What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

Let's not follow Islam superficially. Vast majority of PA has never read the Quran in a language they understand but act all religious when the clock strikes 12. It's really confusing, one finds generals and senior (and even junior officers) that go abroad to x, y and z places or study in Lawrence College, etc and then act like they are foreigners, drinking alcohol and pretending to be gora, then you see soldiers shouting Allah hu Akbar, and every weapon under the sun named after the blessed generation... what's going on here?
It is called hypocrisy, hence the $hit we are in today.

Para SF battalions are SOF, Para (Airborne) is elite infantry, but no exact equivalent for LCBs, which are based on 75th Rangers, have Anti Terror platoons too.
I thought Para was supposed to be equal to SAS or smthn? But it's just equivalent to an LCB, like rangers?

Para SF battalions are SOF, Para (Airborne) is elite infantry, but no exact equivalent for LCBs, which are based on 75th Rangers, have Anti Terror platoons too.

From what I looked up on the Rashtriya Rifles. It said that Every Indian Army Regiment had to raise at least one or two battalions for the unit when the Force was created. Since there are 65 Battalions of the Indian Army Rashtriya Rifles each Indian Army Regiment had to contribute one or two Battalion each to the unit which is similar to the LCB in the Pakistan Army I believe.

Indians have used RR as a COIN/Semi-Special Forces unit in Indian Administered J&K conducting Massive Cordon and Search Operations and Raids on the Pakistani Side of the LOC.

Last edited:
From what I looked up on the Rashtriya Rifles. It said that Every Indian Army Regiment had to raise at least one or two battalions for the unit when the Force was created. Since there are 65 Battalions of the Indian Army Rashtriya Rifles each Indian Army Regiment had to contribute one or two Battalion each to the unit which is similar to the LCB in the Pakistan Army I believe.

Indians have used RR as a COIN/Semi-Special Forces unit in Indian Administered J&K conducting Massive Cordon and Search Operations and Raids on the Pakistani Side of the LOC.
They are men with light weapons, part of the counter-insurgency grid at the LoC, not raiders. All arms send men on deputations in RR units. I wouldn't consider it as an LCB eqv, it's a CI oriented force.

Ghatak Platoon is another name for the commando platoon present in every line infantry unit of the PA too.

Bharathi sena do not have anything equivalent to LCB at this point. Ghatak Platoon is roughly equivalent to LCB plus sniper. while in Pak Fauj sniper is a specialized unit across all plattoons. Ghatak Platoon is small unit of 20-30 men in a battalion and works indendently.

I thought Para was supposed to be equal to SAS or smthn? But it's just equivalent to an LCB, like rangers?
SAS is top tier special force
if by Para you mean British Para then they are equal to American 101 airborne and army rangers
comparing Western forces with a third world country forces is impractical and results in embarrassment because we just dont have the resources and opportunities to match their training and operational scope which is at global level.

so I wont even go around declaring LCB with Paras or US army rangers etc without knowing more information.
but for the sake of feel good and patriotism the sky is limit and we can start by wishing and praying that those death traps aka toyota trucks are replaced that repeatedly come under the attack of TTP and BLA

It's not for feel good but to draw a parable and use them as an example to describe the role associated. That's it.
SAS is top tier special force
if by Para you mean British Para then they are equal to American 101 airborne and army rangers
comparing Western forces with a third world country forces is impractical and results in embarrassment because we just dont have the resources and opportunities to match their training and operational scope which is at global level.

so I wont even go around declaring LCB with Paras or US army rangers etc without knowing more information.
but for the sake of feel good and patriotism the sky is limit and we can start by wishing and praying that those death traps aka toyota trucks are replaced that repeatedly come under the attack of TTP and BLA
Baki jo ap keh rai hain me samajh sakta hu.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom