What's new

Let's Talk About How "Stingy" China Is: About the Donation to the PH

Forget about us
We are a third world country,med Income,Massive poverty & millions of other problems
As reminded by Chinese members
Here day after day

But you have the largest foreign exchange reserves on the planet,2nd largest economy soon to be the largest
Where is that economic might now dude?

Where are the massive Foreign exchange reserves now

The fact of the matter is IKEA gave more aid to PH than China

I admire china & Chinese a lot for what wonders they have achieved
But this is plain disgusting :tdown:
DISGUSTING? Do you try helping out a fucking country that not too long ago trying to accuse and fabricate story about the concrete block? That's right my friend, you don't help an ungrateful, manipulated state. But hey, we still offer aid. Who care if it's little or not? The fact we provide aid despite the manipulative nature of the Philippines is a testament to our generosity even against an enemy. It should be a positive, but the fucking West media always turn it into negative for their own gain.

DISGUSTING? Do you try helping out a fucking country that not too long ago trying to accuse and fabricate story about the concrete block? That's right my friend, you don't help an ungrateful, manipulated state. But hey, we still offer aid. Who care if it's little or not? The fact we provide aid despite the manipulative nature of the Philippines is a testament to our generosity even against an enemy. It should be a positive, but the fucking West media always turn it into negative for their own gain.

Oh come one
They are facing a natural calamity for God sake
Providing aid could have drastically improved your Image among ordinary Filipinos
That country is a democracy if majority likes something it will happen
& I know you have a problem with PH regime but what about the people

dunno about monetary figures.but as these are mainly relief materials,apart from medicines,others aren't too costly.but we're sending ship loads of relief materials which might run into some millions of dollars..don't know how that is applicable to China as Philippines is a neighbour of China.on any disaster in Pakistan,India generally sends huge amount of relief materials,apart from fund....

Gosh dont lead me into another comment on indian's misplaced priorities.
No one is truely appreciating your efforts if you cannot take care of your own very glaring troubles

Yes Pinoys are our neighbour but a hostile one under the present administration. We are not at odds with its people.

Oh come one
Providing aid could have drastically improved your Image among ordinary Filipinos

Forget about us
We are a third world country,med Income,Massive poverty & millions of other problems
As reminded by Chinese members
Here day after day

But you have the largest foreign exchange reserves on the planet,2nd largest economy soon to be the largest
Where is that economic might now dude?

Where are the massive Foreign exchange reserves now

The fact of the matter is IKEA gave more aid to PH than China

I admire china & Chinese a lot for what wonders they have achieved
But this is plain disgusting :tdown:

You are truely childish

How can disasters distinguish if a location is democratic or not? a failed state democracy like indian's or the Pinoys?

Ikea is not a country. It doesnt have 1.3 billion employees to take care of and it does not have hostile neighbours

Fx reserves are for our own investment, currency protection etc it is completely used at our own discretion

You people are trying to make an opera out of this! So pathetic!
Why doesnt india, which is the LARGEST democracy in the world donate the biggest sum for the disaster?

Last edited:
They are using the Philippine. s to paint a bad image of China but it's not going to be successful. The international communities are already know we are enemy and as enemy, we are not supposed to offer much. This is the rule of the game. So all this shit about us losing stance in international relation is pure bullshit.

China missed the opportunity to occupy scaborough shoalduring this crisis 
You are truely childish

How can disasters distinguish a location idemocratic or not? a failed state democracy like indian's or the Pinoys?

Ikea is not a country. It doesnt have 1.3 billion employees to take care of and it does not have hostile neighbours

Fx reserves are for our own investment, currency protection etc it is completely used at our own discretion

Why doesnt india, which is the LARGEST democracy in the world donate the biggest sum for the disaster?

Who takes india seriously?

You are truely childish

How can disasters distinguish a democracy or not? a failed state democracy like indian's or the Pinoys?

Bcauz we are a third world nation
Which is said day after day
The US has a 15 trillion debt japan also has a debt problem
But pathetic Chinese who are enjoying a trade surplus
Are not able to donate
What the hell is this
Disgusting & pathetic :tdown:
You have officially made a new low
Worlds second largest economy donates less than IKEA :china:

Congrats this is a new low

Who takes india seriously?

these people are itching always for showmanship and cheerleading for the west on matters which are completely not related to their own affairs, always!

So disgusting!

Bcauz we are a third world nation
Which is said day after day
The US has a 15 trillion debt japan also has a debt problem
But pathetic Chinese who are enjoying a trade surplus
Are not able to donate
What the hell is this
Disgusting & pathetic :tdown:
You have officially made a new low
Worlds second largest economy donates less than IKEA :china:

Congrats this is a new low

Our money is hard earned
Who will give a damn to childish indians cheerleading for the west on how our FX reserve be used or on when, how much and to whom that our donations be given!

You people from a failed state have enough 3-year old acts on the forums already!

I am going to donate some money to Chi Heng, a charity helping Chinese children infected with HIV. Also giving to Buddhist ncharity.

China has no obligation to help the Philippines. But geeez how freaking dumb could the bosses in Beijing be. Here in China's so called "backyard", they fail tobe magnanimous and show their regional neighbors that they are a real power in the sense that they can rise above pettiness. Instead they chose pettiness and in doing so allowed the United States to once again show Asia and the world that we are a great and helpful nation. The United States scored a blockbuster in this. The Pinoys are now beholden to us and Asia in particular the poorer part now will look up to us as that nation that cares.

Had China been magnanimous, her political standing would have immensely improved. But instead we saw how petty and condescending they are.

@Viet
And I realize that the US has donated less than many Chinese local companies for the Wenchuan earthquake, even Yao Ming has donated more than the US government did ($ 815,000).

Have you ever seen a article like:
Wenchuan Earthquake: US gives less aid to China than Yao Ming
China is not America. You have potential to show the world you are better.

First, I´m afraid you don´t get the point here. As China is growing in strengh, the world is closely watching China, what you do or don´t do. The rise of China concerns many people and leaders in the world. In the current typhoon caused crisis You make the mistake by letting your emotions to affect the overall strategic goal: the rise to a recognised nation, a nice global power. So everything you do you should keep this idea in mind. Treat friends and enemies accordingly. Think of the long term. You missed the chance this time.

Second, sure the Philippines is your opponent in the current SC Sea dispute, along with other conflicts with Taiwan and HongKong. You think bad of the Philippines people (and vice versa). No doubt, in the actual humanitarian desaster, the Philippines and their leadership are to blame, too. They were badly prepared for the typhoon, although the forecast was several days before the storm made landfall. They are badly prepared, too, to the aftermath.

So what do I want to say?

You should act in future crises like the people of the Red Cross on battlefields: they nurse all wounded soldiers, no matter whether he is a friend or enemy.

Ecthat9 said:
China has no obligation to help the Philippines. But geeez how freaking dumb could the bosses in Beijing be. Here in China's so called "backyard", they fail tobe magnanimous and show their regional neighbors that they are a real power in the sense that they can rise above pettiness. Instead they chose pettiness and in doing so allowed the United States to once again show Asia and the world that we are a great and helpful nation. The United States scored a blockbuster in this. The Pinoys are now beholden to us and Asia in particular the poorer part now will look up to us as that nation that cares.

Had China been magnanimous, her political standing would have immensely improved. But instead we saw how petty and condescending they are.

You know that is bs. If China gave more than everyone, the world will say China is buying favors from Philippines. The criticism will be here regardless. CPP leadership is weak in reinforcing positive world image.
Filipinos are not the brightest and unable to see they are useless pawns in the world chess game.

Oh come one
You got to be joking if you believe providing aid will change ordinary Filipinos opinion of us. The Philippines had been our biggest recipient of Oversea Development Assistance in Southeast Asia and the biggest natural disaster aid recipient before the dispute but it didn't fucking stop them from making protest, burning our flag, and threaten to kill my people in the street. This is not mentioning the fabrication from their government to badmouth us. These people are very ungrateful and do not trust us. No amount of aid will ever change this perception. It's a fact, time for you Indian to accept it.

China is not America. You have potential to show the world you are better.

First, I´m afraid you don´t get the point here. As China is growing in strengh, the world is closely watching China, what you do or don´t do. The rise of China concerns many people and leaders in the world. In the current typhoon caused crisis You make the mistake by letting your emotions to affect the overall strategic goal: the rise to a recognised nation, a nice global power. So everything you do you should keep this idea in mind. Treat friends and enemies accordingly. Think of the long term. You missed the chance this time.

Second, sure the Philippines is your opponent in the current SC Sea dispute, along with other conflicts with Taiwan and HongKong. You think bad of the Philippines people (and vice versa). No doubt, in the actual humanitarian desaster, the Philippines and their leadership are to blame, too. They were badly prepared for the typhoon, although the forecast was several days before the storm made landfall. They are badly prepared, too, to the aftermath.

So what do I want to say?

You should act in future crises like the people of the Red Cross on battlefields: they nurse all wounded soldiers, no matter whether he is a friend or enemy.

I don't think you get my point here.
The point is: No matter what China do, they will still being criticized with any chances they have, just like what Jlaw and I have mentioned above:
If China gave more than everyone, the world will say China is buying favors from Philippines
Sometimes you should throw your money to the sea in order to maintain good impression.
China gave more than the US, Japan and many other countries in 2011 to the Ph, but has anyone mentioned about it.
Did the media say sth like "China has caught the chance".
Did the media say sth like "The US has lost the chance".
Also I don't really think that the $100,000 was given attaching with other emotions, nor its amount was a mistake. Who is the one to judge the amount of a donation? It is a donation, donation, you never judge a donation since it is all about voluntary and good intention. Besides they never say that that $$ is the final offer. The Ph government never say a thing about the amount of donation, and yet some western medias try to take this as an advantage to cut China up.

Here is the main point, the media. Anythings about "tell China to treat friends and enemies accordingly" nor "the bad relationship" are all excuses (these are all guessing, since nobody can find any 'evidence' to "prove" that they are really thinking in that way) to denounce China.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom