest of the world. Now out comes the Sapphire edition which makes it more scratch-resistant.

browse.php

Why sapphire you might ask? Sapphire glass is considerably tougher than regular glass, and with most of us keeping out smartphone in our pocket together with almost every other thing, the display can be easily scratched or worn off. Another reason is that sapphire is next to diamond when it comes to durability.

It has the same exact measurement as the Ascend P7 which is measured at 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm (5.50 x 2.71 x 0.26 in) and weighs a mere 124 g (4.37 oz), which is definitely slim and lightweight. The back of the phone has now been replaced with ceramic, that would mean that it is now more resistant to scratching than the glass panel found on the Ascend P7.

The Ascend P7 Sapphire edition is equipped with a 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~441 ppi pixel density. So instead of the Gorilla Glass 3, it now has the sapphire glass for an even better protection. With the latest Emotion UI version 2.3, it ensures buttery smoothness while using the smartphone.

Under the hood of the Ascend P7 Sapphire edition is the same HiSilicon Kirin 910T chipset, Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-450MP4 with 2GB RAM which would have no trouble running all the latest apps and games.

worth a good try.
how about Iphone 6?
best phone using Android ?

you are talking about Chinese criminals ?

China would soon import Intel microprocessor made in Vietnam.

Intel processors made in Vietnam? Tell me when Vietnam has a single foundry. Just a single foundry, no more. And even if it was Intel processors made in Vietnam, so what? We also buy rice, T-shirts and shoes made in Vietnam, doesn't make them Vietnamese.

Meanwhile you keep on thinking you know 100 nm design rules.

Intel processors made in Vietnam? Tell me when Vietnam has a single foundry. Just a single foundry, no more. And even if it was Intel processors made in Vietnam, so what? We also buy rice, T-shirts and shoes made in Vietnam, doesn't make them Vietnamese.

Meanwhile you keep on thinking you know 100 nm design rules.

I don't tell you my thinking, I gave you the true fact.

SAIGON INDUSTRY CORPORATION

On the design site, the development is more positive with more than 20
companies offering product design or design services, hereunder are some
important companies to mention:
1. ICDREC: established in 2006 has introduced its first product SigmaK3 in
2.VSMC: founded in 2006
specialized in power management IC has brought out a product low power
power management IC called VS8801A
3. Applied Micro AMCC has established a design center in Vietnam in 2008
4.eSilicon
: formerly SDS founded in 2000 and acquired by eSilicon
in 2010 with 250 tape outs in 250nm to 28nm technology

Vietnam IC Wafer Fab
Since it will be the first IC Waferfab
in Vietnam, the choice for technology, wafer size, capacity and clean room concept is of utmost importance and will determine the fate of the Waferfab :
1. Waferfab
manufacturing with 180nm technology and equipment with
capability down to 110nm capability in 8 inch wafer size.
2. Capacity will be 5000 w/month in the first phase, then increase to 10.000 w/
month in the second phase. Number of IC per year dependent on the
product will be between 600 Mio to 1.2 Bill per year
3. R&D center to develop technology options (HV, Low Noise) and advanced
technology (130 and 110nm in 2 years time frame)
4. Training center for engineers and engineering students of the universities
5 Design center which is working with domestic and international customers to
ensure “design for manufacturing” of products
6. Backend operations ensuring testing of products and pre -
assembly
capabilities (
backgrinding
, sawing and P&P

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom