What's new

Let's Talk About How "Stingy" China Is: About the Donation to the PH

Well, this is China's choice, and I respect it.. Let's not force them to donate.

My first post here. It's really sad that even though humans are suffering, most of what I am reading on news comments and forums are hatred and people acting like they know what the affected people are going through at this very moment. Anyway, I would like to thank China for the effort. I know we will probably never get along due to difference of culture (my opinion) but thank you anyway.

My first post here. It's really sad that even though humans are suffering, most of what I am reading on news comments and forums are hatred and people acting like they know what the affected people are going through at this very moment. Anyway, I would like to thank China for the effort. I know we will probably never get along due to difference of culture (my opinion) but thank you anyway.

Thank you too for understand.

I really piss off that China is being used for geopolitics propaganda stunt.

People seem to forget the fact that China is also a victim of Typhoon Haiyan during which hundreds of houses were blew to pieces, billions yuan worth of properties were lost, on top of which 9 people were killed.

Has any country,including India, even expressed a wish to provide any aid?

Get lost fcukheads.

This is a comment of an article that I came across the other day, and it has a pretty interesting point. I've posted in the other thread but I'll post it here again for those who missed it.

China’s meagre donation made news headline worldwide, claiming that the world’s second economy donated just a mere 200K USD, in contrast to tens of millions from the western hemisphere and the Americans. This article will argue that the purposeful intention of the Chinese would not just be a simple snub to the Filipinos but a high handed play on the politics within ASEAN body.

This article took on the framework of realism in international politics. It is a traditional display of power play in China, to test the position of other states on the issue. The Chinese is playing a hand, so as to better understand their level of support in the South China Seas conflicts with Philippines.

The rule of the game is simple, China dropped a totally unreasonable donation sum, which is ridiculous for other states in ASEAN to follow. Then, any states that donated above China become marked as possible adversary and below or silence, would display a sense of reverence. This line of thought has been popular documented as 指鹿为马 According to the latest news, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Brunei has all either donated nothing, or donated even lesser than China. Whereas, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar are being caught in the storm themselves, and there is no sign of donations from them. Indonesia, the leader state becomes the only country in ASEAN to offer 2 million USD

Soon after, Chinese diplomacy launches into full steam, issuing statements that cooperation with ASEAN is vital to the typhoon crisis and is willing to lead a crisis management group.

In this crisis, China becomes the biggest winner, replacing Indonesia to become the de facto leader in the ASEAN and effectively choking any opposing power to their grip on South China Seas. Vietnam and Philippines might not budged, but with the coming of the Asian Century, they might not be able to hold on very long.

Though, he made a little mistake about Vietnam's donation, but he corrected it in his later comment.

Source to article

Last edited:
When China is over $ 9 trillion economy, people will expect to give more, also some Chinese here claim China is not a third world nation.

I remember during Pakistan floods, China was blamed for the same.

For Pinoys something is better than nothing, hope things get back to normal.

When China is over $ 9 trillion economy, people will expect to give more, also some Chinese here claim China is not a third world nation.

donations or gifts are things voluntary and not compulsory
there is never a formula designed for these drives
it is childish to link it with GDP

India already sent a C-130 which carried around 15 ton of relief materials..most probably more similar kind of missions will be carried out before India will send a Navy ship full with relief materials and most probably,couple of helicopters along with it..
FYI bhi, China goverment has donated 160 million USD(tents, Blanket) emergent need goods to help Phillipne get through this disaster. China is not a rich country which has very thin per capital GDP if you like to check. We comes at the loggerhead with Aquino doesn't mean we have glitch with Filipinos. We had very good mutual relationship before Aquino came to power. 
There are still lots of people in China living under the poverty line set uy united nation. As long as we donate for showing our humanity, there is no criticize that we shall accept. The amount of donation will be influenced by the mutual relationship level for sure, every country does so unless you are Jesus. 

Aquino and his goverment will show what they have got in this disaster, wait and see. A leader must have the ability to govern well in his own country before he can do anything to harm China interest. Hope he will do his best instead of accusing CHina is stinggy. You can't hope others give you so much while you always try to mess with them.

Last edited:
In real political world, there is no mercy. The Lummber head Aquino force his people to be against with China, now he might mess up with China more in order to have more donation with his big boss. You have what you sow, even my 2 years old son knows it. Let us see how Japan and USA help Phillipine out in this one. Hope Filipinos restore its homeland in the near future. 
I've been to Phillipine several times ago, i can feel the friendly passion ordinary Filipinos hold for China. So let us bless them with our best wishes.

People seem to forget the fact that China is also a victim of Typhoon Haiyan during which hundreds of houses were blew to pieces, billions yuan worth of properties were lost, on top of which 9 people were killed.

Has any country,including India, even expressed a wish to provide any aid?

Get lost fcukheads.
Well, I don't think anyone will care due to the massive damage done back in the Philippines.

Sorry to say, but no one will care because many hate China. 
:welcome: Welcome to PDF, sir.
What you said is true, but it is also due to politics.

how much are those in monetary terms?

Looking at the history of gifts, donations, magnanimity or contributions to disasters reliefs so to speak, I believe we are not behind or ahead of anyone else. We are just there to share a part of global contribution for the needy. We are judging the situation and intensity/amount of our contribution on case by case basis

dunno about monetary figures.but as these are mainly relief materials,apart from medicines,others aren't too costly.but we're sending ship loads of relief materials which might run into some millions of dollars..don't know how that is applicable to China as Philippines is a neighbour of China.on any disaster in Pakistan,India generally sends huge amount of relief materials,apart from fund....

India offered generous aid to Pakistan in response to the 2005 Earthquake. Indian and Pakistani High Commissioners consulted with one another regarding cooperation in relief work. India sent 25 tonnes of relief material to Pakistan including food, blankets and medicine. Large Indian companies such as Infosys have offered aid up to $226,000. On 12 October, an Ilyushin-76 cargo plane ferried across seven truckloads (about 82 tons) of army medicines, 15,000 blankets and 50 tents and returned to New Delhi. A senior airforce official also stated that they had been asked by the Indian government to be ready to fly out another similar consignment.On 14 October, India dispatched the second consignment of relief material to Pakistan, by train through the Wagah Border. The consignment included 5,000 blankets, 370 tents, 5 tons of plastic sheets and 12 tons of medicine. A third consignment of medicine and relief material was also sent shortly afterwards by train.[65] India also pledged $25 million as aid to Pakistan.India opened the first of three points at Chakan Da Bagh, in Poonch, on the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan for the 2005 Kashmir earthquake relief work.

China doesn't really have any obligations to help the Philippines. The western media is hyping up drama from noting.

The Haiyan typhoon also hit China which has left almost 1000 people displaced, $700 million worth of damage.

The Philippines has cold relations with both HK & China, few points to add.

1. The HK hostages with the Philippines, Hong Kong is putting sanctions on them regardless of the disaster.

2. Shooting/Harassing Chinese fishermen.

3. Aqunio

As for China missing a chance to project soft power to the Philippines it was already pro US the aid wasn't gonna change that.

It's the thought of giving that counts right ? Aids been uped, best wishes for the Filipino people.

They are using the Philippines to paint a bad image of China but it's not going to be successful. The international communities are already know we are enemy and as enemy, we are not supposed to offer much. This is the rule of the game. So all this shit about us losing stance in international relation is pure bullshit.

Speaking of India, can you share me some information about the aid that India gave to the Philippines?

Forget about us
We are a third world country,med Income,Massive poverty & millions of other problems
As reminded by Chinese members
Here day after day

But you have the largest foreign exchange reserves on the planet,2nd largest economy soon to be the largest
Where is that economic might now dude?

Where are the massive Foreign exchange reserves now

The fact of the matter is IKEA gave more aid to PH than China

I admire china & Chinese a lot for what wonders they have achieved
But this is plain disgusting :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom