What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

They may be from Border Action Teams (BATs) that India fears so much😁
BTW don't LCBs use the regular GIDS ballistic helmet?

Last edited:

There’s an assortment of helmets, most SFs components have switched to FAST helmets, LCB and BATs are likely switching too, these purchases are regimental level so not uniform. FAST helmets are not well suited for Regular infantry ops, mostly for SF ops.

I believe most regulars are slowly switching to, or have largely already switched to GIDS ballistic helmets, they’re similar to the LCH/ACH that were standard in the US Marines till the last decade. Same weight, protection and retention systems. They are a PASGT style helmet on the outside but obviously more modern on the inside….though certain users on this forum always cry about them being ancient…

Most likely or could be QRF troops.. each regiment has these troops. SSG doesnt wear regular but LCB does, they arent sanctioned to wear ssg camo and have their own badge etc.

Have yet to see that.
They are from SSG, one is Brig Asif who is a present SSG Brigade commander, they are wearing regular camo so that they are able to blend in well.... Presence of SSG gives several types of indicators.
They are from SSG.

They are from SSG, one is Brig Asif who is a present SSG Brigade commander, they are wearing regular camo so that they are able to blend in well.... Presence of SSG gives several types of indicators.

They are from SSG.
How long is LCB training ? I mean How many months ?

They are from SSG.
IMG_20210616_093043.jpg
IMG_20210616_103344.jpg

There’s an assortment of helmets, most SFs components have switched to FAST helmets, LCB and BATs are likely switching too, these purchases are regimental level so not uniform. FAST helmets are not well suited for Regular infantry ops, mostly for SF ops.

I believe most regulars are slowly switching to, or have largely already switched to GIDS ballistic helmets, they’re similar to the LCH/ACH that were standard in the US Marines till the last decade. Same weight, protection and retention systems. They are a PASGT style helmet on the outside but obviously more modern on the inside….though certain users on this forum always cry about them being ancient…
Any more info about the GIDS helmet.

There various shock troops in indian army
Ladak scouts and nagas also usedfor light Commando action in high altitudes

Vikas regiments of SFF are also qualified for such actions
President body guards path Finders are Also used in similar fashion

Light action teams of Rastriya rifles are also qualified for similar roles in CT ops before SF engages
LCBs role I think is to deal with terror. They are the bridge between SOFs and Infantry.

I think the air force should have a comparable LCB type group to support the SSW and should be qualified in long-range reconnaissance.

The marines could be enhanced further to support not just the navy but also SSGN in high-risk missions. however, it is all in vain they will be used as cheap base protection SMH.

question: can OF 1 OF 2 join lcb unlike ssg? How do men and offrs get seelected?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom