What's new

Lockheed's F-16 Is Likely Forerunner For India's Next Fighter Jet Order

We are getting tot with rafale rbe2 aesa radar , ram cotting paint , help in kaveri , and many more with offsets. We will get full tot in fgfa deal also .

China will never be involved in war with India in near future, becouse of its echonomy.

And India have already su30 mig 29 Rafale enough for Pakistan if any war....

And we will not get f16 before 2020 with make in India

So we should concentrate on our own Tejas with new tech of rafale fgfa make production numbers hier mark 1a mark2 for navy and mark 3 with stealth tech induct in numbers more then 500 tejas .

LOL, Claining big things without any substantial backups.

Mess up occur due to the irregularity of the budget allocation due to various reasons, and the very fact that ADA should only be the entity to develop the plane and the technology and the all the work related to the FOC should be handed to the HAL, which have better experience in this matter.

No F-16 is gonna come to IAF, and for IN there is no Naval variants. So chill, and don't take the paid media article too seriously. No one in India, neither IAF nor RM is looking for the Rafale replacement and even if such exercise is undertaken than F-18 sh is better candidate.

Now look at the news and the articles which is now been created after Indian is now issued the RFI tender, and it does not means that LCA Tejas won't be the contendor to those RFI, and this is a normal procedure. LCA MK-2 for IAF could be the contendor for the new RFI which is been asked, with various reasons which is indegenous product, second its MK-1 already got the order of 120 units, and the cost which should not be more than 40 MIL a piece, and there is nothing -- Whether JAS Grippen, nor F-16 which is so cheap with AESA MMR, internal IRST, onboard RWR, LWR, MAWS at such low cost. So let the people make the hue cry, the reality is that its the LCA Tejas new avtaar aka MK-2 for IAF which is gonna been selected in the end.

My question is Why would it effectively kill LCA Tejas Simple.
That is exactly my point. With F-16 Block70/72 being 100mil+ a pop approximately excluding the weapons package, it is way too expensive and comes with a lot of strings attached and I am pretty sure LM would only transfer the assembly line but not full ToT and SAAB Gripen would be better in this regard. I hope we partner some foreign entity and make LCA Mk-1A & Mk-2 world class fighters and serve as a replacement for all the Mig-21/27 instead of going with some foreign aircraft and if budget permits induct 1-2 more squadrons of Rafale as we have a lot of experience with French fighters and Rafale is being inducted anyway.

Last edited:
Make yourself strong so that the enemy doesn't even think of having a fight with you.
Excellent strategy.
Money will come, just keep watching.

That is exactly my point. With F-16 Block70/72 being 100mil a pop approximately excluding the weapons package, it is way too expensive and comes with a lot of strings attached and I am pretty sure LM would only transfer the assembly line but not full ToT and SAAB Gripen would be better in this regard. I hope we partner some foreign entity and make LCA Mk-1A & Mk-2 world class fighters and serve as a replacement for all the Mig-21/27 instead of going with some foreign aircraft and if budget permits induct 1-2 more squadrons of Rafale as we have a lot of experience with French fighters and Rafale is being inducted anyway.
both grippen E and F16 blk70/72 cost same as per fly away , mantainence , weapons package and training aids and infra that is close to 160million dollar per pop but unlike LM .....SAAB cannot give us full TOT as they source there spares from many nations

and the deal of F16 is more political and dont forget it still is the most leathel and cost effective MRCA first strike fighter jet that can do any kind of role and with next gen JHMDS & third gen GaN /AESA based radar and combined avionics and EW+ECM+Jammer suites and latest latest weapons pakage there is nothinf exept F22&35 that can beat it out there

Why not go for more Rafale ? i mean you already put a lot of honey in Rafale than i don't see a logical reason to buy a new Platform with Support and Assembly plant .. I Personally think go for more Rafale with a continuation Order for another 36 after this will be a better way to move forward, i mean IAF must have been wondering to look for a 5th Gen Air craft right ? so why not Look for it ? Tejas will be replacing a chunck of your Old and outdated Fleet , your already have Su-30Mki which will be Upgraded to MKK standards, with Rafale , Mirage 2k , Tejas and Su30mkk , next Aircraft must be a next Gen one ..

by the way its just my opinion , so i hope people will counter it with logic not with troll :)

The Tejas project is dead, hence the need for this new acquisition programme for single engine fighter jets.

both grippen E and F16 blk70/72 cost same as per fly away , mantainence , weapons package and training aids and infra that is close to 160million dollar per pop but unlike LM .....SAAB cannot give us full TOT as they source there spares from many nations

and the deal of F16 is more political and dont forget it still is the most leathel and cost effective MRCA first strike fighter jet that can do any kind of role and with next gen JHMDS & third gen GaN /AESA based radar and combined avionics and EW+ECM+Jammer suites and latest latest weapons pakage there is nothinf exept F22&35 that can beat it out there
So you think F-16 is better than Rafale and US would give us full ToT? If you check out various defense forums related to American fighters, it is usually the F-22 which is pitted against Rafale. I'm not saying Rafale is in par with F-22 but Rafale and Eurofighter are both better than F-16s but no one is actually sure what would go into the Block 70/72 and regarding ToT, I'm pretty damn sure US would give us nothing except the assembly line

tejas is NOT dead. it is far better than jf17 in some respect and 120 of Tejas jets can provide a lot of confidence in IAF as it will be indigenous not imported maal

i have observed teenage IAF fanboys at PDF always love imported maal .

The Tejas project is dead, hence the need for this new acquisition programme for single engine fighter jets.

Your Brain is dead, that's why you are unable to comprehend simple statements

DOD India is Pak best friend thank you 10 yrs u will roll out new F16 we will scraping it out . F 16 will obsolete till then 2026 -28

DOD India is Pak best friend thank you 10 yrs u will roll out new F16 we will scraping it out . F 16 will obsolete till then 2026 -28
no this make in India project will start ASAP coz its Modi fav project

depends on which F-16 model you are talking about.....If you are talking about earlier models like the most serving F-16s in Pakistani fleet, then yeah they'll be pretty much obsolete...if you are talking about F-16 block60+, they are there to stay for 2-3 more decades atleast with their new radars, avionics and weapon suites.

So you think F-16 is better than Rafale and US would give us full ToT? If you check out various defense forums related to American fighters, it is usually the F-22 which is pitted against Rafale. I'm not saying Rafale is in par with F-22 but Rafale and Eurofighter are both better than F-16s but no one is actually sure what would go into the Block 70/72 and regarding ToT, I'm pretty damn sure US would give us nothing except the assembly line
well do you think dassault will give so called "TOT" for rafale to india .... think again it woll be as always a glorified srew driwer job

USA/LM wants to make money tranferring all its F16 related manifacturing infra and india seems to be ideal cloent state for that and right now it also looks policticlly correct

and last but not the least no dought both typhoon rafale have an edge on F16 regarding ( speed and manouverbillity & range) but F16 is less maintaonence oriented has a much leathel and cheaper weapons pakage and is much easier to mantain and train on as there are more than a dozen nation flying it and we can have epert advice from israeli , south african , japnese , american and singaporean experts on how to deal with minute details on F16s and make a better warfare doctroine around it

and why would USA be in driver seat now as it wants F35 to be the next big push and if we play it right we can get the best "stick clearence sale discounts" on aef sollahs ;).... got it :azn:

New Pak F16 will fly some more decades,
latest JF17 is not more capable than the soon to be retired F16,
India looking to fill numbers with low cost aircraft, with private sector company.
And F16 haven't won yet.

Back
Top Bottom