What's new

Li Keqiang hails Pakistan as China's 'iron brother'

Currently:

• China is the largest foreign investor in Pakistan
  • Pakistan's largest trading partner ($12+ billion)
  • 120 Chinese companies operating in Pakistan
  • 14,000 Chinese working in Pakistan

I hope China will help Pakistan out of the current debilitating energy crises that Pakistan has been going through for the last ten-years or so. Insha'Allah, everything else will start improving automatically thereafter.

Why do Pakistanis always ask for help from other.

First you ask for aid from US
Yesterday, your PM designate asked for electricity from India
Today, you are asking China to save Pakistan from energy crisis :lol:

As I said in another thread..
It all depends on the bias of your lens.

Yes bias exist, but not in case with China. You can compare US influence to Chinese influence in Asia. Except North Korea, not even in Pakistan Chinese has that kind of influence that US has.

No...Chinese are quite the opposite of your description. They are immature when it comes to diplomacy and are a long long way before they even catch up with the old Master USA

cluless as usual, china immature when it comes to diplomacy? we played along with the usa against the soviet threats to get what we want in the 70s , now we are playing with the soviet against the us threats , as for us diplomacy yeah right if you don't listen to me I m going to bomb the heck out of you, if anything china diplomacy is the best in the world if not how can we get to become number 1 invester in Africa soon will be number 1 invester in euro and usa and number 1 trading partner of almost the entire world

cluless as usual, china immature when it comes to diplomacy? we played along with the usa against the soviet threats to get what we want in the 70s , now we are playing with the soviet against the us threats , as for us diplomacy yeah right if you don't listen to me I m going to bomb the heck out of you, if anything china diplomacy is the best in the world if not how can we get to become number 1 invester in Africa soon will be number 1 invester in euro and usa and number 1 trading partner of almost the entire world

That will be gud, because this will also causes a lot of trouble, Suppose big players stop with china, EU, Japan , India & other China economy is reduced by 20%.

Trade is only beneficial till it gets payment. Why China don't give Aid like US to pak? simple China means money.

China Pakistan relationship works on so many levels, however one that works the best is China NEVER interfere in Pakistan's internal politics.

Somethings you just got to workout yourself, apparently US fails to understand that which is ironic cause they are some of the most independent people in this world.

'iron brother' that's a new one. I haven't heard that term before. Does it have any special meaning in Chinese?

china's activity is completely opposite to what you just said, its pushing India, japan, philipines even burma towards USA. It bets on pakistan as a dependable friendly country, which is why iron brother.

In what point in history India, Japan and Philipines were friends with china. The countries you mentioned have been pro USA for a long time now.

1. A ready testing ground for defence-related technologies from China and platitudes after platitudes to keep people happy.

2. Only those projects that has any potential of making China use Pakistan more and more.

Above two sumps up the relationships ( smart paksitanis understand this).

This can change completely, if Pakistan allows its diplomats and economy pandits to take charge of all its policies and sends ita army to barracks and borders and curtail the illiterate religious people to any role in education of its young bloods.

I have spent enough tim eon PDF to know that :-

1) Pakistan is a blessed with beautiful landsscapes, hills and beautiful people. Has the potential to draw lot of tourists.

2) Same english speaking middle class which can be used to copy paste indian IT sweat shops ( better than nothing, isn't it).

3) Mineral rich country, close to middle east / Iran.

India / Pakistan / Bangladesh were on country and can have some form of strong associations ( sovereign but VISA free) and tap middle east and CAR region and south east asia.

and if we have smart people, we will only need USA, China to serve our purpose and not end up serving them.

@NALANDA

Some very bright points there. However,chances of this happening are pretty slim until we create 'intedependability',both economic and strategic. I.e If America invades Pakistan today a huge majority of Indians would be clapping with,joy without knowing what it means for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan China relations have transcended just " Interests ". Pakistan's relations with India are based on Interests, but with China the dimensions are different. It is time-tested relationship where 98 % of Pakistanis have seen nothing but a strong and robust relationship with China, in their lifetime. Since our creation we have had excellent relations and we hope this relationship endure 50 next generations if not more. Long live Pakistan China Relations.....:china::pakistan:

Btw, in the video in Post # 21, Pakistani woman sings Chinese Song at 22:22

@Genesis

What does 'Iron Brother' actually mean in Chinese language,because frankly to us it sounds a little odd.

'iron brother' that's a new one. I haven't heard that term before. Does it have any special meaning in Chinese?

Gives the impression of Iron utensil, perhaps something used to harm india.

@Genesis

What does 'Iron Brother' actually mean in Chinese language,because frankly to us it sounds a little odd.

yea it means really good brothers. The iron implies the strength of relationship.

It doesn't sound weird in Chinese, however in English it's just stupid. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom