What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

I think the ability to surprise and assault an enemy position, break through and use the momentum to penetrate deep inside enemy territory, cutting of supply routes. That is a key skill. I am not sure LCBs are trained with this in mind.

My other complaint is that by taking the best out and putting them into commando units lowers the quality of the regular units, creates a feeling of inferiority, and does not support organizational self-pride and cohesion.

One could perhaps do better using the Rommel model - train with the leaders you fight with, and minimize classification into specialized "premium" units. Rommel's Mountain battalion in WWI and how he trained and lead them should be the rulebook for PA's light assault infantry, along the lines of stormtroopers, rather than guys of do endless pushups and run about in a funny way shouting "Allah hu Akbar" every few steps.

Let's not follow Islam superficially. Vast majority of PA has never read the Quran in a language they understand but act all religious when the clock strikes 12. It's really confusing, one finds generals and senior (and even junior officers) that go abroad to x, y and z places or study in Lawrence College, etc and then act like they are foreigners, drinking alcohol and pretending to be gora, then you see soldiers shouting Allah hu Akbar, and every weapon under the sun named after the blessed generation... what's going on here?

Anyways I am going off topic, apologies for that.

I think the ability to surprise and assault an enemy position, break through and use the momentum to penetrate deep inside enemy territory, cutting of supply routes. That is a key skill. I am not sure LCBs are trained with this in mind.

My other complaint is that by taking the best out and putting them into commando units lowers the quality of the regular units, creates a feeling of inferiority, and does not support organizational self-pride and cohesion.

One could perhaps do better using the Rommel model - train with the leaders you fight with, and minimize classification into specialized "premium" units. Rommel's Mountain battalion in WWI and how he trained and lead them should be the rulebook for PA's light assault infantry, along the lines of stormtroopers, rather than guys of do endless pushups and run about in a funny way shouting "Allah hu Akbar" every few steps.

Let's not follow Islam superficially. Vast majority of PA has never read the Quran in a language they understand but act all religious when the clock strikes 12. It's really confusing, one finds generals and senior (and even junior officers) that go abroad to x, y and z places or study in Lawrence College, etc and then act like they are foreigners, drinking alcohol and pretending to be gora, then you see soldiers shouting Allah hu Akbar, and every weapon under the sun named after the blessed generation... what's going on here?

Anyways I am going off topic, apologies for that.
Pretty sure standards are adhered to; besides the regular units do have organic commando platoons. I reckon LCBs do have a shock role, but obviously untested for now since they've only been used in AT Ops. I recall in a certain Cambrian Patrol Ex we sent an AK Regt team and an SSG team - the former won gold. So combat efficiency depends on more factors.

Pretty sure standards are adhered to; besides the regular units do have organic commando platoons. I reckon LCBs do have a shock role, but obviously untested for now since they've only been used in AT Ops. I recall in a certain Cambrian Patrol Ex we sent an AK Regt team and an SSG team - the former won gold. So combat efficiency depends on more factors.
Dont think we ever sent SSG for cambrian.

Dont think we ever sent SSG for cambrian.
Either SS Group or LCB.
FB_IMG_1584111661361.jpeg
20200313_201404.jpeg

What percentage of the Pakistani army is made up of Commando/SSG troops?

Does India have any unit that is comparable or in a Similar Standard to the Pakistani LCB?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom